ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner/Spouse Visa to Oz - does it really take a year?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dickdemarge
Newly Registered

Partner/Spouse Visa to Oz - does it really take a year?

Post by dickdemarge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 pm

HI...I'm an Australian, and have been living in in the UK for 10 years or so. Been married to my British wife for 4 years, we've two sons who already have Australian citizenship by descent.

I've just been offered a job to go back to Australia, but have just come across the process for getting my wife a visa for us to all move as a family, and in addition to it costing A$7K, and being a drawn out process...its suggesting that waiting times are in excess of 12 months. Is this for real?

SO if my job offer wants me to start by the end of the year, basically i cant move my family over with me? There must be some sort of interim measure?

Sukhwinder Singh
Newly Registered

Re: Partner/Spouse Visa to Oz - does it really take a year?

Post by Sukhwinder Singh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:26 am

Yes it has process time but process time varies with the region that is just make sure you are aware from where you are applying and which region is best.

Thanks

Sukhwinder

JoyH
Newly Registered
India

Re: Partner/Spouse Visa to Oz - does it really take a year?

Post by JoyH » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi,

Will getting an agent to file my Partner visa application help speed up the process? I am currently living in Uk but I am thinking of hiring an agent in Aus.

Would this help my chances?

Thanks