ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP wait time after succesful appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Re: BRP wait time after succesful appeal

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:15 pm
Whenwillthewaitbover wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm
KingKhan123 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm
KingKhan123 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 pm
Hello people here's the timeline for my ILR application (10 years long residency route):

ILR applied: 25/05/17

ILR refused: 26/07/17

Refusal letter received: 22/09/17

Appeal lodged to FTT: 02/10/17

Appeal Hearing date: 26/06/18 (Hearing adjourned for a later date on the request of Home office presenting officer)

Appeal heard: 13/07/18

Judge decision: 25/07/18

Case determination received: 27/07/18 (Judge allows the Appeal on human right bases and orders to refund fees) HO has 14 days to appeal.

Court appeal fees refunded to my bank account: 07/08/18

The wait continues.....

Hello lovely people. Just a quick update.my lawyer called me earlier and said he has received my passports and a letter from the HO stating that they have processed the courts order and have issued me an ILR. They also said that I shall receive my ILR within 2 weeks. So I think by the grace of almighty Lord Allah, the KING of kings has accepted my plea and have granted me what I requested him. May he grant you all out there what you are looking for and May you all get your visas quick. I will be updating you all on this forum till I receive my BRP card which shouldn't really take 2 weeks. (Normally it arrives within 3 to 4 days) Good Luck you all!
Now this is Fantastic news!!! I am very excited for you!! Thanks be to God. Yes,please update until you have received your BRP, post like these are really helpful! Again congratulationsss!!
Thank you so much whenwillthewaitbover I know how every one feels in such situation. I've been in it my self. It's ugly but one should never lose hope .Be positive and let positivity surround you. See I never really thought too much about it. As u rightly mentioned in your previous post u can't do anything about stuff that's not in your control. So just pray to God that you get through it. Put some deep house/lounge music on, renew your netflix, and get some popcorn. And wait for the right time.
😂🤣 haha I totally agree with everything you say! & I will do exactly that, it’s takes too much energy to sit around sad and anxious so surrounding myself with positivity and also being positive and patient really helps to pass the time because you get the good news when you least expect it. I’m going to blast some music, sit back, relax because the worst as already come and gone (which was the court) and after winning the appeal and not having the HO challenge that decision, most of the dark clouds are gone so will just focus on other things for now until it’s my time.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Ok guys I received my BRP card today. I can confirm I got ILR (Alhamdulillah). Maybe I was one lucky bastard who gt his ILR BRP in less than a.month after Wining my appeal. (Check my previous time line for further reference). I gt all my passports (expired x2) :( and my BRP card. So I think they are speeding up the process. Anyhow there is one BIG ISSUE: the validity on my BRP is 2.6years (date issued: 10/8/18; expiry: 10/2/2021) which is very strange as it should normally be valid for 10 years. I don't know anything yet but will write to them via the email address they have provided in the accompanying letter that came with it which states that in case there is any mistakes in my BRP I should write to them In 10 working days. Here we go again. :arrow: :roll: HO will you ever do one thing smoothly without mistakes..... guys i will update you all on this development ....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:43 am

KingKhan123 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Ok guys I received my BRP card today. I can confirm I got ILR (Alhamdulillah). Maybe I was one lucky bastard who gt his ILR BRP in less than a.month after Wining my appeal. (Check my previous time line for further reference). I gt all my passports (expired x2) :( and my BRP card. So I think they are speeding up the process. Anyhow there is one BIG ISSUE: the validity on my BRP is 2.6years (date issued: 10/8/18; expiry: 10/2/2021) which is very strange as it should normally be valid for 10 years. I don't know anything yet but will write to them via the email address they have provided in the accompanying letter that came with it which states that in case there is any mistakes in my BRP I should write to them In 10 working days. Here we go again. :arrow: :roll: HO will you ever do one thing smoothly without mistakes..... guys i will update you all on this development ....
What does your BRP card say under category or type of grant??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 am

KingKhan123 wrote:
I am happy you have received everything and can finally get your life back but really 2.6 years when it’s suppose to be 10!! I hope something can be done about that, everything is money for the HO and the longer they can make money off us there is no doubt that’s the route they will try to take. Have your lawyer write to them.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:43 am
KingKhan123 wrote:
What does your BRP card say under category or type of grant??

Hi CR001!

