ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by Aslamaria » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 am

MrAli wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 am
I didn’t receive any email from ukvi , but the passport has been sent to the courier, and I still waiting it. I’m very worried. I hope to receive my passport soon with the visa on it
Let's hope for the best.. keep the forum posted. It's gotten very quiet.. I wonder where everyone is.

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aslamaria » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 am

thathzz wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm
My time line,

Online application - 11th August.
biometric + intw - 13th August.

Until now no any update. So I think I have to wait for a long time to get my passport back, with hopefully visa on it. My course Starting date is 17th Sep. :|
You will soon receive an email from UKVI to acknowledge that your application has been received and will be processed in due time. The waiting period can get daunting. Don't let it get to you and hope for the best..

jayanadj
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayanadj » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:09 am

thathzz wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:02 pm
MrAli wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am
Today i found a tick on passport returned, but no tick on decision made and no tick on ready to collection.
What does this mean ?
From where u found a tick? is there any web link to track my application?. I'm worried. I didn't find anything like that.
Hi , You cant track your visa application if you applied it from SL. The only way is to call them which will cost you £ 1.37 per minute + the IDD charges. Basically if this is your first time applying for a Tier 4 Visa, it will take 15-30 working days. (It will definitely come in 15 working days if you applied throught the priority service. All you got to do is wait. I dnt think you get emails from the Entry clearance office in Sheffield ( I didnt get anything like that ) but, you will get a SMS (if you opted for SMS service in VFS ) or an email by the VFS colombo saying that your passport has arrived.

jayanadj
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayanadj » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:09 am

jayanadj wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:09 am
thathzz wrote:
MrAli wrote:
Today i found a tick on passport returned, but no tick on decision made and no tick on ready to collection.
What does this mean ?
From where u found a tick? is there any web link to track my application?. I'm worried. I didn't find anything like that.
Hi , You cant track your visa application if you applied it from SL. The only way is to call them which will cost you £ 1.37 per minute + the IDD charges. Basically if this is your first time applying for a Tier 4 Visa, it will take 15-30 working days. (It will definitely come in 15 working days if you applied through the priority service. All you got to do is wait. I dnt think you get emails from the Entry clearance office in Sheffield ( I didnt get anything like that ) but, you will get a SMS (if you opted for SMS service in VFS ) or an email by the VFS colombo saying that your passport has arrived.

thathzz
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by thathzz » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:34 am

jayanadj wrote:
jayanadj wrote:
thathzz wrote:
MrAli wrote:
What does this mean ?
Hi , You cant track your visa application if you applied it from SL. The only way is to call them which will cost you £ 1.37 per minute + the IDD charges. Basically if this is your first time applying for a Tier 4 Visa, it will take 15-30 working days. (It will definitely come in 15 working days if you applied through the priority service. All you got to do is wait. I dnt think you get emails from the Entry clearance office in Sheffield ( I didnt get anything like that ) but, you will get a SMS (if you opted for SMS service in VFS ) or an email by the VFS colombo saying that your passport has arrived.
Thank you. Your answer is really helpful as you are a Sri Lankan. BTW, How long did you wait to get the passport back??

jayanadj
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayanadj » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am

thathzz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:34 am
jayanadj wrote:
jayanadj wrote:
thathzz wrote:

Thank you. Your answer is really helpful as you are a Sri Lankan. BTW, How long did you wait to get the passport back??
It took me 15 working days to get the visa when I applied Tier 4 in last year.. This time I got it within 4 working days.. both instances were on priority service.. Last year I went for the Foundation year and this year Im going for the degree... (In the same uni ) I guess they were less suspicious when u apply for the second time ..

whosmylam
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by whosmylam » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am

bunni wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:11 am
Hi all, just thought I'd share my timeline in case anyone could benefit from it.

