ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Belgian Schengen Visa waiting times

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Russell59

Belgian Schengen Visa waiting times

Post by Russell59 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi All..I am UK Citizen,my wife is Belarus Citizen We are travelling to Belgium on the 27th of this Month to celeberate our wedding anniversary.We submitted Her application for a Belgian Schengen Visa on 28.03.18 and the tracking information tell us that her Documents arrived at the Belgian consulate on 03.04.18 and have been processed,and are awaiting decision from Belgian Consulate.We were told at the Visa centre that the whole process would take 12 -13 days max..now we are in to our 15th day and still no further notifications.I have tried phoning the Belgian Embassy but that in itself is an utter joke in itself as you are always on hold and that is even if you can get through in the first place..E Mails go unanswered...if her visa does not arrive on time can we claim against the Belgian Embassy for preventing our travelling together.We had to book Hotel and Tunnel tickets in advance as proof of our travel and place to stay.Any sensible advice most welcome.Thanks in advance.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Belgian Schengen Visa waiting times

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi! Sorry to hear about your trouble.

EU directive says that they can take up to 15 days to make a decision (I think).
The VAC can take a few days to send your documents and receive them back as well.

If they don't get back to you soon, I guess you can complain to Solvit but you can not make financial claims AFAIK.

Russell59

Post by Russell59 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks for your advice.Well i have certainly learned that the Belgian Embassy here in the UK is certainly not fit for purpose as i have sent them 2 polite e mails regarding my wifes schengen application..so far no reply after 1 week.Everyday this week i have attempted to call their visa dept only to be placed on hold for at least an hour each time,and that is when the visa dept can be bothered to open on time..which it never does.I have lodged a complaint with Solvit and also informed TSl Contact who replied quickly and said that they have contacted the Embassy to find out what is going on..but i am not holding my breath for a fast soloution.Eurotunnel have said that i can use my ticket for another time so at least that is ok,and the Hotel will not charge me for a cancellation.So all in all the lacklustre performance by the Belgian consulate has ruined our Holiday.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:02 am

Any update Russell59?

shumon
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shumon » Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi Russell59,

Finally after how many days you get the visa from Belgium embassy?
I am here in the same situation. your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 am

I might be able to help. It took me exactly one month to get a Schengen Visa from Belgian Consulate.

Russell59

Post by Russell59 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm

My Wifes Schengen took exactly 30 days to Process and issue !!!

Russell59

Post by Russell59 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:13 pm

I am now applying for another schengen Visa for my wife only this time via the postal application route..I went to pay at the online checkout only to find that even though my wife is exempt from Visa charge i have to pay this fee when i check out..i called TSL Contact and was told that the Belgian Embassy would refund me !! the Money that i am paying even though my wife is exempt..is this true ?,or is it simply another money making scheme from TSL

Russell59

Post by Russell59 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:35 pm

Happy to report that Postal Schengen Visa was Issued after 5 Days at Belgian Embassy..seems that that once you have had a previous Visa it is plain sailing if your circumstances have not changed much...in the meantime the wife and myself did visit Belgium for a long Weekend and had no problems with Border Controls on either side of the Tunnel
previous