ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My non-EEA Spouse of a British Citizen - Can she travel with me to European countries from UK without Visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cd20

My non-EEA Spouse of a British Citizen - Can she travel with me to European countries from UK without Visa?

Post by cd20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:58 pm

My non-EEA Spouse of a British Citizen - Can she travel with me to Mainland Europe from UK without Visa?

I was looking into something like this "residence card of a family member of a union citizen" but I am still not certain if thats the right option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My non-EEA Spouse of a British Citizen - Can she travel with me to European countries from UK without Visa?

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:01 pm

What nationality is your spouse and do they usually require a schengen visa?

The residence card if an EU citizen is not applicable to your circumstances as you are british and living in the UK.

If your spouse would normally require a visa for Europe, they will need to apply for one if in the UK under the UK immigration rules spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cd20

Re: My non-EEA Spouse of a British Citizen - Can she travel with me to European countries from UK without Visa?

Post by cd20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Yes, she does require a schengen visa. In fact, we always need to pay for that every time hence we are thinking about this route to save some money.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:36 pm

As the spouse of a British citizen, the visa should be issued free of charge.

You cannot apply for an eea/EU family member residence card, it does not apply to you at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cd20

Post by cd20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm

hmmm..... they defo charged us for our schenzen visa. Recently we went to italy and were charged. We went through VFS but there were separate fees. About £20 for VFS and £60 for schenzen visa

cd20

Post by cd20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 pm

found this:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-fee/

but i think that fees for non-EEA countries. Sorry.

I need to find the way to apply for a visa for spouse of a UK National.

Can u share a link so that we can apply correctly this time and save money?

cd20

Post by cd20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

found it!

Just apply directly to the embassy with appropriate options selected. Thanks!