ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shachit
Newly Registered

Post by shachit » Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Hello Abhishek/kmore97,
If your degree certificate does mention about the medium of instruction, then it should be fine to just send the degree certificate. If there is no mention about medium of instruction, then I would recommend getting a medium of instruction certificate/letter from University.

University of Madras doesnt mention about medium of instruction in the degree certificate. Also the same degree is awarded for both tamil and english medium.

Regards,
Shachit
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi kmore97,

When I said the degree is enough I was refering to the case when your university is recognised by the self assessment tool on the agency website. As far as what they have given in the guidence, this is enough. Why I said that the degree should be in English is that we saw one rejection of Sinspider where his application was rejected giving the reason that his degree was in Swedish.

I am not aware that if university is offering the same course in different languages and still give the same kind of degree and do not mention anything about the medium.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Abhishek
kmore97 wrote:Abishek,
Are you sure only degree certificate is enough? Because there are some Universities in India who offer the same degree in both English and the vernacular medium. How NARIC/Home offcie will confirm, the degree of a candidate was taught in English and not in vernacular medium. For example, I know a friend of mine who did his graduation in English only - but the same course is offered in local language by the university. So he got a medium of intruction certificate as well.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Yes Sachit, you are right - most of the old universities in India, University of Madras, Calcutta, Bombay, Delhi have general bachelor degrees offered in multiple languages and all these universities are listed in Self Assement tool. So it might be wise to obtain a medium of instruction certificate from University. As far as my knowledge goes no Degree certificate will mention about medium of instruction. The marksheet or transcript may have a mention of medium of instruction.

kmore97

Compile Possible reasons of Rejection

Post by kmore97 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 pm

Can someone compile a list of possible reasons of rejection and may be a checklist (I don't know how feasible)? If we get something compiled like this - it'll help the new applicants.

beever

WP to Tier 1 (28 th Apr application)

Post by beever » Tue May 13, 2008 9:57 am

Dear Abhishek,

My boyfriend has recently submitted his Tier 1 Application from the UK. Converting from UK WP to Tier 1.

Please see below his timeline for your records.

--------------
Doc sent by agent: 28 April (claiming 90 points)
Received at HO: 29 April
Payment debited: 1 May
Letter w. reference no. dated: 30 April, letter received 6 May
Ref number: PB3042 0149**/***
Decision: Awaiting

We are going for a trip to France for our friend's wedding on 6 June! And have booked all the tickets, so fingers crossed, it will all arrive on time. Otherwise, we will have to waste our money on all the bookings! let's see. I think we'll start asking the agents to call HO next week for what it's worth as we are paying them! The agent has advised that it will usually take 4 weeks for them to process it, so we're still keeping our hopes high!

Cheers
beever

abhishekagrawal79

Re: WP to Tier 1 (28 th Apr application)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:18 am

Hi beever,

I have updated the time lines in the list. All the best and hope you get your approved docs on time.

In most of the cases it is atleast 4 weeks.

Keep us updated with the status if you get to know anything from HO.

Abhishek
beever wrote:Dear Abhishek,

My boyfriend has recently submitted his Tier 1 Application from the UK. Converting from UK WP to Tier 1.

Please see below his timeline for your records.

--------------
Doc sent by agent: 28 April (claiming 90 points)
Received at HO: 29 April
Payment debited: 1 May
Letter w. reference no. dated: 30 April, letter received 6 May
Ref number: PB3042 0149**/***
Decision: Awaiting

We are going for a trip to France for our friend's wedding on 6 June! And have booked all the tickets, so fingers crossed, it will all arrive on time. Otherwise, we will have to waste our money on all the bookings! let's see. I think we'll start asking the agents to call HO next week for what it's worth as we are paying them! The agent has advised that it will usually take 4 weeks for them to process it, so we're still keeping our hopes high!

Cheers
beever

neel17
Newly Registered

hsmp tier 1 extension

Post by neel17 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 am

Good to see Abhishek is maintaining the list... I have been observing his list for last few weeks to get an idea of turnaround time.

This week we don't see any approval as yet. Check out this link to find the latest turnaround which seems to have gone beyond 4 weeks.

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... -extension

Regards

Neel

neel17
Newly Registered

For Initial Tier 1

Post by neel17 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 am

Guys,

for Initial HSMP Tier- 1 Application there is a separate link

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... plication/

Track link for HSMP extension under Tier-1

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... extension/

emacmac
Newly Registered

Update

Post by emacmac » Tue May 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Just called HO, and whilst my case is still "under consideration / with caseworker", the guy said the cases are still being processed between 5-6 weeks on average from the date of submission...

