ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 lost BRP, voided visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AmIGoingBackToUni
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 4 lost BRP, voided visa?

Post by AmIGoingBackToUni » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 am

Hi! I've lost my brp while cycling in Europe and managed to return to UK through st pancras without it, left again to portugal (on same day) and reentered for the second time without one. I'm back at home in HK now and have applied for replacement brp Visa but am getting more and more worried by the day thinking that my tier 4 visa has been voided by the 2 entries without my brp (I've been stamped in as a visitor and the second boarder control lady even asked if I used to be a student...) What is the best course of action now? my brp replacement visa appointment is actually today but is that what I need or a new tier 4? Super worried because uni is starting pretty soon this will be cutting it close :(

vinny

Re: Tier 4 lost BRP, voided visa?

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:46 am

Why didn't you get a replacement BRP sorted out in the UK, before going to Hong Kong? You had two chances!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmIGoingBackToUni
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmIGoingBackToUni » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:14 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:46 am
Why didn't you get a replacement BRP sorted out in the UK, before going to Hong Kong? You had two chances!
because I had to leave on the same day for both instances (flights were booked) and I wasn't aware of the magnitude of losing a brp :( is this recoverable?

AmIGoingBackToUni
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmIGoingBackToUni » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:25 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:46 am
I had to leave within 2 hours of arriving back in UK for both instances! :( flights were booked and all.. both times they let me in but stamped me with a visitor stamp which wasnt a subject of concern until i looked around on the internet and every post was like 'Don't let them stamp you as a visitor' Is there a way to recover from this, should I even be getting a replacement brp VISA? and how do I even check if my tier 4 is still valid? I managed to enroll into third year of uni just yesterday so they're not informed?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 am

AmIGoingBackToUni wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 am
my brp replacement visa appointment is actually today but is that what I need or a new tier 4? Super worried because uni is starting pretty soon this will be cutting it close :(
Your Tier 4 leave was indeed cancelled when you entered as a visitor the first time, so there is no BRP to replace. You now need to do a new Tier 4 application from scratch, with a new CAS. I advise speaking to your Tier 4 sponsor urgently, although today is Bank Holiday Monday so there will be no-one there until tomorrow.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.