ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP wait time after succesful appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Re: BRP wait time after succesful appeal

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:18 pm
Whenwillthewaitbover wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am
So I have received a call from my Solicitor that my BRP Card as arrived!! The wait is finally over and I’m overjoyed (solicitor phoned because I called yesterday and ask to phone me when it arrives). I hope that @Minhas23 will receive BRP Card soon!!

I have already started applying for jobs because it surely feels good to now be able to work!! Thank you KingKhan123 for the support you are amazing and I hope you get everything sorted and eventually get your British Citizenship!
Whenwillthewaitbover you wait is FINALLY OVER! I had very positive feeling about your case and I knew it you will get it any time soon now. Now that you have gt your brp card and your visa sorted! Do us all a favour; have a blast pop open them bottles, let the good times flow... and relax sit back give your self a couple of days to catch up with the excitement let it all out scream, jump, run dance enjoy, once your done with all that then come out of your defense mode and start applying for jobs and sort your life out. Again I will appeal to all members on this forum; tell your family and friends about this immigrationboards website, spread the good word and let people have access to all this valuable information that us lot have provided. We may be out of this mess now but there are many that are still in there struggling or have just entered this stressful journey. May all of you get your visas sorted (amen!) whenwillthewaitbover congradualtions once again on your visa/brp card.
Awe thank you so much!!! You have made my day! I definitely will be playing some music, kick back n just relaxwith my family now that the heavy burden is lifted. I already started applying for jobs, and will be taking a vacay to Dominican Republic 2 months from now to release all my stress. I am also happy that I found this forum because I got to meet such lovely people, KingKhan123 big shout out n thanks to you for keeping me sane through all this!

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:40 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:35 pm
Hi all I have decided not to go for an administrative review into my ILR BRP's short expiry date (they gave me a brp that is going to expire in 2.6 years instead of normal ILR brp's which expire after 10 years) the reason is that the amount of friends & family members including my legal team and you (whenwillthewaitbover) :wink: said there is no need for it as I only need 1 year for British citizenship and since I have 2.6 years; it's pointless to go for an administrative review, besides that my research has yield that there are many people getting 6-8-9 years brp cards for their ILR which has to do something with the security features update required now and then as per UKVI protocols. So I have decided to not go for an administrative review and apply for British citizenship after 1 year instead.
Ok all the best!! The years are going by so quickly and soon you will have your Citizenship. No worries 😉

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm

So I have received a call from my Solicitor that my BRP Card as arrived!! The wait is finally over and I’m overjoyed (solicitor phoned because I called yesterday and ask to phone me when it arrives). I hope that @Minhas23 will receive BRP Card soon!!

I have already started applying for jobs because it surely feels good to now be able to work!! Thank you KingKhan123 for the support you are amazing and I hope you get everything sorted and eventually get your British Citizenship!
I collected my card and I was given 5 years

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:32 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm
Updated on my Determination Letter

Appeal Heard 09/07/2019
Decision Received (allowed) 18/07/2019
determination and biometrics letter Received on 10th of August but date on letter is 1st August my Legal rep sent it to me very late but done biometrics same day 10th August 2019

i think im very lucky after appeal Decision everything going very quick :)

Best wishes for everyone
Congratulations l remember reading your story...Glory to God wonderful news....

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:32 pm
minhas23 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm
Updated on my Determination Letter

Appeal Heard 09/07/2019
Decision Received (allowed) 18/07/2019
determination and biometrics letter Received on 10th of August but date on letter is 1st August my Legal rep sent it to me very late but done biometrics same day 10th August 2019

i think im very lucky after appeal Decision everything going very quick :)

Best wishes for everyone
Congratulations l remember reading your story...Glory to God wonderful news....
Thank You so Much

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi just want to ask a quick question as i am waiting for my BRP cards which is most probably next week Because im living in Nass accommodation I've already Received 28 days notice letter as well
Question is
Today Home office Rang me and said they want to book an appointment for me in job Centre next week and i said ok. Is this Normal they normally Call like this or Book appointments ? If anyone help on this will be greatful

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:53 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 pm
Hi just want to ask a quick question as i am waiting for my BRP cards which is most probably next week Because im living in Nass accommodation I've already Received 28 days notice letter as well
Question is
Today Home office Rang me and said they want to book an appointment for me in job Centre next week and i said ok. Is this Normal they normally Call like this or Book appointments ? If anyone help on this will be greatful
Congratulations again Minha23.lam also on Nass.u normally get served 28days after yu received brp.remember u said something about your laywer keeping your letter for 10days.it could be they already sent it..cos for the housing to serve you notice it's because homeoffice have already told them.l seen this from pple who left where l stay...looking forward to moving out too l won my case 2nd of August just waiting for home office for next step..which did they grant you?if u have all the documents try also to go citizen advice bureau they wil help u with the right information

