ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by New on forum » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Sk10 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 pm
I did create my own post but did not get much response to it so i am posting here the same.
I need advice from respected members of this group.
We have applied in Oct 17 as a family on the basis of our child who turned 7 in sep 17. We have our biometric in following month. In feb 18 Home office sent two forms back with missing signature which we have signed and sent back within a week. Since then we have not heard anything from Home office. We have contacted our local MP four weeks ago who requested home office to provide the reason of delay and prompt action on the case. Home office did not reply to MP yet. But my Solicitor received a letter from home office on 7th Aug to provide the proof of residence of the child to confirm that we are living with child on the same address and they did say in the letter that they are aiming to take prompt action on the case once the information is provided. We have sent letter from gp, school reports and utility bills yesterday by recorded delivery.
I just want to ask if is it a positive attitude of home office that they taking long and asked for this kind of information. Or they are just delaying purposely and going to refuse. Thanks in advance
Sounds very positive.
Looks like they are going to grant you.

Godson1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Godson1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 am

Sound very positive, they will surely grant you from all of these requests. At least you know the progress of your application, since I did mine I have not heard anything apart from the biometric. I emailed my lawyer to please contact the home office and know the progress of things but he wouldn’t reply the email, I will try to call him and I can’t get him. It’s so unfortunate.

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am

Godson1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 am
Sound very positive, they will surely grant you from all of these requests. At least you know the progress of your application, since I did mine I have not heard anything apart from the biometric. I emailed my lawyer to please contact the home office and know the progress of things but he wouldn’t reply the email, I will try to call him and I can’t get him. It’s so unfortunate.
godson1
my solicitor recently changed their address with homeoffice, may be this is the reason they had a look into file. but they already had all the proof of residence of whole family as we sent with the main application.
my solicitor said it is very stupid of home office that they are asking this kind of document when they already had everything. seriously my solicitor doesn't look very positive as when i asked him about the success of application, he said could be lucky as 1 in 100
by the way when did you apply????

Godson1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Godson1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am

Don’t worry, he’s just being a solicitor to you, he is just applying this saying: prepare for the worst and expect the best.
I did apply by post on the 27th of April 2018, on the 01/05 fees was taking, on the 03/05 my partner passport was returned because they don’t need her original passport. On the 11/05 I received a biometric letter and did the biometric same day 11/05 and that was the last time I heard anything about the application.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm

We have applied Oct 2017 been 10 months now still no reply same case family life on child basis .when we went to report this month they told us to come after a year that made me worried will they take a year more to decide .trying to contact our solicitor but she is on holidays totally confused what gona happen next .

buffalosolider
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by buffalosolider » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Same situation. Please what additional documents did they ask for. Wish you all the best. It is well.

baba27
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by baba27 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 pm

I applied in April 2017 acknowledgement and biometric in May 2017 after that nothing at all.on 16 July 2018 asked for additional documents which was sent on 30 July 2018 waiting since then nearly 2 weeks but we can only hope my friends.

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm

baba27 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 pm
I applied in April 2017 acknowledgement and biometric in May 2017 after that nothing at all.on 16 July 2018 asked for additional documents which was sent on 30 July 2018 waiting since then nearly 2 weeks but we can only hope my friends.
Did they ask you to prove the residence of the child is same or not and to prove that parents are listed as emergency contact in school and gp.

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:33 pm

buffalosolider wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 pm
Same situation. Please what additional documents did they ask for. Wish you all the best. It is well.
they asked to prove the residence of the child is same or not and to prove that parents are listed as emergency contact in school and gp.

baba27
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by baba27 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Sk10 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm
baba27 wrote:
Did they ask you to prove the residence of the child is same or not and to prove that parents are listed as emergency contact in school and gp.
Yes they asked us to send the bills or gp documents on the same address and also the proof of the child living at the same address letters from gp and school etc and specifically from April 2017 since I send the application.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 am

I was wondering why they would want you to send this all over again since it is more than clear that you live with your children and are responsible for their upbringing etc...?

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Does anyone know while our case is pending on hr and we r not allowed to work do we need to pay council tax .plz can someone advise .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Monz wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:22 pm
Does anyone know while our case is pending on hr and we r not allowed to work do we need to pay council tax .plz can someone advise .
Yes, you must pay council tax, it has nothing to do with your immigration status and if you do not pay, they take you to court.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks for advice.was wondering in our reporting letter clearly written no work allowed than how do they expect to pay council tax .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Monz wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm
Thanks for advice.was wondering in our reporting letter clearly written no work allowed than how do they expect to pay council tax .
Speak to the council and seek advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

baba27 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm
Sk10 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm
baba27 wrote:
Yes they asked us to send the bills or gp documents on the same address and also the proof of the child living at the same address letters from gp and school etc and specifically from April 2017 since I send the application.
okay, so we could get the same decision hopefully good. As i never heard that they ask for additional document in 7 year cases,. they just simply refuse or allow.

buffalosolider
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by buffalosolider » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 pm

auwafiokun4 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm
Good evening. After long time today l got a letter from home office today to bring more evedience that l self and my partner are living together since 2014. And l have give them evedience before. It is all most 9months now and we are telling me to bring new evedience. So tired with home office and :oops: :oops:
What pieces of evidence did you first send and what additional ones did they ask for. It is well.

