ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefits and Owning a House

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Housing Benefits and Owning a House

Post by RizKCB » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi

I am planning to live in London and want to apply child tax credit and housing benefits. I have a property in Birmingham which is rented out.

Under this condition can i apply housing benefits in London?
Is it legitimate to rent out own property and claiming housing benefits in some other property in different council?

Any helpful answer would be appreciated.

Casa

Re: Housing Benefits and Owning a House

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:30 am

RizKCB wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 pm
Hi

I am planning to live in London and want to apply child tax credit and housing benefits. I have a property in Birmingham which is rented out.

Under this condition can i apply housing benefits in London? NO
Is it legitimate to rent out own property and claiming housing benefits in some other property in different council? NO

Any helpful answer would be appreciated.
Claiming Housing Benefit while owning and renting out another property would be considered as benefit fraud which is a criminal offence. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.