So hopefully that means that mine (and others submitted around 8th April) are only 1-2 weeks away.

I do encourage you to call HO though if you're past the 28 days since submission, as each time you call it seems you can get a little bit more information than before.

For example:
Call 1: Told it was "under consideration"
Call 2: Told it was "under consideration, but has only been with a caseworker since May 1"
Call 3: Told it was on average 5-6 weeks processing time.

Good luck everyone

lovnishs

Re: Updated list

Post by lovnishs » Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Please could you add my details also(lovnishs):-

Date Applied :12th May
Reached Home office : 13th May
Debit charged: Awaiting
Reference Number received :Awaiting
Approval Date: Awaiting
Docs Received: Awaiting

abhishekagrawal79

Re: Updated list

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Done!!

Abhishek
lovnishs wrote:Please could you add my details also(lovnishs):-

Date Applied :12th May
Reached Home office : 13th May
Debit charged: Awaiting
Reference Number received :Awaiting

skris
Newly Registered

Re: Docs for earnings

Post by skris » Tue May 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi Irf,

Just a simple table in this format.

# | Month | Gross Pay | Net Pay | Date in Payslip | Bank Name | Bank credit Date | Credit Amount | Reference Number
irf_bar wrote:Hi Skris,

If you please forward me the pattern of yours covering letter. As you said you make a table in CL. It will be really very much help full for me.

I dont want to take any wrong step now.

Other members:- if you have the pattern of CL spl in earning, plzzz do forward me on my id.

My email ID:- irfnbar@gmail.com

Waiting for yours reply.

Kind Regards,
Irf

skris wrote:Irf,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. You need to be very careful when sending the docs & you could've always posed the question to forum members before applying.

For earnings, the best documents are salary slips in company letter head and corresponding bank statements (original in bank paper) that clearly shows for each month the credit for the net salary in the payslip.

In my cover letter, i had put in a table that showed

Pay date/Gross pay / Net pay/Credit date in bank/credit amount/Payment ref

in which one could cross reference the net salary and credit amount as well as the payment reference showing my company name.

Better luck next time!

sankar wrote:Hi Irf,
I agree with Agrawal. You show 12 months salary slips and bank statements. It will be enough. Try again, don't give up. You will succeed this time.

~ sankar

abhishekagrawal79

Re: Docs for earnings

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 pm

HI Irf,

You can use the template provided by HO on their agency website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... documents/

Abhishek
skris wrote:Hi Irf,

Just a simple table in this format.

# | Month | Gross Pay | Net Pay | Date in Payslip | Bank Name | Bank credit Date | Credit Amount | Reference Number
irf_bar wrote:Hi Skris,

If you please forward me the pattern of yours covering letter. As you said you make a table in CL. It will be really very much help full for me.

I dont want to take any wrong step now.

Other members:- if you have the pattern of CL spl in earning, plzzz do forward me on my id.

My email ID:- irfnbar@gmail.com

Waiting for yours reply.

Kind Regards,
Irf

skris wrote:Irf,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. You need to be very careful when sending the docs & you could've always posed the question to forum members before applying.

For earnings, the best documents are salary slips in company letter head and corresponding bank statements (original in bank paper) that clearly shows for each month the credit for the net salary in the payslip.

In my cover letter, i had put in a table that showed

Pay date/Gross pay / Net pay/Credit date in bank/credit amount/Payment ref

in which one could cross reference the net salary and credit amount as well as the payment reference showing my company name.

Better luck next time!

sankar wrote:Hi Irf,
I agree with Agrawal. You show 12 months salary slips and bank statements. It will be enough. Try again, don't give up. You will succeed this time.

~ sankar

aamirmalik

Re: technical

Post by aamirmalik » Tue May 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks shankar but u couldnt understand my question. I am a student and have been studying for the last 3 years
regards
sankar wrote:Hi aamirmalik,
You can claim points for previous earnings for continuous 12 months within recent 15 months period from the day you will apply for tier-1 General.

