ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it any chance to appeal? refusal due to English language test.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peter_L
Newly Registered

Is it any chance to appeal? refusal due to English language test.

Post by Peter_L » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:37 pm

My wife made an application for leave to remain in the UK after living together in UK over two years. In “refusal” letter is mentioned, she met all eligibilities requirements except English language.
Now we know, that it is obligation to have A2 level of English language, however in the form is mention A1 or higher level, so she has sent her A1 level certificate which is over two years old.
Obviously, it is possible to make appeal (with or without solicitor), but I cannot see on which ground, formally Home office is right.
Could you please give me any piece of advice?
Thanks, Peter

Obie
Ireland

Re: Is it any chance to appeal? refusal due to English language test.

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

is there any child in the United Kingdom?

You can lodge an Appeal on Article 8 grounds. Without the passport how can you do the A2?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Peter_L
Newly Registered

Post by Peter_L » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi Obie,
You are right, now my wife cannot apply for A2 test, because home office keeps her passport.
She has 15 years old daughters, Anna attending a school and next year is very important because of her GCSE exams.
We did not expect refusal at all, my wife has permanent job and we naively thought that if some supporting document of application need revision caseworker will let us know.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 pm

How long has daughter lived in the UK? does you wife have a degree thought in English.

Other option will be to get Home Office to provide a certified copy of passport so the english test can be taken.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Peter_L
Newly Registered

Post by Peter_L » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Obie, many thanks for your advice regarding ground of appeal and information about possibility to get certified copy of passport.
The daughter is in UK two and half years. ( she arrived in 4th of March 2016). My wife has not English degree.
We will have to make appeal up to end of August.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Peter_L
Newly Registered

Post by Peter_L » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 am

Hello vinny, thanks for the information / links, especially regarding case where photocopy of passport could be used for English language tests.
It will take time to arrange test with such of documents, but we will try to do it.
For us the first step has to be to make appeal, without appeal my wife and her daughter have to leave country within next ten days.