Standard service
29 July: Online application
31 July: Biometric appointment
16 August: Collected passport with visa sticker

I checked and my visa was issued on the 13th of August, so my application took 10 working days. I rang UKIV (on the £1.37/min line) on the 14th, was told it was being processed. Rang again on the 15th, was told a decision had been made. I did not receive any email telling me that a decision had been made or that my passport was ready for collection. I went down to VFS because I was growing too impatient. So don't worry if you've had no contact, if sufficient time has passed, maybe just head down to VFS to check. There were quite a few people in the Singapore VFS centre that were doing the same thing!
hi bunni, how did you check to see if your visa has been issued already? is there a website to check the status of the visa application? because i cannot seem to find it. thank you

MrAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by MrAli » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 am

Woow , i just received my passport with the visa on it ... I am very relieved right now

My timeline
Biometric & interview: 19th/july
Email from Ukvi documents received: 24th july
Email from Sheffield that visa will take longer than 15 days : 6th August
Second interview: 10th August
Desicion made : 13th August
20th August received my passport with visa vignette

Good luck for all applicants :D :D

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 am

MrAli wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 am
Woow , i just received my passport with the visa on it ... I am very relieved right now

My timeline

haha finally! More fear than harm..congrats :D

MrAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by MrAli » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:39 pm

wikki wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 am
MrAli wrote:

My timeline

haha finally! More fear than harm..congrats :D

Haha , thank you

thathzz
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by thathzz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:42 pm

MrAli wrote:

My timeline

Congratulations buddy. :D

bunni
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by bunni » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm

whosmylam wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am
bunni wrote:
Hi all, just thought I'd share my timeline in case anyone could benefit from it.

Standard service

I checked and my visa was issued on the 13th of August, so my application took 10 working days. I rang UKIV (on the £1.37/min line) on the 14th, was told it was being processed. Rang again on the 15th, was told a decision had been made. I did not receive any email telling me that a decision had been made or that my passport was ready for collection. I went down to VFS because I was growing too impatient. So don't worry if you've had no contact, if sufficient time has passed, maybe just head down to VFS to check. There were quite a few people in the Singapore VFS centre that were doing the same thing!
hi bunni, how did you check to see if your visa has been issued already? is there a website to check the status of the visa application? because i cannot seem to find it. thank you
Uhm there's no specific website. I rang the UKIV number, but you can just go down to VFS at Cecil Street if it's been enough days (say 10 working days).

maurafn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by maurafn » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi,

I am American living in Israel. I have my appointment tomorrow in Tel Aviv. I wasn't able to get in sooner because of personal reasons. I didn't pay for the premium service, since I had just enough to cover the visa application. Fingers crossed I get lucky and the process doesn't get too drawn out. I am going to attend at Sheffield University.

whosmylam
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by whosmylam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 am

bunni wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm
whosmylam wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am
bunni wrote:

Standard service

Uhm there's no specific website. I rang the UKIV number, but you can just go down to VFS at Cecil Street if it's been enough days (say 10 working days).
thank you for the reply. i will look into that! with regards to the phone call, how long was the duration? quite expensive per minute ya HAHA

Esther268
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by Esther268 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm

I recently contacted my college and there are yet to get back to me but I also contacted the ukvi and they took my information and told me a Home and office officer will reply to me with in the course of the next 15 days but I also told them my semester is going to commence soon and my visa has been taking more than a month not to be resolved so I dont know what to do because my course start the 11 of September and I'm hoping I'll receive it before September starts .

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky7777 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:00 pm
Hello sharing my timeline!
2 Aug- Gave Biometrics in New Delhi!
Received a text message same day.
After that no communication from VFS side- No email/message.
My interview went really well. And my academics are very strong too, but i am still worried as 15th working day is approaching.
Anyone has any experience with processing times from New Delhi centre?
Finally got my visa today! So happy that the waiting time is over!
My timeline- New Delhi centre
2 Aug- Biometrics and interview
17 aug- Paid for email service and asked about the status
Got a Standard reply that my application is being considered.
Again emailed them on 20 Aug and exact same reply ( CTRL+C - CTRL + V) .
21st Aug-11:00 am received mail that a decision has been made and vfs will contact me!
2 pm- Received message from vfs for passport collection
5 pm - Took my documents and was relieved to see visa stamp on it

vchoe
Newly Registered
Belize

Post by vchoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi All,

It seems as though many of us are going through this horrific waiting game :shock:! It's really been such a mission applying for a Tier 4 visa. I had to travel all the way to Panama City to do my Biometrics, return to my home country, then mail out my passport within 5 business days to Bogota, Colombia.
My course starts September 17th and I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision or the status on my passport being couriered back to me to my home country.

