ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Erum Siddiqui
Newly Registered

Visit visa

Post by Erum Siddiqui » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:41 am

Hi,

I am pregnant and planning to invite my mother on my delivery but the issue is that we live in a one bedroom apartment so we need to arrange a place for her stay and provide valid documentation for the home office. Now I have 2 options:
Either ask a family friend to write a letter letting my mother live for the time she is here with them (she has a three bedroom house)
Or arranging a short term tenancy agreement for a room for the time my mother will be here (approx 2 months)
Please suggest which option will be better and more acceptable at the UK home office.
Kind regards,
Erum.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Visit visa

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 am

Erum Siddiqui wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:41 am
Hi,

I am pregnant and planning to invite my mother on my delivery but the issue is that we live in a one bedroom apartment so we need to arrange a place for her stay and provide valid documentation for the home office. Now I have 2 options:
Either ask a family friend to write a letter letting my mother live for the time she is here with them (she has a three bedroom house)
Or arranging a short term tenancy agreement for a room for the time my mother will be here (approx 2 months)
Please suggest which option will be better and more acceptable at the UK home office.
Kind regards,
Erum.
Hi,

Whichever option u choose, doesn't make your case stronger. U should be more focus about the documentation of your mother side. Specially her social ties and economic circumstances in her country.