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:52 am

Nikki06 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:53 pm
minhas23 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 pm
Question is
Congratulations again Minha23.lam also on Nass.u normally get served 28days after yu received brp.remember u said something about your laywer keeping your letter for 10days.it could be they already sent it..cos for the housing to serve you notice it's because homeoffice have already told them.l seen this from pple who left where l stay...looking forward to moving out too l won my case 2nd of August just waiting for home office for next step..which did they grant you?if u have all the documents try also to go citizen advice bureau they wil help u with the right information
Hi Nikki Ok thanks a lot wish you good luck too

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Hurry Big news congrats Man ive received a msg from my solicitor too that he received my passport but not BRP which i hope will be soon and Received a call from HO too they were asking about my appointment in job centre but i inquired about brp's and she said they are posted yesterday so lets Enjoy the excitment lol
i had few job offers in past and ill try to get back to them if they still need

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:07 am

Yeaaah so happy for you!!! You will receive it soon I know it! Yh I’m here looking for work also even though I will be travelling sn. Let us know when u receive the good news that it has arrived. N all the best in your job hunt.

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Congratulations wonderful news indeed....l knw the feeling.lam also waiting won my case 2 of August...fingers crossed home office send my Brp so l can start looking for jobs.wil be out of Nass accommodation too

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:42 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Hurry Big news congrats Man ive received a msg from my solicitor too that he received my passport but not BRP which i hope will be soon and Received a call from HO too they were asking about my appointment in job centre but i inquired about brp's and she said they are posted yesterday so lets Enjoy the excitment lol
Hello Minhas23 how did u get homeoffice to call...did u cal them first enquiring or u jus waited for them.won my case Judge sent determation letter on the 2nd of August my solicitor.havent received anytging yet from homeoffice.jus enquiring weather to l should call or it's jus a waiting game

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Congratulations wonderful news indeed....l knw the feeling.lam also waiting won my case 2 of August...fingers crossed home office send my Brp so l can start looking for jobs.wil be out of Nass accommodation too
Thank you Nikki, now it’s time for you to wait and try to remain patient( at times I wasn’t because my life was on hold, I couldn’t work, I had to sign on every other week at HO it was such a nightmare) it can be tough but stay positive, and remind yourself it will all be over soon, also try to distract yourself as much as possible and I know this all too well that your mind will still ponder about your situation but try not to overthink it or you will stress yourself out and maybe others around you and don’t forget to pray about your situation, beg God to help you to stay resilient and to remain steadfast, the wait won’t be too long now.

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:42 pm
minhas23 wrote:

Hello Minhas23 how did u get homeoffice to call...did u cal them first enquiring or u jus waited for them.won my case Judge sent determation letter on the 2nd of August my solicitor.havent received anytging yet from homeoffice.jus enquiring weather to l should call or it's jus a waiting game
My advice to you would be not to call them, sometime being too eager can reap the wrong set of rewards, I went to court on May 14 didn’t hear from the judge until July 5 (that’s when my lawyer called me to say the letter had arrived, it was dated the 2nd July). 2 weeks after the home office wrote me to provide them with my bank details to return the fee. On the 25 my fee was rewarded and my lawyer had received a letter which he had not told me about until I called him. That was the letter to say they will not be appealing the case. Another 2 weeks after, again I had to contact my lawyer and ask if anything had been sent which he told me my passport had been sent back with a letter (this was to update me that the BRP has been sent and to wait 10 days) The letter was dated the 13th August. On the 21st my lawyer phoned to say the card had arrived. I believe everything happened quite quickly for me but everyone case is different and sometimes the HO can be negligent when dealing with matters, Just wait, don’t call and give yourself any headaches. You will receive it even if it takes a little more time than others mentioned here on the forum, besides you just went to court a few weeks ago so I am sure you will here from them eventually. All the best!! N do update us 🙂🤗

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:12 pm
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

My advice to you would be not to call them, sometime being too eager can reap the wrong set of rewards, I went to court on May 14 didn’t hear from the judge until July 5 (that’s when my lawyer called me to say the letter had arrived, it was dated the 2nd July). 2 weeks after the home office wrote me to provide them with my bank details to return the fee. On the 25 my fee was rewarded and my lawyer had received a letter which he had not told me about until I called him. That was the letter to say they will not be appealing the case. Another 2 weeks after, again I had to contact my lawyer and ask if anything had been sent which he told me my passport had been sent back with a letter (this was to update me that the BRP has been sent and to wait 10 days) The letter was dated the 13th August. On the 21st my lawyer phoned to say the card had arrived. I believe everything happened quite quickly for me but everyone case is different and sometimes the HO can be negligent when dealing with matters, Just wait, don’t call and give yourself any headaches. You will receive it even if it takes a little more time than others mentioned here on the forum, besides you just went to court a few weeks ago so I am sure you will here from them eventually. All the best!! N do update us 🙂🤗
Thank u very much for your advice...lam going to be n jus carry w my every day activities.been on Nass since 2010....applied for my son seven year rule last year.its been a rollercoster guess the hard part is over....wil jus wait to hear from my solicitor.coz the only letter we received was from Judge dated 2nd of August n we had gone to court on the 26june....wil be jus patient w my God like u hav said...l wil keep on praying..lam so happy for you and everyone who finally got ther freedom.cant wait for mine..God has taken me this far,taking a deep breath and stay calm...keep my faith high...since the day they told us we won..been looking forward holding the brp card...thank u again for the kind n uplifting words.