It says:
TYPE OF PERMIT: "SETTLEMENT"
REMARKS: "INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN"
PLACE AND DATE OF ISSUE: "UK 10-08-2018"
VALID UNTIL: "10-02-2021"

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:41 am

I also called the HO and informed them about the issue the lady from HO said that ILR brp are normally valid for 10 years and clearly in my Case; it is a typing/admin error. She directed me to the direct.gov website and then put in search bar "BRP" and follow the link that says "report any mistakes/error in your brp" clicking that link takes me to "admin review." She also mentioned that the HO will get bk to you within 5 working days and advise you what to do next. The whole process should not take more than 28 days to resolve an issue/error in your BRP.

Here's an extra bonus help for all ya beautiful people :arrow: HO contact number to get a quick answer in regards to your ongoing application, post appeal case status, reporting BRP error etc. it's a straight number to HO and someone from HO will answer you.
0300 123 2241. 8) Thank me later

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 pm

So I have finally received my passport and a letter from the HO to say my BRP will be delivered in 10 days. It was dated the 13 Aug.

My lawyer did not even let me know the letter or my passport had been returned. Had I not called him today would still be unaware that anything was sent. Thus, I would encourage y’all to stay in touch with your solicitors, because what I realise is as soon as some of these lawyers money ran out they don’t care about your case no more.
So hopefully to get it sn!!

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 pm
So I have finally received my passport and a letter from the HO to say my BRP will be delivered in 10 days. It was dated the 13 Aug.

My lawyer did not even let me know the letter or my passport had been returned. Had I not called him today would still be unaware that anything was sent. Thus, I would encourage y’all to stay in touch with your solicitors, because what I realise is as soon as some of these lawyers money ran out they don’t care about your case no more.
This is so True happened to me as well my Determination and Biometric letter was Received by my Solicitor on 1st of Augut and he didnt inform me till i received his post on 10th of August So everyone in waiting situation should keep in touch with your reps

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am

Hey! See i told ya dont worry you will be fine! That's fantastic news whenwillthewaitbover! Finally you're wait is now over and you can enjoy your life. I'm happy for ya! By the way what s the expiry in your BRP?? U applied for ILR didn't ya?

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:37 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am

You was right indeed! Thank you so much for your kinda words of encouragement and reassurance.
I didn’t apply for ILR but for Residence Card. My lawyer told me I would get 5 years not sure so fingers crossed 🤞 that’s what I will get.

Hey! See i told ya dont worry you will be fine! That's fantastic news whenwillthewaitbover! Finally you're wait is now over and you can enjoy your life. I'm happy for ya! By the way what s the expiry in your BRP?? U applied for ILR didn't ya?

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:45 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 pm

This is so True happened to me as well my Determination and Biometric letter was Received by my Solicitor on 1st of Augut and he didnt inform me till i received his post on 10th of August So everyone in waiting situation should keep in touch with your reps
I believe our lawyers are being very negligent, I too did not get a call to say my Promulgation letter from HO was received,had to call, so I am sure when the card arrives he will not call either. It’s really unprofessional on my lawyers part. The reason he is like this from what I can understand is he wanted me to give the £140 awarded to me by the courts to him. How unreasonable and greedy! I don’t owe him a dime, I payed all his elaborate fees. Greed is why he no longer cares about my case but that doesn’t bother me, next week I will call him about my card and if it has arrived, I will go to collect it and bid him goodbye.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:45 pm
minhas23 wrote:

I believe our lawyers are being very negligent, I too did not get a call to say my Promulgation letter from HO was received,had to call, so I am sure when the card arrives he will not call either. It’s really unprofessional on my lawyers part. The reason he is like this from what I can understand is he wanted me to give the £140 awarded to me by the courts to him. How unreasonable and greedy! I don’t owe him a dime, I payed all his elaborate fees. Greed is why he no longer cares about my case but that doesn’t bother me, next week I will call him about my card and if it has arrived, I will go to collect it and bid him goodbye.
Hey all! I wanted a quick suggestion from all of you. As I previously mentioned that my ILR BRP card has an expiry of 2.6 years instead of 10 years. Do you guys think I should pursue this error and lodge an administrative review to the Home Office to re-issue me another brp with full 10 years expiry on it??? Or do you all think it's better not to put my head inside the lions mouth again and ask for trouble since I gt this ILR after 1.6 years of legal battle? Note I will be eligible for British naturalization after 1 year of holding the ILR. I have some friends telling me that there is no need for it as I have 2.6byears which are more than enough as I only need 1 year. But then there are some friends telling me that u can never trust home office as rules change frequently and that since I have 14 days to report any error which would be rectified without charge than why not do it now? Get a proper 10 year valid ilr brp... So guys what do you all suggest? Any gurus help would be great. CR001??

