ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Refusal after 15months(not good character)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

macdre55
Ireland

Citizenship Refusal after 15months(not good character)

Post by macdre55 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 pm

hi guys,

Finally am no longer in the limbo again,i was in asylum and this again.
They refused me because i did not disclose an incident not an offence or any crime.
I have never faced any judge therefore am not a good character.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Refusal after 15months(not good character)

Post by max307 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Unfortunately that's common these days and the Department of Justice and Equality are enforcing it on applicants that do not disclose issues or have negative background in the state.

I do feel sorry for you but at the same time it was your mistake to not disclose that information, in this instance always pays off to be honest and upfront about any issues.

My best advise is to not reapply straight away because it will be a waste of money and effort. Make sure you have a clean record from now on, stay out of a trouble for a few years and reapply. Try to add a letter of remorse to your new application and maybe some letters from references that can prove your good character since the last application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Is there any chance that you could share with us what was the incident or event?

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm

max307 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:01 pm
Unfortunately that's common these days and the Department of Justice and Equality are enforcing it on applicants that do not disclose issues or have negative background in the state.

I do feel sorry for you but at the same time it was your mistake to not disclose that information, in this instance always pays off to be honest and upfront about any issues.

My best advise is to not reapply straight away because it will be a waste of money and effort. Make sure you have a clean record from now on, stay out of a trouble for a few years and reapply. Try to add a letter of remorse to your new application and maybe some letters from references that can prove your good character since the last application.

Max,
Can I ask you a question? Actually more an opinion.
Once I bought new car, I took the car from seller to my house but my bad luck that on the way police caught me. I explained the police officer. He understood my but they tow away my car, in same day I arranged a new insurance and took my car back but no fine or court or anything happened.

When I applied to citizenship I took a professional help and the person told me that if there is no need to put this incident as no fine or ticket was given for that.

Now after our friend's bad news I worries too.
What do you think about this?
I applied in August 2017

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 pm

macdre55 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 pm
hi guys,

They refused me because i did not disclose an incident not an offence or any crime.
Can you please share with us what was the main reason to refused you application
What was the main objection
Thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:54 pm

very sorry to here this man.

please tell us what was the incident so people in similar cases can disclose and dont go through the heartache your facing

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 am

Statusquo73 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm
max307 wrote:

Max,
Once I bought new car, I took the car from seller to my house but my bad luck that on the way police caught me. I explained the police officer. He understood my but they tow away my car, in same day I arranged a new insurance and took my car back but no fine or court or anything happened.

When I applied to citizenship I took a professional help and the person told me that if there is no need to put this incident as no fine or ticket was given for that.

I applied in August 2017
If you didn’t get any penalty points on your driving license, any fine or had to appear before a judge I would assume that there is nothing to worry about but that’s my own opinion.

If you want peace of mind you can always make a request to An Garda Síochána under the Freedom of Information Act to release any information they have about you.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the delay, they have a huge backlog at the moment so delays are normal these days.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 am

max307 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 am
Statusquo73 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm
max307 wrote:

Max,

I applied in August 2017
If you didn’t get any penalty points on your driving license, any fine or had to appear before a judge I would assume that there is nothing to worry about but that’s my own opinion.

If you want peace of mind you can always make a request to An Garda Síochána under the Freedom of Information Act to release any information they have about you.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the delay, they have a huge backlog at the moment so delays are normal these days.

I used to be fined once for LUAS as my ticket got lost, there was a letter issued to my address, it was during my student visa period, fine paid, nothing further more... not sure if this is necessary to disclose?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:09 am

Can members please respect that this is user 'macdre55' topic asking for advice on their refusal and not a general 'I had xxx should I disclose' topic. Please if you have queries regarding your own naturalisation application or any concerns, post in your own topic.

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:31 am

macdre55 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 pm
hi guys,

I do feel really sorry about your refusal
If you don’t mind Can you please share with us what was the main reason to refused your application
What was the main objection
Thanks

macdre55
Ireland

Post by macdre55 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks for your consern ladies and gentlemen.
REASON:

My son was playing on bacony alone in 2016 and i was in the house and my neighbour called Gardas.
Gardas came and i open the door.The gardas reported it as child negligence.
I see kids raiding horses on motorway.Its fine

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:58 pm

macdre55 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 pm
REASON:

My son was playing on bacony alone in 2016 and i was in the house and my neighbour called Gardas.
I do feel very sorry for you. I can't say for others but my parents had done that a lot and it was very common (at least back then). I'm not gonna say this is a safe thing to do, but I wouldn't have thought to include this 'incident' if there was no fine or warning order or faced any judge etc.

Try to have a letter of remorse and clarify that this is a one-off and it never happened again. Good luck to you.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm

macdre55 wrote:
REASON:

Did you confirm with An Garda Síochána if they reported child neglect to TUSLA?

Even if it sounds like a harmless action from you, TUSLA take these cases very seriously and that's why your record came up when the Department of Justice and Equality were doing their inquiries.

I would suggest to try to get to the bottom of this so it won't keep haunting you every single time. I don't know if there is a way to clean a child neglect record, probably best to get some legal help at this point.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:43 pm

macdre55 wrote:
REASON:

Man, this is ridiculous. They are just looking any reason to reject citizenship.
I am sorry for you.
I think you should listen max's advise.
Good luck anyway

gacha0510
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gacha0510 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:55 pm

macdre55 wrote:
REASON:

Hi, can i please ask if this happened in Cabinteely area?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:15 pm

if garda came to you and reported child neglect then on your application you should have tick yes to the box of question 11.7 and provide details
where it says
11.7 Are you, or have you been, the subject of an investigation in Ireland by AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA (Irish Police), including where you were not charged with any offence? Give details below.

garda coming to your house following a complain is in fact an investigation of which you were never charged with any offense