ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Query - Fine Record and Springboard Course

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seancool

Naturalization Query - Fine Record and Springboard Course

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 am

Dear Team,

Firstly thank you for the senior members for their advices and posts, it has been very beneficial to me and I believe to many others.

I have two things here I am wondering should I disclose on the naturalization form? :

1, I used to take springboard night courses, but I gave up in the middle as I was doing rotating shift, so I couldn't manage attending most of the courses.

2, Got one Luas fine, ticket was lost, fine paid, there was a letter issued to my previous address.

What do you think, should I tell them?

Thank you.

Regards,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalization Query - Fine Record and Springboard Course

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am

Springboard course - no harm either way. I had a lot of part-time courses and certifications, but that is my own hobby and I think the minister wouldn't mind if what I want to do after work.

Fine on Luas - that is definitely an offence of the Bye-Law and you are obliged to disclose that. Disclose that and the receipt of payment and say how you felt sorry about that.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am
Springboard course - no harm either way. I had a lot of part-time courses and certifications, but that is my own hobby and I think the minister wouldn't mind if what I want to do after work.

Fine on Luas - that is definitely an offence of the Bye-Law and you are obliged to disclose that. Disclose that and the receipt of payment and say how you felt sorry about that.
Thank you for your quick answer!

Regarding the springboard the course, as it is free, so it seems to be a part of social benefits I received, that's why I am asking.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:14 pm

seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am
littlerr wrote:

Regarding the springboard the course, as it is free, so it seems to be a part of social benefits I received, that's why I am asking.
Argh alright if it is a social benefit, you should include it. If you are not sure, include it anyway. There are many people who receive benefit payments but still got an approval, many in under 6 months. I just personally wouldn't want to take any chance that they are using the excuse of "you did not disclose xxxx" to reject the application. It seems that this excuse has become a standard rejection reason these days.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:24 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:14 pm
seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am
littlerr wrote:

Argh alright if it is a social benefit, you should include it. If you are not sure, include it anyway. There are many people who receive benefit payments but still got an approval, many in under 6 months. I just personally wouldn't want to take any chance that they are using the excuse of "you did not disclose xxxx" to reject the application. It seems that this excuse has become a standard rejection reason these days.
Thank you for your advice!

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 pm

A tricky thing here, I contacted the LUAS for the fine invoice, they can't even find the record of my fine after providing them my appeal number, name and address. I wonder it would have been a problem if I couldn't attach fine invoice after the disclosure of this fine fact....

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:09 pm

seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 pm
A tricky thing here, I contacted the LUAS for the fine invoice, they can't even find the record of my fine after providing them my appeal number, name and address. I wonder it would have been a problem if I couldn't attach fine invoice after the disclosure of this fine fact....
I have a traffic fine notice from the Netherlands, but I never received the notice and they said there's no money owed under my driver number, so they can't issue a letter to me.

However, they do have my driver number in their file, which means that there is an offence.

I just sent INIS a letter explaining that I may have a traffic offence in Netherlands but I have confirmed with them that no money is owed by me. Maybe they decided not to pursue for my offence because it is very minor; maybe they are just not bothered - I just don't know.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:19 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:09 pm
seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 pm
I have a traffic fine notice from the Netherlands, but I never received the notice and they said there's no money owed under my driver number, so they can't issue a letter to me.

However, they do have my driver number in their file, which means that there is an offence.

I just sent INIS a letter explaining that I may have a traffic offence in Netherlands but I have confirmed with them that no money is owed by me. Maybe they decided not to pursue for my offence because it is very minor; maybe they are just not bothered - I just don't know.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I just remember that I paid by cheque via post to LUAS office, so I can't even prove it was direct debited from my bank account, so I guess if they can't find my record against my name and address, I will just pass it...

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:01 pm

seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 am
Dear Team,

Firstly thank you for the senior members for their advices and posts, it has been very beneficial to me and I believe to many others.

I have two things here I am wondering should I disclose on the naturalization form? :

1, I used to take springboard night courses, but I gave up in the middle as I was doing rotating shift, so I couldn't manage attending most of the courses.

2, Got one Luas fine, ticket was lost, fine paid, there was a letter issued to my previous address.

Thank you.

Regards,
There are no issues with the Springboard courses, you can either add it or not. It won't harm your application if you mention it.

I wouldn't mention the Luas ticket issue because as a private company Luas do not disclose those type of issues to the government unless they are trying to bring you to court which obviously is not the case here.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:05 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:01 pm
seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 am
Dear Team,

Thank you.

Regards,
There are no issues with the Springboard courses, you can either add it or not. It won't harm your application if you mention it.

I wouldn't mention the Luas ticket issue because as a private company Luas do not disclose those type of issues to the government unless they are trying to bring you to court which obviously is not the case here.
Thank you very much max307!

It is very clear!

I would say so as well, as nowadays GDPR thing, as a private company, they can't disclose the personal info to any third party unless there is a consent from me, plus it is not a court case, and they don't have my record after I have repeatedly checked with the LUAS customer service.

jaul
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jaul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:01 am

Hi Sean,

I'm curious to know the outcome of your application, did you disclose the Luas fine ?

Michellekim34
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michellekim34 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Sean,

I would also want to know how did your application goes? Did you disclosed the luas fine?

Thanks.

freakfaizi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by freakfaizi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi Sean,

I am also curious to know whether did you disclose your luas fine info in citizenship form or not?
and did your passport application went successful or not?

It would be very helpful if you could share the outcome of your story as it will help many others.

please reply me.

Stay blessed.

asap800
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by asap800 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi folks,

Did any of you naturalise as an Irish citizen after disclosing the Luas fine?
Any updates?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!