Bopse
Newly Registered

Post by Bopse » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:33 pm

please help!Am a single mum of two British citizens. I applied for FLR FB in January 4 and in I received a letter on the 15th of January to do my boimetrics, which i did on the 16th of January. And since then i have not heard anything. I called them couple of times, I was told that my application has not been decided, it's 8 month now. Am really struggling with my kids as i have a 10 month old baby boy.PLease does it really take long and what can i do? any advice please.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am

Hi,

Have you tried contacting your local MP and ask him /her to write to them for an update on your case? This is some that you can do and most people do so in cases like yours. It seems like HO is taking a very long time to make decisions, charging a lot of money from people like us and not caring whether it's been 5 or 16 months for a decision. Each case is different. I have a friend who's been waiting for 15 months, another, applied to renew his visa (which had been granted 2.5 years ago) and it took 14 months for the HO to send his papers back.

I have applied in October(10 months) last year for our case and so far no significant developments. Only last week we've heard from them asking for proof that our children live with us etc.

Get you solicitor to write to them, keep calling them yourself for updates and get your MP to write to them. These measures don't guarantee it will be any quicker but they'll surely know you aren't just sitting there waiting for a solution.

My MP said that the backlog on decisions is now over 350.000 so you have an idea what we are up against.

If you're facing difficulties, you can contact you local social services via Council and they will surely help, that's what HO advised us to do when our MP wrote to them.

A above all, keep your faith and know that Jesus can fight this cause for you, all the way!

God bless you!

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

Vini81 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am
Hi,

Have you tried contacting your local MP and ask him /her to write to them for an update on your case? This is some that you can do and most people do so in cases like yours. It seems like HO is taking a very long time to make decisions, charging a lot of money from people like us and not caring whether it's been 5 or 16 months for a decision. Each case is different. I have a friend who's been waiting for 15 months, another, applied to renew his visa (which had been granted 2.5 years ago) and it took 14 months for the HO to send his papers back.

I have applied in October(10 months) last year for our case and so far no significant developments. Only last week we've heard from them asking for proof that our children live with us etc.

Get you solicitor to write to them, keep calling them yourself for updates and get your MP to write to them. These measures don't guarantee it will be any quicker but they'll surely know you aren't just sitting there waiting for a solution.

My MP said that the backlog on decisions is now over 350.000 so you have an idea what we are up against.

If you're facing difficulties, you can contact you local social services via Council and they will surely help, that's what HO advised us to do when our MP wrote to them.

A above all, keep your faith and know that Jesus can fight this cause for you, all the way!

God bless you!
Is it 350000 or 350? Your wrote 350.000

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 pm

I would be shocked if it were 350. Surely that would be one month's worth of work at the very worst? I reckon 350,000. That's the only explanation for the length of time it takes the HO to sift through paper work, make the right phone calls, etc etc., and go ahead to make decisions.

If the number was even 3.5 million, it would be an aha moment for me. Because right now, the tardiness makes no sense of any kind. It cannot be explained away.

Georgioche

Post by Georgioche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello, I'm in a similar situation to yours. I made the same type of application (FLR FP) as yours at about the same time as yours as well. I also just received a letter from the Home Office requesting further proof that my child lives with me in order for them to make a prompt decision on my application. This is despite sending all such documents with the original application. Nonetheless I have sent the requested documents. Do let me know if you receive any further correspondence from the Home Office on this issue.

From the comments I've seen, it seems to be a positive sign.

Sk10 wrote:
I did create my own post but did not get much response to it so i am posting here the same.
We have applied in Oct 17 as a family on the basis of our child who turned 7 in sep 17. We have our biometric in following month. In feb 18 Home office sent two forms back with missing signature which we have signed and sent back within a week. Since then we have not heard anything from Home office. We have contacted our local MP four weeks ago who requested home office to provide the reason of delay and prompt action on the case. Home office did not reply to MP yet. But my Solicitor received a letter from home office on 7th Aug to provide the proof of residence of the child to confirm that we are living with child on the same address and they did say in the letter that they are aiming to take prompt action on the case once the information is provided. We have sent letter from gp, school reports and utility bills yesterday by recorded delivery.
I just want to ask if is it a positive attitude of home office that they taking long and asked for this kind of information. Or they are just delaying purposely and going to refuse. Thanks in advance

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Georgioche wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 pm
Hello, I'm in a similar situation to yours. I made the same type of application (FLR FP) as yours at about the same time as yours as well. I also just received a letter from the Home Office requesting further proof that my child lives with me in order for them to make a prompt decision on my application. This is despite sending all such documents with the original application. Nonetheless I have sent the requested documents. Do let me know if you receive any further correspondence from the Home Office on this issue.

Sk10 wrote:
When did you get the letter and sent the documents??? Yeah i will keep updated when i get the reply. There is one more person in this forum who is in similar situation and he sent documents on 30th july.

Georgioche

Post by Georgioche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Got the letter late last week and sent the documents same day.
Sk10 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 pm
Georgioche wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Sk10 wrote:
When did you get the letter and sent the documents??? Yeah i will keep updated when i get the reply. There is one more person in this forum who is in similar situation and he sent documents on 30th july.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:39 am

Sorry, it's 350.000! Thanks for pointing that out.

mr_soloj wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am
Vini81 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am
Hi,

God bless you!
Is it 350000 or 350? Your wrote 350.000