ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship online application_referees forms and photos

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

astaron
Newly Registered

AN form questions- points 1.28 - 1.49 - 2.3 and Nationality Checking Service

Post by astaron » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi guys,
Thanx for any help you will be able to offer me.
I tried to find the answers to my questions in past topics but I was not successful. I hope not to waste too much of your time.

I wanted to go through the Nationality Checking Service, but they told me that the first available appointment is the 7 of September (!!!) and, apparently, the only way to get the appointment is through this email: registeroffice@manchester.gov.uk
Would it be possible to get an appintment earlier? maybe via phone to another structure?
Does this emails referes only to Manchester office or it is also about all the other offices all over the country?

I'm filling my AN form and I have almost everything except some points and questions:

1.28 - mother FULL name and maidens name.
Do they want to know my mother complete name with both my fathers AND her maiden surname, or I should put ONLY my mothers surname?
(does it make any difference?)

1.49 - Tax reference number:
Where do I find it? Has it other names, like PAYE Reference, and do employees have it, as well as freelancers?
Is it necessary to fill it or it is not that important?

2.3 - tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalized.
besides being an odd question, as everything could change by the time I get the citizenship and the passport, if I just write ENGLAND, is it fine?

4 - Crown service
if it has nothing to do with my application, is it better to just leave it blank or NOT ADD IT AT ALL at my application form? I don't think it can be an issue but more paper could cause some delay, maybe?

5 - Referees
signatures are not exactly readable. Both send me the form with their prsonal signature, but it looks like a doodle... is it a problem?
one of them is Italian and so the passport was not available. That should be fine as the other one gave it. correct if I'm wrong.

6 - Biometric Enrolment
I haven't found any way to get those BRP BEFORE sending the application. Is there anyway to do that or I just have to wait for the Home Office to send me the bar code?

Supporting Documents:
Now you will laugh but, is there a way to tick the documents I have to attach at my application? Somebody told me that they are really picky about this thing! ( I didn't even think about this, but does it make a difference if I just cross the dot near the document name, or underline it, or put a V mark at the right of it?)

Section 3 - Evidence of Lawful residence.
I'm attaching the Passport, but how does it whows any evidence of lawful residence?....

About the payment:
I have the payment leaflet and I filled it.
Do I just place the payment leaflet together with the AN application envelop or is there something more I have to do?
Also, here it states that "if the biometric datas are not provided, then the application will be rejected as invalid". Is it anything I should be worried about?...

I'm going to add, together with the form:
- Passport
- Permanent Residence
- Permanence Residence letter received by HOme Office, together with the PR card.
- P60s from the past 5 years
- A couple of tax returns for my freelancing experiences.

I'm italian and so I can keep both Italian and English citizenship, but do I have to do something in order to RETAIN my birth citizenship?
I heard that in some country you lose it in the very moment you get the english one.

Besides the BRP bar code that I'll have to receive for sure, is there anything else that I should expect on my mail box, before the application is going to be approved?

How much is the average time since the time a person applies, to the time he gets the passport and everything is finally sorted out?
I may have a work opportunity abroad, not too sure for how much time, and I need to get the passport before moving.

Again, thank you for your consideration!
After this, I should be ready to send everything. I can't wait for it!
Cheers!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: AN form questions- points 1.28 - 1.49 - 2.3 and Nationality Checking Service

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 am

Loads of questions, I'll try answer some of them ... have you reviewed all the AN information from gov.uk?
astaron wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 pm
1.28 - mother FULL name and maidens name.
Do they want to know my mother complete name with both my fathers AND her maiden surname, or I should put ONLY my mothers surname?
(does it make any difference?) Mothers current name and maiden name - best not to judge what may or may not be important.

1.49 - Tax reference number:
Where do I find it? Has it other names, like PAYE Reference, and do employees have it, as well as freelancers?
Is it necessary to fill it or it is not that important? Employers PAYE reference on payslip, self-employed the ref you use with the tax office.

2.3 - tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalized.
besides being an odd question, as everything could change by the time I get the citizenship and the passport, if I just write ENGLAND, is it fine? United Kingdom!

4 - Crown service
if it has nothing to do with my application, is it better to just leave it blank or NOT ADD IT AT ALL at my application form? I don't think it can be an issue but more paper could cause some delay, maybe?What is your connection to crown service?

5 - Referees
signatures are not exactly readable. Both send me the form with their prsonal signature, but it looks like a doodle... is it a problem?
one of them is Italian and so the passport was not available. That should be fine as the other one gave it. correct if I'm wrong.signatures are signatures!