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

Read you got 5years.some get 2n a half..and they also get conditions on public funds....lam praying for more years too.were u in a private renting or nass

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:45 am

Nikki06 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:58 pm
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

Thank u very much for your advice...lam going to be n jus carry w my every day activities.been on Nass since 2010....applied for my son seven year rule last year.its been a rollercoster guess the hard part is over....wil jus wait to hear from my solicitor.coz the only letter we received was from Judge dated 2nd of August n we had gone to court on the 26june....wil be jus patient w my God like u hav said...l wil keep on praying..lam so happy for you and everyone who finally got ther freedom.cant wait for mine..God has taken me this far,taking a deep breath and stay calm...keep my faith high...since the day they told us we won..been looking forward holding the brp card...thank u again for the kind n uplifting words.
You are most welcome! It’s great a forum like this exist because it really helps us to keep persevering, just reading similar situations like ours it is very comforting. Yup the worst is over, keep a positive outlook.

Whenwillthewaitbover
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Whenwillthewaitbover » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:05 pm
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

Read you got 5years.some get 2n a half..and they also get conditions on public funds....lam praying for more years too.were u in a private renting or nass
Yes I got 5 years because of my EU partner, those that get 2 years or 2.5 have different cases, don’t worry too much luv what’s great is just knowing that we get leave to remain whether it’s 1 yr 2 yr or 6 months, it puts our mind at ease because now we can work, travel etc..
I didn’t see anything about public funds but I believe I would have access due to my partner (but not interested in that just excited I can work) and even if I don’t get public funds, it is not a requirement for me.
I am sorry I don’t know what Nass is.. Usually your lawyer will be able to tell you how much years you could receive based on your case, I know HO usually gives 2.5 years of leave to remain and when that expires another 2.5 years is given if accepted and then the person can apply for ILR.

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:

Hi
No i didn't call them i was waiting and i think with in two weeks Received Biometric and Determination letter from Solicitor than and after Biometrics done a week later Received a call from HO they asked me if im available for next week because they wanted to book an appointment with Job centre thats all

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm

UPDATE
Algamdullilah Received My BRP today
Thank You everyone here and wish you all Very Good Luck

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm
UPDATE
Congrats yu are free..such amazing news....so happy for u..my solicitor jus told me she received our implementation letter from homeoffice.feeling excited do.she said next thing is going to be brp not sure about the tym

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 pm
minhas23 wrote:
UPDATE
Congrats yu are free..such amazing news....so happy for u..my solicitor jus told me she received our implementation letter from homeoffice.feeling excited do.she said next thing is going to be brp not sure about the tym
Thank you so much Nikki and Congrats to you too new world waiting for you lol i think you will get your BRP very soon its look like things are faster now at HO my whole process is Done with in a month after court decision again best Regards
and Good luck

Nikki06

Post by Nikki06 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 am

minhas23 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:57 pm
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:
UPDATE
Thank you so much Nikki and Congrats to you too new world waiting for you lol i think you will get your BRP very soon its look like things are faster now at HO my whole process is Done with in a month after court decision again best Regards
and Good luck
I know the feeling looking forward to it.lam praying for everything 2 b done within a.mnth too...probably wil be out of Nass after my Brp.how many years where u granted.

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:34 am

Nikki06 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 am
minhas23 wrote:
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:
UPDATE
and Good luck
I know the feeling looking forward to it.lam praying for everything 2 b done within a.mnth too...probably wil be out of Nass after my Brp.how many years where u granted.
its two and half year got letter from nass today giving 28 days notice for house and cash support . you are on nass support as well so they will do this process very fast thats what i felt at my side

larryjay90
Newly Registered

Post by larryjay90 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Nikki06 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 am
minhas23 wrote:
Nikki06 wrote:
minhas23 wrote:
UPDATE
and Good luck
@Nikki06, was your appeal on reserve list? Because i read on one of your posts that your hearing was heard later in the afternoon, and one more thing, did your son pay for appeal separately or was he under your application as dependent?
Did you go to the hearing with your son? If yes, was he allowed into the court room?
Thanks so much