ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G to ILR: underpaid tax due to change of company car and wrong tax code.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JP145
India

T2G to ILR: underpaid tax due to change of company car and wrong tax code.

Post by JP145 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I am on Tier 2 General and receive company car benefit. Due to company car my tax code reduces depends on car o drive and more tax deducted due to benefit in kind. in year 2013-2015 due to change of car i had underpayment of tax which was notified by P800. once it was around 500£ which i paid by cheque. in next year it was 1000£ and they did not consider my payment of 500£ and later accepted it as received after my communication. underpaid tax of 1000£ was collected following year by reducing the tax code.
i had change of car last Sep2017 and hence recently i received notification from HMRC that i had underpaid approx 200£ for 2017-2018 and they reduced my tax code to collect the underpaid tax and i had almost 100£ additional tax deducted on Jul 2018 salary.

i had Tier 2 extension in Jul2016 and it was granted without any question.

Will this past underpayment tax (paid now) and current underpayment of tax will cause issue to my ILR?

Thank you.

Akorotaeva

Re: T2G to ILR: underpaid tax due to change of company car and wrong tax code.

Post by Akorotaeva » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:14 am

No, as there was no deception involved.

JP145
India

Re: T2G to ILR: underpaid tax due to change of company car and wrong tax code.

Post by JP145 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 am

Akorotaeva wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:14 am
No, as there was no deception involved.
Thank you Akorotaeva.

Dear Moderators and other members, any one has such experience or witnesses such cases? kindly request you to thhow some more light on this if possible.