6 - Biometric Enrolment
I haven't found any way to get those BRP BEFORE sending the application. Is there anyway to do that or I just have to wait for the Home Office to send me the bar code? you will just do the biometrics once you get the request. You will not receive a BRP.

Supporting Documents:
Now you will laugh but, is there a way to tick the documents I have to attach at my application? Somebody told me that they are really picky about this thing! ( I didn't even think about this, but does it make a difference if I just cross the dot near the document name, or underline it, or put a V mark at the right of it?) not clear what the issue is

Section 3 - Evidence of Lawful residence.
I'm attaching the Passport, but how does it whows any evidence of lawful residence?....It will be your PR card and employment details

About the payment:
I have the payment leaflet and I filled it.
Do I just place the payment leaflet together with the AN application envelop or is there something more I have to do?
Also, here it states that "if the biometric datas are not provided, then the application will be rejected as invalid". Is it anything I should be worried about?...no if you get everything correct.

I'm going to add, together with the form:
- Passport
- Permanent Residence
- Permanence Residence letter received by HOme Office, together with the PR card.
- P60s from the past 5 years
- A couple of tax returns for my freelancing experiences.

I'm italian and so I can keep both Italian and English citizenship, but do I have to do something in order to RETAIN my birth citizenship?
I heard that in some country you lose it in the very moment you get the english one.you will need to ckeck the Italian regulations, normally you don't need to do anything.

Besides the BRP bar code that I'll have to receive for sure, is there anything else that I should expect on my mail box, before the application is going to be approved? maybe request for further info?

How much is the average time since the time a person applies, to the time he gets the passport and everything is finally sorted out?
I may have a work opportunity abroad, not too sure for how much time, and I need to get the passport before moving. check the timelines here - can be anywhere between one month and six months.

Again, thank you for your consideration!
After this, I should be ready to send everything. I can't wait for it!
Cheers!!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

astaron
Newly Registered

Re: AN form questions- points 1.28 - 1.49 - 2.3 and Nationality Checking Service

Post by astaron » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Alterhase58, and thank you for your answer!
I checked the whole AN documents, the one I found on www.gov.uk and everything I was able to find online.
Some questions are really stupid, I know, but when you keep talking with people you hear about issues that sometimes look really weird and I don't wanna leave any reason to refuse my application.

So, about the CROWN SERVICE.
I didn't do anything about the crown service, and my question is:
Is it better to remove the whole section from the document application (it would be completely empty), or it is better to leave it inside of it, even if it is totally empty?
On some form it is better not to add any empty page that does not concerns your personal application.
Maybe that may speed up the process? I don't know.

Supporting documents:
A friend of mine told me that his application was refused because he ticked the documents in a way that the Home Office didn't accepted. I can't believe it was just a matter of graphic marks. Something else may have been his issue, but just to be sure I ask it anyway.
Whats the best way to mark the documents I'm going to attach to the application?
a cross? a "V" sign? is it better to put it at the left of each document, or on the right? Or I just heard another wrong information and this doesn't really matter?

Also, together with the P60s and tax returns form, covering the whole 5 years of time, is it better to attach also some renting contract with the application, as a prove of residence?

I guess you answered all of my questions, and, as I was expecting, some was really a useless paranoid from me.

Thanx again for the help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 am

So, about the CROWN SERVICE.
I didn't do anything about the crown service, and my question is:
Is it better to remove the whole section from the document application (it would be completely empty), or it is better to leave it inside of it, even if it is totally empty?
On some form it is better not to add any empty page that does not concerns your personal application.
Maybe that may speed up the process? I don't know.
You must submit the complete form, even the parts that are NOT relevant to you. You cannot just leave a whole section out. It has no effect of the 'speed up the process'.
Supporting documents:
A friend of mine told me that his application was refused because he ticked the documents in a way that the Home Office didn't accepted. I can't believe it was just a matter of graphic marks. Something else may have been his issue, but just to be sure I ask it anyway.
Whats the best way to mark the documents I'm going to attach to the application?
a cross? a "V" sign? is it better to put it at the left of each document, or on the right? Or I just heard another wrong information and this doesn't really matter?
Your friend is talking nonsense, HO don't refuse applications for grammar or punctuation errors. If you are referring to the checklist of documents in the form, it makes no difference how you tick/v/mark. You don't have to mark each document you submit!!! You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astaron
Newly Registered

Post by astaron » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 am

I'm DEFINITELY overthinking it!!! ^^
This application has been pretty rough, and I saw some really heavy situation, especially during the Life in The UK period.
Thing I wouldn't expect, even some violent one.
Be patient. I'm usually a more rational person! XP

Thank you, CR001!

astaron
Newly Registered

Section 1.5 - 1.6 - Names on the form

Post by astaron » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Guys,
I've read all your answers, and checked the guide about it, but I suspect there could be an error in the guide.