This is my timeline so far:
Aug 1: Biometrics (No Interview Conducted)
Aug 2: Email received from Sheffield that application has been received
Aug 14: Called UKVI - "Application still under review"
Aug 20: Called UKVi- "Decision has been made" ; However, I have not received any email stating this.

As of now, I am still waiting. Reading these threads have provided me with some peace of mind. I wish everyone the best of luck!

vchoe
Newly Registered
Belize

Post by vchoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Esther268 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm
I recently contacted my college and there are yet to get back to me but I also contacted the ukvi and they took my information and told me a Home and office officer will reply to me with in the course of the next 15 days but I also told them my semester is going to commence soon and my visa has been taking more than a month not to be resolved so I dont know what to do because my course start the 11 of September and I'm hoping I'll receive it before September starts .
Hi Esther, I'm from Belize! I also just escalated my case with UKVI and was also told that it would take 15 working days to receive a response from Home Office. I hope that we receive a notification about our visa application status even before the Home Office. Best of luck!

vchoe
Newly Registered
Belize

Post by vchoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 pm

vchoe wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 pm
Hi All,

It seems as though many of us are going through this horrific waiting game :shock:! It's really been such a mission applying for a Tier 4 visa. I had to travel all the way to Panama City to do my Biometrics, return to my home country, then mail out my passport within 5 business days to Bogota, Colombia.
My course starts September 17th and I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision or the status on my passport being couriered back to me to my home country.

This is my timeline so far:
Aug 1: Biometrics (No Interview Conducted)
Aug 2: Email received from Sheffield that application has been received
Aug 14: Called UKVI - "Application still under review"
Aug 20: Called UKVi- "Decision has been made" ; However, I have not received any email stating this.

As of now, I am still waiting. Reading these threads have provided me with some peace of mind. I wish everyone the best of luck!

I forgot to mention that I paid PRIORITY Service for my application! :?

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 am

vchoe wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm
Esther268 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm
Hi Esther, I'm from Belize! I also just escalated my case with UKVI and was also told that it would take 15 working days to receive a response from Home Office. I hope that we receive a notification about our visa application status even before the Home Office. Best of luck!
In my opinion, it would have been better to just wait for your passport given that UKVI already confirmed through your call that a decision has been made. This is peak season for visa applications so it is likely that normal processing times won't/can't be respected.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am

Hi guys. If you're still waiting for your visa application outcome, exercise lots of patience...I know it is not easy but this is peak season for visa applications so it is likely that normal processing times won't/can't be respected and you also have to consider the time for your passport to be sent back to your country.

ka97
Newly Registered
India

Post by ka97 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 am

Hi everyone, here is my timeline:

Priority Application
Biometrics + interview: 16th August - Application forwarded to UKVI same day
Decision made by UKVI email: 20th August
Passport delivered by courier: 22nd August: Entry clearance granted ! :)

It's amazing I got my visa so fast, even though I paid for priority. When I saw that a decision was made on the 2nd working day, I was initially frightened.

Best of luck to other applicants in suspense! the wait is worth it :D

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:48 pm

ka97 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 am
Hi everyone, here is my timeline:

Priority Application
Biometrics + interview: 16th August - Application forwarded to UKVI same day
Decision made by UKVI email: 20th August
Passport delivered by courier: 22nd August: Entry clearance granted ! :)

It's amazing I got my visa so fast, even though I paid for priority. When I saw that a decision was made on the 2nd working day, I was initially frightened.

Best of luck to other applicants in suspense! the wait is worth it :D
Hi which city vfs centre did you apply? And did you get "application received at Decision making centre" email along with other emails? Thank you

ka97
Newly Registered
India

Post by ka97 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:11 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:48 pm
ka97 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 am
Hi which city vfs centre did you apply? And did you get "application received at Decision making centre" email along with other emails? Thank you
I applied from Mumbai- the northern one.
I only got one email: from UKVI saying decision made.
No other emails.

wildprincessx
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wildprincessx » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi all! What does it mean when the CAS status changes to 'used'? I checked my school portal and saw that my status has changed to 'used' instead of 'assigned'. I am a bit nervous as I just submitted my application yesterday! Does this mean a rejection?