ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

Bank statement

Post by ntt05r » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm

This months bank statement is meant to have arrived today but didnt. This makes my previous months statement older than one month.

Would HO accept a printed statement at the bank? Does the bank need to stamp it? I believe banks dont stamp statements which show address, would that be a problem?

Any advice appreciated.

docfever
Mood:
India

Re: Bank statement

Post by docfever » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:44 pm

I was in a similar situation. I bank with HSBC. They printed it on
Bank stationary on letter headed paper with bank logo displayed in colour.
I also got a cover letter from the bank which states the statement is authentic. Also states when you opened that bank account, the banks identifier code, ur address etc.
I got the same bank representative to put a wet signature on the cover letter

I had a successful ILR application with this approach.

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 pm

ntt05r wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm
This months bank statement is meant to have arrived today but didnt. This makes my previous months statement older than one month.

Would HO accept a printed statement at the bank? Does the bank need to stamp it? I believe banks dont stamp statements which show address, would that be a problem?

Any advice appreciated.
Depends on bank and branch. Some of them won’t stamp at all, some of them won’t stamp the copy you bring but will print and stamp for you on site. Try another branch if one refuse to provide this service.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks all. I will try to convince the HSBC branch near me to do the same (unsure they will provide a cover letter) if bank statement doesnt arrive tomorrow. Appointment is in 2 days :|

rmoore
India

Post by rmoore » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 am

HSBC does not stamp statements. They will give your letter. Tell them you need for Home Office and they should print latest balance on the letter and you can take print out from bank branch for latest statement. I have done this and it works.