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:13 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm
minhas23 wrote:

Hey all! I wanted a quick suggestion from all of you. As I previously mentioned that my ILR BRP card has an expiry of 2.6 years instead of 10 years. Do you guys think I should pursue this error and lodge an administrative review to the Home Office to re-issue me another brp with full 10 years expiry on it??? Or do you all think it's better not to put my head inside the lions mouth again and ask for trouble since I gt this ILR after 1.6 years of legal battle? Note I will be eligible for British naturalization after 1 year of holding the ILR. I have some friends telling me that there is no need for it as I have 2.6byears which are more than enough as I only need 1 year. But then there are some friends telling me that u can never trust home office as rules change frequently and that since I have 14 days to report any error which would be rectified without charge than why not do it now? Get a proper 10 year valid ilr brp... So guys what do you all suggest? Any gurus help would be great. CR001??
I read on a website today that permanent residence card will not be valid after the 31st December 2020😳

KingKhan123, everything your friends are saying is actually good advice because you have applied for 10 years permanent residency and have not received it so the right thing to do would be to try and rectify the problem but at the same time having 2.6 years is great and as you mentioned you only need 1 more year to apply for British Citizenship so I would say just accept the 2+ years & then apply for citizenship. In addition , I also know the HO can be quite difficult to deal with and they could give you a hard time when trying to apply for Citizenship but from you have sufficient evidence required and the Lord by your side, I don’t see why it won’t be granted to you. I know how physically, emotionally and mentally draining and exhausting this must be to go through all you have been through and then finally not get what was required. Give this some more taught, speak with your solicitor as to what would be best and let me know what you decide to do in the end.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 pm

You won't get a brp card valid for 10 years. All brp cards issued will have a CARD expiry date of 31st December 2024, which is when all biometric documents must be updated with enhanced security features.

Note that the STATUS does not expire, it is the CARD that expires, like a drivers licence!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:13 pm
KingKhan123 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm
minhas23 wrote:

I read on a website today that permanent residence card will not be valid after the 31st December 2020😳

KingKhan123, everything your friends are saying is actually good advice because you have applied for 10 years permanent residency and have not received it so the right thing to do would be to try and rectify the problem but at the same time having 2.6 years is great and as you mentioned you only need 1 more year to apply for British Citizenship so I would say just accept the 2+ years & then apply for citizenship. In addition , I also know the HO can be quite difficult to deal with and they could give you a hard time when trying to apply for Citizenship but from you have sufficient evidence required and the Lord by your side, I don’t see why it won’t be granted to you. I know how physically, emotionally and mentally draining and exhausting this must be to go through all you have been through and then finally not get what was required. Give this some more taught, speak with your solicitor as to what would be best and let me know what you decide to do in the end.
Whenwillthewaitbover can you please guide me to the website where you read that permanent resident card won't be valid after the 31st December 2020?? Link ? Thanks!

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 pm
You won't get a brp card valid for 10 years. All brp cards issued will have a CARD expiry date of 31st December 2024, which is when all biometric documents must be updated with enhanced security features.

Note that the STATUS does not expire, it is the CARD that expires, like a drivers licence!!
Hi CR001! Thanks for your prompt reply. I do u understand that the status is not affected by the expiry of the brp card. But yeah I have read that most cards are being issued up till 2024 BUT

1) mine gt issued till 2021?? I mean if it was issued till 2024 I would have 6 years valid brp which is obviously better than 2.6 years.... what is your comment on that?

2) please advise me shall I lodge an administrative review or not? What would you do if you were in my situation??

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:57 am

@KingKhan123 I read it at Gov.uk but after looking at it again, my apologies but it only pertains to the EU nationals (didn’t see the bold heading stating this).

