ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU5 Retention and Submission of Documents for Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

EU5 Retention and Submission of Documents for Naturalisation

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am

If anyone has retained their right of residence following a divorce from their EU spouse, are such people supposed to submit documents of their ex-spouse's activities before the divorce took place, while applying for naturalization?

I have read a few posts, where people were required to submit their spouse's activity details for the past 5 years by the passport office.

Has anyone any ideas on the above?

dupalsky

Re: EU5 Retention and Submission of Documents for Naturalisation

Post by dupalsky » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 pm

Hey Alixlboy,

It does happen sometimes. But its mostly from naturalisation office and not when you are applying for passport.

In my opinion, they only request these when they have a reason to believe that an application may be based on fraud, sham marriage or relationship

Dupalsky

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:57 am

Okay - Cool , thanks for your reply.
So in general, we are not supposed to submit the relevant documents, but only when/if requested? would that be right?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:05 am

Hi ,

just to address the last response. there 2 guys who got approval here while retention was still going it wasn't even approved cause they got citizenship before.

While dupalsky could be right spouse activity was requested to a guy here who wife and 2 children and activity wa : they had a small cafe i think. so reason varies

That's on my application i gave joint bank statements and proof of address in both name for the 5 years that had ou both names so that they don't waste time ask too much info.... so far they only requested marriage cert.

If you live on EU4FAM shouldn't be difficult to show spouse activity until divorce though

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:52 pm

broli wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:05 am
Hi ,

just to address the last response. there 2 guys who got approval here while retention was still going it wasn't even approved cause they got citizenship before.

While dupalsky could be right spouse activity was requested to a guy here who wife and 2 children and activity wa : they had a small cafe i think. so reason varies

That's on my application i gave joint bank statements and proof of address in both name for the 5 years that had ou both names so that they don't waste time ask too much info.... so far they only requested marriage cert.

If you live on EU4FAM shouldn't be difficult to show spouse activity until divorce though
Cool stuff..
useful info, like always!!
Cheers!

Mrnew
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mrnew » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 am

Hi @ broli
You have mention this ,
"just to address the last response. there 2 guys who got approval here while retention was still going it wasn't even approved cause they got citizenship before."

Could you please give me some info when did these 2 guys got approval from naturalisation before getting retantion visa ?

Iam intrested to know coz my retantion application and review was refused last week but my naturalisation application is in process since august 2017 is there any chance to get naturalisation approval while having no visa at all

Thanks regards