ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Serious help needed!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

koshynita

Serious help needed!!

Post by koshynita » Tue May 13, 2008 6:49 pm

My relative is a doctor in UK previously on permit free training & over the past 3 years on HSMP.

He has completed 10 years & recently went in person to the Homeoffice to get long stay ILR.
There were no problems with application except "One of the entry had a gap of 1 month ( between visa expiring & new one) & the home office person refused to take the application and gave it back to them.

My relative is not sure what happened for him to apply after expiry of visa & in 1 month.

Home office is adamant...he had not posted it but had gone to the home office in person for the new visa.... making it an illegal stayof 1 month.

We have now requested SAB check.
Will this help to check out?

If what the home office guy says is true ( illegal stay for 1 month) what other options does the forum advise?
Any immigration lawyers who will take up the case?

We are a very disappointed bunch & any help would be much appreciated !!

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue May 13, 2008 7:27 pm

koshynita,
does your relative have access to his own passports? can he confirm the date of the new EC and the expiration date of the previous EC?
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

John

Post by John » Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 pm

koshynita, does he think for certain that the application for the new visa was definitely submitted prior to the expiry of the old one?

He should apply for a SAR ... subject access request .... a copy of the Home Office records on him. Cost £10 ... use search facility on this Board to search for SAR ... to find out how to apply for SAR.
John

koshynita

1 month illegal stay in 10 years

Post by koshynita » Sun May 18, 2008 5:38 am

it does look he forgot to get the visa stamped in time & there is a time gap.
is there anything he can do?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: 1 month illegal stay in 10 years

Post by thirdwave » Sun May 18, 2008 8:20 am

koshynita wrote:it does look he forgot to get the visa stamped in time & there is a time gap.
is there anything he can do?
Complete 5 years under HSMP??

softboy
Newly Registered

Post by softboy » Sun May 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Request for SAR - if its all clear then apply by post and explain the situation.

I had a 6 month gap in my FLR and I got my ILR last month.

koshynita

reply to softboy

Post by koshynita » Mon May 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Thankyou softboy
This appears to be 1 month illegal stay ...ie...he forgot to go upto the home office & went after 1 month with his hospital contract. so it does look the stay is illegal.Will they overlook it?

No thirdwave this is not on HSMP
This is predominantly 10 year longstay on a combination of permit free training & HSMP.

egg yolk
Newly Registered

Post by egg yolk » Mon May 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Your best option is to wait to get the SAR papers. There will be something quiet relevant in them.

Good luck!