ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country Spouse Application successful after detention

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Out of country Spouse Application successful after detention

Post by dejy2k2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi
Just to encourage somebody.
I came in as a student 2004 with a 4year visa. Renewed once till 2009. Applied for PSW till 2012. Then became illegal. Got married to a lovely British girl in 2013, made another application but refused, began to report at Becket house, London Bridge. 17th January 2018, I was arrested in my house where I live with my wife. I was to be deported by January 31st. I sought asylum and was released on the 31st. I returned VOLUNTARILY to Nigeria in April 23rd. My lawyer made Application for me 11th May, I did my biometrics 17th May and by 30th my documents got to Sheffield. I received an email August 15th that my passport is ready for collection. On the 16th I got my passport, behold MY VISA WAS INSIDE.... 30 DAYS TO BE IN COUNTRY ... 15TH AUGUST TILL 14TH SEPTEMBER.

IT WAS TOUGH FOR MY WIFE AND I BUT ITS BETTER TO TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORN.I AM BACK I THE UK. ARRIVED ON THE 20TH AUGUST.

I HOPE THIS WILL ENCOURAGE SOMEONE

bathanza

Re: Out of country Spouse Application successful after detention

Post by bathanza » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Beautiful wonderful encouragement for us all. Well done and enjoy your freedom to do what you want brother!! Congratulations xx

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Congratulations x

My partner is leaving voluntarily soon. Hopefully we can get the visa. I have question? When leaving voluntarily can you book any flight? As one change over is cheaper than direct flight. Also did you have any issues getting back your passport at the airport?

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

Getting my passport was not an issue. The home office sent it to the airport of my choice which was Heathrow. You will get it when you have crossed the gate just by the VAT. You can get any flight. I got Royal AirMaroc. We stopped in Morocco and then left for nigeria. Since you are going to your country no issues... Ensure all documents are sorted before you leave so you don't waste time waiting in your country. You should find a good lawyer or if you will do it yourself which I would not recommend ensure to be her THOROUGHLY AND ATTENTIVE TO DETAILS......

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you for your response and suggestions.

We already have a solicitor in place. Our flight has a change over in Germany, not sure if that will be an issue, will find out when we call HO. We are leaving either from Birmingham/Manchester. Documents wise we almost have everything and solicitor is preparing a cover letter. We are making sure our solicitor is thorough explaining everything.

I have couple more questions if you don’t mind. Did HO give you any letter to you stating you left voluntarily? Also did you get TB test done?

Thank you

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi

Yes, there was a form that I got. Bear in mind I was reporting at London Bridge - Becket house. So I informed them that I wanted to leave voluntarily. Then I was given a form 101. In anycase when you leave the UK, any pending application you may have is deemed to have been implicitly withdrawn (in the event you didn't notify them of your voluntary return.)

yes I had to do a TB test.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Thank you

We don’t have anything pending. Our JR was refused on papers and we decided that we are not proceeding any further. My partner is due to report next week and planning to leave before by ringing the voluntary returns line. Depending on what they say we will book the tickets and leave. All our docs are ready so hopefully we can apply for visa within a week of leaving.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:44 pm

dejy2k2 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm
Hi
Just to encourage somebody.
I came in as a student 2004 with a 4year visa. Renewed once till 2009. Applied for PSW till 2012. Then became illegal. Got married to a lovely British girl in 2013, made another application but refused, began to report at Becket house, London Bridge. 17th January 2018, I was arrested in my house where I live with my wife. I was to be deported by January 31st. I sought asylum and was released on the 31st. I returned VOLUNTARILY to Nigeria in April 23rd. My lawyer made Application for me 11th May, I did my biometrics 17th May and by 30th my documents got to Sheffield. I received an email August 15th that my passport is ready for collection. On the 16th I got my passport, behold MY VISA WAS INSIDE.... 30 DAYS TO BE IN COUNTRY ... 15TH AUGUST TILL 14TH SEPTEMBER.

IT WAS TOUGH FOR MY WIFE AND I BUT ITS BETTER TO TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORN.I AM BACK I THE UK. ARRIVED ON THE 20TH AUGUST.

I HOPE THIS WILL ENCOURAGE SOMEONE
Good for you. You can now hold your head high in the knowledge of doing the right thing.

A lesson for many.......

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:58 pm

dejy2k2 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm
I sought asylum and was released on the 31st. I returned VOLUNTARILY to Nigeria in April 23rd.
This paragraph is hilarious....

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:01 pm

dejy2k2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 pm
Hi

Yes, there was a form that I got. Bear in mind I was reporting at London Bridge - Becket house. So I informed them that I wanted to leave voluntarily. Then I was given a form 101. In anycase when you leave the UK, any pending application you may have is deemed to have been implicitly withdrawn (in the event you didn't notify them of your voluntary return.)

yes I had to do a TB test.
Hi, Our solicitor arranged the voluntary return with HO and forwarded them the ticket information. My partner have to report on Wednesday and the flight was booked for Thursday morning 6:00 A.M. as HO requested 4 working days timescale. Do you think he can detained although he is leaving in less than 24 hrs?

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi

I do not think HO will detain. The purpose of detention is to remove forcefully as it where. In the case where an individual has made his/her intention of voluntary departure known and taking that further by buying a ticket, the last thing you should worry about is detention. HO will not detain. What the appointment is for is to sign some documents and there is an internal criminal checks that is done, this is to ensure your spouse is not a criminal trying to flee the country. So do not worry, pray and it shall be well.

Nightman22
Newly Registered

Post by Nightman22 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Thank you so much for this post. It is most encouraging. I'm about to leave myself. Just waiting for documents to apply for emergency travel document as my passport expired. Hopefully within 2 weeks I can leave and apply.

I just had a question about the cover letter. I'm not entirely sure what I should write and my solicitor seems clueless......

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:57 am

just explain your history and that whatever happened will not repeat etc..

Nightman22
Newly Registered

Post by Nightman22 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks!

I also want to ask why some people send supporting documents straight to Sheffield and others not. It would be so much easier than taking all that stuff with me. But I've been told South Africa is different. I wanted to know why and what the best way was to make absolutely sure I have the right information.

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi
@ Nightman

You dont need to say anything to them really. Just notify them of your intention to return. However, you must find out everything about your case and what is required. If your lawyer has no clue at this preliminary stage, i dont think hes worth using at all. You dont want to put your life in the hands of an incompetent lawyer.

As per where to send to documents to, for Nigeria, all my documents were sent to Shefield via my solicitor. So find out about South Africa. Do not leave any stone unturned.

I hope this helps

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

@ UKVISAS

How are you. Have you returned?

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 pm

My partner is leaving this week as solicitor is preparing documents. Almost all the documents are ready and and just finalising everything. Hopefully everything goes well when we apply.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 am

Hope it goes well for guys
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

dejy2k2
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dejy2k2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 am

Hi ukvisas