I would suggest you to view the Home Office web site and read the document which explains what kind of evidence HO expects from each applicant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

~ sankar
aamirmalik wrote:
aamirmalik wrote:dear friends i have few questions as i am about to apply for tier 1 general

I am a student in UK and studying here for 3 years
after the first year i changed my course and there was a gap of 3 months.
will it affect my application?

i came here on 13 january 2005.
i am submitting 12 payslips which i worked in a company before coming to uk. Tax year in pakistan ends in June. ( JULY TO JUNE)
i am submitting payslips from Jan04 to Dec04
i have a tax statement from july03 to june04 which covers 6 months (jan04 to june04 for which i am supplying the payslips) and then i have tax challans with tax office stamps which shows i have paid tax.
Will homeoffice accept my tax statement and tax challans with payslips
and will they consider it 2 evidences...

kindly advice me
THANK U

sankar

Re: technical

Post by sankar » Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi aamirmalik,
I have no knowledge about this case. Anyone else can answer your question.

~ sankar
aamirmalik wrote:Thanks shankar but u couldnt understand my question. I am a student and have been studying for the last 3 years
regards
sankar wrote:Hi aamirmalik,
You can claim points for previous earnings for continuous 12 months within recent 15 months period from the day you will apply for tier-1 General.

I would suggest you to view the Home Office web site and read the document which explains what kind of evidence HO expects from each applicant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

~ sankar
[/quote]

feigoronin

Update

Post by feigoronin » Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Reached Home office : 23rd Apr
Debit charged: 23rd Apr
Reference Number received :24th Apr

Called up HO today morning and they mention that my application is awaiting assignment to a caseworker. Same status as last week.

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi,

Cant see any approvals this week ? Has it slowed down a bit ? I have applied on 11th Apr and got ref number on 14th April , so eagerly waiting for some good news ....

cheers

sankar

Post by sankar » Tue May 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi Abhisek,
Oopsss.. I completed 28 waiting days today and was getting mad to call HO. When I called them they said my case is under consideration. What does that mean? Does it mean that it has been assigned to a case worker?

~ sankar

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Sankar,

Basically, this is a way HO ties to avoid giving the status of your application. When you call up try to give stress that 28days ar over and you can call multiple time during various times of the day to get the actual status. If you are lucky enough, they'll tell you. If the person is asking your name, date of birth and nationality, it is more likely to be the correct answer, but still you can't count on it.

Theoritically speaking under consideration means that it is being assigned to the case worker.

All the best

Abhishek
sankar wrote:Hi Abhisek,
Oopsss.. I completed 28 waiting days today and was getting mad to call HO. When I called them they said my case is under consideration. What does that mean? Does it mean that it has been assigned to a case worker?

~ sankar

junior

Post by junior » Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 am

Hi Sankar,

The other day in this thread you mentioned about the stepwise process HO follows while dealing with the apps...I was just wondering if you could eloborate any further on that (if you have any more information), coz so far all the information from HO CC is totally clueless...

they have their standard set of replies and other than that there seems to be absolutely no co relation between anything...

this can be proved using the stats/experiences from the ppl who have got their Tier1 visas..

thanks.

sankar wrote:Hi Abhisek,

~ sankar

sr1992
Newly Registered

Post by sr1992 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:27 am

Just phoned for an update as my 28 days are up, and I was advised that the caseworker made a decision on this May 13, and that it should be back in the post in the next 2-3 working days... Fingers crossed!!! Good luck to all those also waiting, I know how much it sucks!

SR1992:(HSMP to Tier1)
========
Applied: 14th April (Royal Mail Special Delivery)
Received: 15th April
Payment Taken: 15th April (Postal orders)
Reference Number: PB30270XXXXXX/001 dated April 15.
Called for update 14th May, was advised a decision was made May 13.
Decision: Made May 13, awaiting what that decision was
Documents Received: Eagerly Waiting !!!

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 am

Hi All,

No approvals still for this week :(

Abhishek

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:54 am

I was just going through the trend and realised that most of the approvals have come during the first half of the week.

Abhishek

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Wed May 14, 2008 10:41 am

Hi Abhishek,
I think you miss to add your details of application in your list..BTW when did you apply..
Thanks for keeping the list to get others clear.
Regards,
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:I was just going through the trend and realised that most of the approvals have come during the first half of the week.

Abhishek

mg
Newly Registered

wait over

Post by mg » Wed May 14, 2008 11:04 am

mg
====================
Date of application:2nd April.
Payment date: 9th April.
Reference: Received
Results: wait over 13th May

abhishekagrawal79

Re: wait over

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 am

Congrates mg,

Can you please give few more details like when was the approval made, when was the passport stamped?

Thanks
Abhishek
mg wrote:mg
====================
Date of application:2nd April.
Payment date: 9th April.
Reference: Received
Results: wait over 13th May