ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Advice needed

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:11 am

I need urgent advice

I have just booked for an NCS service for the 29th of this month :D . However, my wife and I have small man and woman problem and she now seized and hid her passport. I have told her that I will be needing this in 3 days time but she is adamant I won't be getting it :(

1. I have already put on the form that we are still married. Can I change this and leave it blank? Will it affect my application? :shock: will they check if we are still married?

2. Also I have started making online application but decided to go for NCS. Will I be able to get back all my documents after using the service same day :? Will anything that I put on the online application matter since I won't be using it anymore.

Thanks .

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Re: Advice needed

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:35 am

Hello guys.. Any chance of getting a reply on this?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:32 am

1. Are you still married legally? Then you have to disclose it. It will not affect your application as such, as an individual applicant. However, are you applying as the spouse of a British citizen (3 year residency)?
2. Yes documents will be returned at the appointment - if you don't submit your online application then it will not be considered.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Klarae » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 am

You need her passport if applying as the Spouse of a British citizen route. Is this something that you can resolve amicably. I would suggest handling your family issue then applying when you have her passport to avoid refusal and waste of money

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 am

Klarae wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 am
You need her passport if applying as the Spouse of a British citizen route. Is this something that you can resolve amicably. I would suggest handling your family issue then applying when you have her passport to avoid refusal and waste of money
Yes I am applying as a spouse of a British Citizen. On a 5 year route...

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:04 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:32 am
1. Are you still married legally? Then you have to disclose it. It will not affect your application as such, as an individual applicant.

Thanks. I will definitely be using the form as I have already disclosed this

However, are you applying as the spouse of a British citizen (3 year residency)?
Yes spouse of a British citizen on a 5 year route. Got married in July 2012

2. Yes documents will be returned at the appointment - if you don't submit your online application then it will not be considered.

Thanks
Can I also make Passport Application through NCS?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:06 am

Chisomekwu wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:04 am
alterhase58 wrote:
1. Are you still married legally? Then you have to disclose it. It will not affect your application as such, as an individual applicant.

However, are you applying as the spouse of a British citizen (3 year residency)?

Thanks

Thanks
No. If you want to apply for citizenship and passport jointly, you must apply online for form AN and paper passport form and make an appointment with NDRS (Nationality Document Return Service) and not NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:06 am
Chisomekwu wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks
No. If you want to apply for citizenship and passport jointly, you must apply online for form AN and paper passport form and make an appointment with NDRS (Nationality Document Return Service) and not NCS.
Thanks for your reply. Suppose I want to apply using NDRS, on the guidance note, one of the supporting document is my dad's birth certificate or his registration certificate to my mum. Where am I gonna get this from? Both parents are late and I have no clue where this is 😳😳😳

I am able to provide my 3 Nigeria passports which has the visa which I entered UK with.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:45 am

one of the supporting document is my dad's birth certificate or his registration certificate to my mum. Where am I gonna get this from? Both parents are late and I have no clue where this is
Not relevant if you don't have British parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:45 am
one of the supporting document is my dad's birth certificate or his registration certificate to my mum. Where am I gonna get this from? Both parents are late and I have no clue where this is
Not relevant if you don't have British parents.
Thank you. Mind at rest now. I will defo go for NDRS..

UK_Tier1

Post by UK_Tier1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks
Passport application at the time of your appointment can only be made if you apply online ANDare going to use the Nationality Document Return Services + Joint Citizenship Application. I.e., the NDRS + JCAP.