Guide states:
1.5 Enter your surname or family name as you want it to appear on your certificate.
1.6 Enter your other names as you want them to appear on your certificate.
For example, if your name is Taher Mohamed Hashim Al Hassan and you are known as Mr Al Hassan then put Al Hassan in section 1.5 and Taher Mohamed Hashim in section 1.6

Fine for me, if you tell me it is how I have to do, but section 1.6 states:
IF THE NAME STATED ABOVE IS NOT THE NAME YOU USE FOR ALL PURPOSES, STATE:
and then again it asks for both
-- THE SURNAME/ FAMILY NAME THAT YOU USE
-- OTHER NAMES USED

and underneath you have to explain WHY this is different from the name on your passport.

I may be wrong but I guess that, unless you have a particular situation, you should put the Surname/Family name in section 1.5 in the first label: "Surname/ family name.
Then you should put the forename ALWAYS IN LABEL 1.5, at the second label "Other Names", and leave section 1.6 completely empty.

I think the mistake in the guide is that it refers to the correct label, but in the wrong section.
Am I completely wrong, here?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Section 1.5 - 1.6 - Names on the form

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:17 pm

1.5 is your surname/family name as stated. OTHER NAMES is your FIRST/SECOND/THIRD name, as it appears in your passport. These names must match what is in your passport,

1.6 is mostly for woman who change last name when marrying or people who change names by deed poll.

The guidance has NOT been updated. The form has changed as it used to be 1.5 for Surname; 1.6 for Other Names and 1.7 for Other Names you have been known as, i,e maiden name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astaron
Newly Registered

Re: Section 1.5 - 1.6 - Names on the form

Post by astaron » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:32 pm

I see. now it's more like it. I was sure about that, but I was surprized to find another post about it, online.
Thanx a lot, CR001.

astaron
Newly Registered

Citizenship online application_referees forms and photos

Post by astaron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi guys,

It is my understanding that it is not possible to apply for both Citizenship AND Passport at the same time with the paper AN, can you confirm me that, please?
If my information are wrong, can you tell me how to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time, please?

I'm filling the online form for the naturalization, but I see that the Referee for is a little bit different for the paper version.
Do I need a passport photo from my referees, or only 2 photos of myself,signed by me, to be attached on each page of my referees?
Do I, instead, need photos of them for the Passport application?

Thanx so much for your help and time, guys.
Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship online application_referees forms and photos

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 pm

It is my understanding that it is not possible to apply for both Citizenship AND Passport at the same time with the paper AN, can you confirm me that, please?
Correct yes.
If my information are wrong, can you tell me how to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time, please?
Online citizenship form, paper passport form and apply using NDRS.
I'm filling the online form for the naturalization, but I see that the Referee for is a little bit different for the paper version.
Do I need a passport photo from my referees, or only 2 photos of myself,signed by me, to be attached on each page of my referees?
Do I, instead, need photos of them for the Passport application?
Photos are of YOU not the referees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

astaron
Newly Registered

Post by astaron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:46 pm

thanx a lot CR001.
This helps.

I haven't had the occasion to run through the whole passport application process, but because time is really short (next Thursday I have the appointment with NCS), I need to be sure about one thing:

Do I need any referee photo for the Passport Application? or that is not true neither?

Thank you again for your help!
Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Do I need any referee photo for the Passport Application? or that is not true neither?
No!! It is YOUR application and only your photos are required.

Are you using Nationality Checking Service (NCS) or Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

astaron
Newly Registered

Post by astaron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:00 pm

The appointment is actually with NCS, but since I discovered the need to apply via the online application, I'll have to call them and shift the appointment to the NDRS.
Office is the same, so they already told me it should not be a problem if I ask for it as sooner as I can.
Thanx for asking, though. That was actually a good point. I think it is already sorted out, fortunately.
Hopefully I will not have to rearrange the appointment for a later time.

Now, about the online application, I see that I have to submit it before going at the appointment with the NDRS, and that I have 10 days to go to the appointment and send the copies of the documents.
I was thinking about sending and paying for the whole application 1 day earlier, to be sure that money is delivered by the bank.
Is it a good idea or there's something I should be aware about?

Also, a friend of mine suggested me to make a scan of all documents before going to the appointment. This may speed up the process, once I'm there.
Is it a good idea or it is better not to do that at all?