ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start petition to get Naturalisation waiting for more then 12 months completed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

Start petition to get Naturalisation waiting for more then 12 months completed

Post by nad2107 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi all does anyone know who would be interested in setting up a petition for people who have been waiting for more then 12 months for naturalisation to be completed. According to the EU law they should be completed in 6 months. I understand from this forum that there are some people like us who have been waiting nearly two years and in some cases more.

a minimum of 1000 signatures are required for this to go to relevant bodies.

I just want to gauge who would be interested if we got the ball rolling and whether there would enough support from members before we go through all the hard work of putting together petitions etc.

TIA

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Start petition to get Naturalisation waiting for more then 12 months completed

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:42 pm

this form can not be use as a platform for petition and protests its not allowed

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Re: Start petition to get Naturalisation waiting for more then 12 months completed

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm

I am interested. I can gladly vote for it

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:00 pm

EU LAW have no jurisdiction in Irish naturalisation process!
using eu law as a reference would be irrelevant only Irish court system can instruct the minister to look into the process and make it more efficient and fair to all applicants however the discretion of making the decision will remain with minister of justice and equality but they can improve the processing time.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi all does anyone know who would be interested in setting up a petition for people who have been waiting for more then 12 months for naturalisation to be completed. According to the EU law they should be completed in 6 months. I understand from this forum that there are some people like us who have been waiting nearly two years and in some cases more.

a minimum of 1000 signatures are required for this to go to relevant bodies.

I just want to gauge who would be interested if we got the ball rolling and whether there would enough support from members before we go through all the hard work of putting together petitions etc.

TIA
There is no such EU law and even if there was a law nothing the EU can do about it, it's Irish jurisdiction.

Naturalisation in Ireland is a privilege not a right, it doesn't matter how many signature you able to gather - it won't get you anywhere.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is sit tight and wait.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 am

Hi everyone thanks for all the replies. I did not realise that. Thanks for bringing to my attention. Wont bother with it then.

Will just to wait I guess hope it doesnt take another 2 years.