ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Query - Work Status

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Citizenship Query - Work Status

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have applied for citizenship in July 2017 and I got my second stage letter in October 2017

When I applied for citizenship my job was different than. my current one. Now I have been promoted and my salary has been doubled.

I got promotion in April 2018.

Should I inform them about my new job and salary status? Do we spouse to inform them in changing of job and salary status?

Thank you in advance for your help.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Query - Work Status

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 pm
Hi Guys,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have applied for citizenship in July 2017 and I got my second stage letter in October 2017

When I applied for citizenship my job was different than. my current one. Now I have been promoted and my salary has been doubled.

I got promotion in April 2018.

Should I inform them about my new job and salary status? Do we spouse to inform them in changing of job and salary status?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Applicants are required to keep INIS informed about any changes in their circumstances (marriage, employment, etc.). If you go to HR in your company they should be able to give you a general letter that you can then send by post to the Citizenship Division.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 pm

I would say it is not necessary to advise them your new role if you are still employed in the same company, unless you changed your company.

And the salary, I think you do not need to disclose that as well, unless you have work permit which requires you do so.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:28 pm

seancool wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 pm
I would say it is not necessary to advise them your new role if you are still employed in the same company, unless you changed your company.

And the salary, I think you do not need to disclose that as well, unless you have work permit which requires you do so.
I do agree with your thinking but just in the highly unlikely chance they call OP's company asking for their current role and ends up being something different to what was said in the application that can cause some hiccups and these days you have to be very careful with INIS/Citizenship Division.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Thank you for replying guys,
I think I will inform that with a letter taken FROM HR.
I hope in this way they will remember about me 😂