ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for National Insurance Number (Documents)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Martinrsa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Applying for National Insurance Number (Documents)

Post by Martinrsa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am

Hi everyone,

I received my BRP yesterday after very long wait. I have an interview to get a National Insurance Number scheduled for September 5th.

My enquiry is regarding my passport, since my application was on hold for a while, the passport I sent with it is now expired. I have scheduled an appointment to renew it but this has to be at the embassy in London but the process could take a few months unless I pay for emergency services which I really can't afford at the moment.

When I called to schedule the interview I asked the lady if I could use another document to verify my identity since the website says other documents to prove identity are accepted but it doesn't specify any further.

The lady who got my call was very rude and didn't seem to know anything, she didn't ask me about my visa and she didn't even know what a BRP was.

I was wondering if anyone has been through this process recently and what documents were you asked to bring? I wouldn't want this process to be delayed for too long since I need the National Insurance Number to start working :cry:

Thank you

marcnath

Re: Applying for National Insurance Number (Documents)

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 am

Martinrsa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am
Hi everyone,

I received my BRP yesterday after very long wait. I have an interview to get a National Insurance Number scheduled for September 5th.

My enquiry is regarding my passport, since my application was on hold for a while, the passport I sent with it is now expired. I have scheduled an appointment to renew it but this has to be at the embassy in London but the process could take a few months unless I pay for emergency services which I really can't afford at the moment.

When I called to schedule the interview I asked the lady if I could use another document to verify my identity since the website says other documents to prove identity are accepted but it doesn't specify any further.

The lady who got my call was very rude and didn't seem to know anything, she didn't ask me about my visa and she didn't even know what a BRP was.

I was wondering if anyone has been through this process recently and what documents were you asked to bring? I wouldn't want this process to be delayed for too long since I need the National Insurance Number to start working :cry:

Thank you
An expired passport should still satisfy the identity requirements, especially when accompanied with other ID documents such as the BRP.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.