ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boing
Newly Registered
Thailand

Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

Post by boing » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:52 am

Anyone out there have any suggestions or advice.

I fear this might be a potential refusal over a minor mistake. Although I meet the minimum cash savings of at least 6 months prior to the application date of 20 August, I have not provided statement evidence of holding this 62.500 minimum for a period of at least 6 months. The shortfall is effectively one day with statement evidence of the relevant balances from 6 February to 4 August (the 5th was a Sunday so unable anyway to request a statement on this day as the building society call centre would be closed) and the next day of the 6th would be cutting it fine to get the statement in time before flight departure. The total balances at the time of application and as evidenced on the statements was over 70,000 GBP.

I was too focused on the 6 months prior to the application date and making sure I got printed statements posted in time before I returned from the UK to Thailand the following weekend and also ensuring they would not be older than 28 days. The third aspect as detailed above got overlooked somewhat as the guidance notes don't make it entirely clear when I was completing the application forms.

Is there any possibility in the present circumstances of the ECO giving me a chance to submit an updated statement rather than hit the refusal button?

Edwardo
Mood:

Re: Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

Post by Edwardo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 am

They are not supposed to refuse visas anymore just because a few pieces of paper are missing.This is in their own explanation of the law, I can remember downloading it.

They should let you explain if need be. If it does cause you sleepless nights you can always send another statement as it makes you look helpful.

While we never can tell as everyone is different, like you we went down the savings route and expected this to be the easiest and most trouble free process. But no, on day 59 we were told it is not straightforward and now we are on day 107!!!

Hope you get a better deal but just to prepare you. Or did you pay priority? (If you did they should likewise quickly let you know if more papers are needed)

boing
Newly Registered
Thailand

Re: Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

Post by boing » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:55 am

Hi Edwardo,

Thanks for some encouragement and hope that the ECO will see it as a minor mistake and follow up with me although I'm getting conflicting advice/information elsewhere that this might not be the outcome.

I went for Priority and as per your suggestion which I was going to do anyway I've ordered a new updated statement that will show the relevant balances held in excess of 6 months that I will get my sister in the UK to post to Sheffield this weekend with covering letter.