ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI (Minor applicant) experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:

OCI (Minor applicant) experience

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I went to VFS Gosewell road office this afternoon to apply OCI for my 6 months old son. This was the 4th time I was applying an OCI, previously I have done for self, Mrs and 1st kid. Well I thought my supporting documents will be spot on but VFS/HCI surprises me every time I go there.

I am listing what is not mentioned on website.

- You need to fill in section 32 (Date and Place) as minor has placed thumb impression in area meant for signature.
- I had to paste 2nd photo next to thumb impression, again in point 32.
- They were asking copy of last of page parent's OCI too. I didn't carry this but was carrying original OCIs. Lady on counter photo copied for me. I was already carrying copy of front page (OCI) and U sticker.
- They asked me submit original marriage certificate. I surprise inclusion for me. Didn't submit MC when I applied OCI for my 1st son.

Please do not forget to carry two self addressed SD envelopes. Envelopes are NOT listed in list of documents so I was complacent until last light - they are discussed are in OCI collection section.
This morning I bought the envelopes.

If you have any question then I am happy to help.

Cheers!
Rajesh

back2uk2

Re: OCI (Minor applicant) experience

Post by back2uk2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Could you please help me with a few queries.

I am applying for OCI for my minor child. We parents are still on ILR. The documents choice available online that need to be uploaded to site are :-

CURRENT PASSPORT
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE
INDIAN VISA
PIO CARD
SPOUSE OCI CARD

I am not sure which documents need to be uploaded against which head. Also, which document needs to be selected for uploading Indian passport surrender certificate?

Thanks.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:52 am

I uploaded documents which are mandatory, irrespective of options available. They only need scanned copy of important documents. In case of minor, main documents are:
Child's full birth certificate
Marriage Certificate
Parent's ILR (you)
Your Indian passport (you)

I would upload above 4 against different option and chill. Hope this helps.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:56 am

I noticed VFS is charging £1.50 by default for SMS (text) service. I think that is optional and while paying we should ask them to take off as I have email and online to check current status.

I think its a scam to charge 1.50 by default.

Lawrance
Newly Registered

Post by Lawrance » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:31 am

rajesh9pl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:07 pm
Hi all,

I went to VFS Gosewell road office this afternoon to apply OCI for my 6 months old son. This was the 4th time I was applying an OCI, previously I have done for self, Mrs and 1st kid. Well I thought my supporting documents will be spot on but VFS/HCI surprises me every time I go there.

I am listing what is not mentioned on website.

- You need to fill in section 32 (Date and Place) as minor has placed thumb impression in area meant for signature.
- I had to paste 2nd photo next to thumb impression, again in point 32.
- They were asking copy of last of page parent's OCI too. I didn't carry this but was carrying original OCIs. Lady on counter photo copied for me. I was already carrying copy of front page (OCI) and U sticker.
- They asked me submit original marriage certificate. I surprise inclusion for me. Didn't submit MC when I applied OCI for my 1st son.

Please do not forget to carry two self addressed SD envelopes. Envelopes are NOT listed in list of documents so I was complacent until last light - they are discussed are in OCI collection section.
This morning I bought the envelopes.

If you have any question then I am happy to help.

Cheers!
Rajesh
Where I needed to self addressed in the photo copy front or back? And how?

Lawrance
Newly Registered

Post by Lawrance » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:36 am

Please help! !!
I going to apply for my child for oci card. Do I need to do self addressed in all the photo copy? If so what I have to write for self addressed and where and which place I have to write on the paper front or back side. Thanks

Lawrance
Newly Registered

Post by Lawrance » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:53 am

Sorry self -attested