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:58 pm

minhas23 wrote:

isn't there any way to compalint against them ? at least they wont do this to other people my Solicitor was very rude when i said you had my Determination papers for 10 days and you posted it without paying postage charges and i had to pay that as well. im Really annoyed now want to complaint about their services because this is third time he did this to me biggest set back was the day my Court hearing was going to happen he text me previous night at 11.40 pm that he cant come to court and some other Solicitor will do this for him and me this was a shock because after few hours my hearing was going to happen and i didnt know who is going to fight for my case lucky i won the appeal but it was horror that night

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:59 pm

minhas23 wrote:

isn't there any way to compalint against them ? at least they wont do this to other people my Solicitor was very rude when i said you had my Determination papers for 10 days and you posted it without paying postage charges and i had to pay that as well. im Really annoyed now want to complaint about their services because this is third time he did this to me biggest set back was the day my Court hearing was going to happen he text me previous night at 11.40 pm that he cant come to court and some other Solicitor will do this for him and me this was a shock because after few hours my hearing was going to happen and i didnt know who is going to fight for my case lucky i won the appeal but it was horror that night

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:51 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:58 pm
minhas23 wrote:

That’s absolutely terrible! Surely not very professional at all to leave you hanging like that without valid reasons. This is what you paid him for, to represent you in court! I am not sure how to complain against them but I would say If you have not yet received your BRP Card as yet remain calm and courteous, and as soon as you are in the clear wipe your hands free of him and try not to use him again. I can’t wait to never call my lawyer again because he’s one greedy ba....d. I won’t argue, or insult him, will never lower myself to his standards, instead I will rejoice and thank God that I’m finish with him for good.

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:51 pm
minhas23 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

That’s absolutely terrible! Surely not very professional at all to leave you hanging like that without valid reasons. This is what you paid him for, to represent you in court! I am not sure how to complain against them but I would say If you have not yet received your BRP Card as yet remain calm and courteous, and as soon as you are in the clear wipe your hands free of him and try not to use him again. I can’t wait to never call my lawyer again because he’s one greedy ba....d. I won’t argue, or insult him, will never lower myself to his standards, instead I will rejoice and thank God that I’m finish with him for good.
True and are you sure BRP going to my solicitor ? they not sending it direct to me via post ?

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:59 pm
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:51 pm
minhas23 wrote:

True and are you sure BRP going to my solicitor ? they not sending it direct to me via post ?
I don’t know if your BRP will be sent to your home address or your solicitor. I believe it depends on the return address that the HO have for you when you applied. I believe mine will be going to my solicitor so I will have to keep contacting him just to be sure he doesn’t receive it and decide to keep tight lipped.

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am

So I have received a call from my Solicitor that my BRP Card as arrived!! The wait is finally over and I’m overjoyed (solicitor phoned because I called yesterday and ask to phone me when it arrives). I hope that @Minhas23 will receive BRP Card soon!!

I have already started applying for jobs because it surely feels good to now be able to work!! Thank you KingKhan123 for the support you are amazing and I hope you get everything sorted and eventually get your British Citizenship!

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am
So I have received a call from my Solicitor that my BRP Card as arrived!! The wait is finally over and I’m overjoyed (solicitor phoned because I called yesterday and ask to phone me when it arrives). I hope that @Minhas23 will receive BRP Card soon!!

I have already started applying for jobs because it surely feels good to now be able to work!! Thank you KingKhan123 for the support you are amazing and I hope you get everything sorted and eventually get your British Citizenship!
Whenwillthewaitbover you wait is FINALLY OVER! I had very positive feeling about your case and I knew it you will get it any time soon now. Now that you have gt your brp card and your visa sorted! Do us all a favour; have a blast pop open them bottles, let the good times flow... and relax sit back give your self a couple of days to catch up with the excitement let it all out scream, jump, run dance enjoy, once your done with all that then come out of your defense mode and start applying for jobs and sort your life out. Again I will appeal to all members on this forum; tell your family and friends about this immigrationboards website, spread the good word and let people have access to all this valuable information that us lot have provided. We may be out of this mess now but there are many that are still in there struggling or have just entered this stressful journey. May all of you get your visas sorted (amen!) whenwillthewaitbover congradualtions once again on your visa/brp card.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Post by KingKhan123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi all I have decided not to go for an administrative review into my ILR BRP's short expiry date (they gave me a brp that is going to expire in 2.6 years instead of normal ILR brp's which expire after 10 years) the reason is that the amount of friends & family members including my legal team and you (whenwillthewaitbover) :wink: said there is no need for it as I only need 1 year for British citizenship and since I have 2.6 years; it's pointless to go for an administrative review, besides that my research has yield that there are many people getting 6-8-9 years brp cards for their ILR which has to do something with the security features update required now and then as per UKVI protocols. So I have decided to not go for an administrative review and apply for British citizenship after 1 year instead.