ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Love_GB
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm

tn1 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Hi all,

I've just signed up to share a timeline. I've been following this thread throughout and observing timelines for that time. I've noticed that there's a lot of variation in how long it takes the home office to deal with applications, and as such I've added some factors that might impact how long it takes for an application to be processed. I would encourage others provide the same information in future so that any patterns in which applications are fast and which take longer become apparent.

Individual Application or With Dependants: Individual Applicant
Does Country of Nationality have Country Guidance: No
Did applicant obtain a convention travel document during 5 year leave: Yes

Leave Expiry: 15/04/2018
Application: 20/03/2018, by Royal Mail Special Delivery
Application Confirmation Email: 03/04/2018
Application Confirmation & Biometric Letter Dated: 29/03/2018
Application Confirmation & Biometric Letter Received: 05/08/2018
Biometric Enrollment: 06/04/2018
Monthly Application Status Emails: 30/04/2018, 29/05/2018, 29/06/2018, 30/07/2018
Approval Letter & documents returned: 16/08/2018 (by royal mail signed for)
BRP: 20/08/2018
Date on Approval Letter and BRP: 14/08/2018
Expiry Date on BRP: 31/12/2024
Lead Time: 5 months.

Country Guidance can be found at:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... tion-notes

Rationale for additions.

This below largely educated guesswork based on the Asylum Policy Instructions, and the variations in people's timelines.

Individual Application or With Dependants: This has been suggested as a reason for differing processing times before.

Does Country of Nationality have Country Guidance: I suspect applications where no country guidance exists might take longer as these countries tend to have fewer asylum applications overall (source: the most recent national statistics on asylum applications here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tection-to) applications and are therefore less likely to have a designated caseworker familiar with the situation in that country. A designated caseworker for a country may speed up applications as the caseworker will need to do less research for each individual application.

Did applicant obtain a convention travel document during 5 year leave: This may trigger additional checks on travel history to confirm the applicant did not return to their country of nationality during the 5 year leave. Where an applicant never obtained such a document no such checks would be required.

Good luck to all still waiting and applying soon.
Very much appreciated all the information , they are very helpful,
Do you think if the applicant has secured a permanent job that will help in speeding up his processing time

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 pm

thank you tn1 for taking the time to provide very helpful information
muchly appreciated..

tn1
Newly Registered

Post by tn1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am

Love_GB wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm
Do you think if the applicant has secured a permanent job that will help in speeding up his processing time
I can't think of any reason why this would be relevant either way for SET (P)

It certainly isn't mentioned anywhere in the policy instruction.

The policy instruction can be found here, and I believe this is the document the caseworker is working from when processing an application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nstruction

There are a few bits that have been removed from this public version on security grounds, but I suspect these sections relate to checking cases with the police/security services, and are very unlikely to be relevant to most applications.

The instruction only covers the rules a caseworker is supposed to follow in determining an application, not the way in which cases are assigned to caseworkers or the order in which they are dealt with. My suggestions on factors that might influence the processing time are based on how other organisations process large numbers of applications, either by assigning applications with specific properties (e.g. nationality in this case) to specific staff, or by having checks they don't carry out on some applications if there is no data to suggest they are needed (e.g. checking for a return to country of origin if there is no evidence to suggest the applicant has travelled outside the UK at all).

I'll admit it's all educated guesswork, but there is generally some procedural reason where such significant differences exist and these are the ones that seem most plausible.

(Also, I forgot to add the fact that in the case of the applicant in the timeline given, nothing was written in the box at the bottom of section 5)

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:14 pm

tn1 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am
Love_GB wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm
I can't think of any reason why this would be relevant either way for SET (P)

It certainly isn't mentioned anywhere in the policy instruction.

The policy instruction can be found here, and I believe this is the document the caseworker is working from when processing an application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nstruction

There are a few bits that have been removed from this public version on security grounds, but I suspect these sections relate to checking cases with the police/security services, and are very unlikely to be relevant to most applications.

The instruction only covers the rules a caseworker is supposed to follow in determining an application, not the way in which cases are assigned to caseworkers or the order in which they are dealt with. My suggestions on factors that might influence the processing time are based on how other organisations process large numbers of applications, either by assigning applications with specific properties (e.g. nationality in this case) to specific staff, or by having checks they don't carry out on some applications if there is no data to suggest they are needed (e.g. checking for a return to country of origin if there is no evidence to suggest the applicant has travelled outside the UK at all).

I'll admit it's all educated guesswork, but there is generally some procedural reason where such significant differences exist and these are the ones that seem most plausible.

(Also, I forgot to add the fact that in the case of the applicant in the timeline given, nothing was written in the box at the bottom of section 5)
tn1 , very much appreciated all theses very helpful information,

da09aam
Newly Registered
Syria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications - after ILR

Post by da09aam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 am

Hi all,

I have a question following the grant of ILR and wondering if anyone previously in a similar situation can help.

I applied in on 22/05/18 and was granted ILR on 15/08/2018 stating Refugee Settlement and Indefinite Leave to Remain in the remarks.

I am now looking to apply for a travel document so I can travel around. I am slightly confused as to apply for the (Blue - £75)) travel document which would be the same as to what I had during the 5 years before my application for ILR OR apply for a Travel Certificate (black - £280).

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications - after ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 am

da09aam wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 am
Hi all,

I have a question following the grant of ILR and wondering if anyone previously in a similar situation can help.

I applied in on 22/05/18 and was granted ILR on 15/08/2018 stating Refugee Settlement and Indefinite Leave to Remain in the remarks.

I am now looking to apply for a travel document so I can travel around. I am slightly confused as to apply for the (Blue - £75)) travel document which would be the same as to what I had during the 5 years before my application for ILR OR apply for a Travel Certificate (black - £280).

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Please post your travel document questions in the specific topic we already have, link below.

general-uk-immigration-forum/convention ... -1240.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

da09aam
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by da09aam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks Cr001

wd-ibrahim
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by wd-ibrahim » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi guys,
Are dependants (family reunion) allowed to go back to home country after obtaining ILR?

God is Great
Newly Registered

Post by God is Great » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks guys for your page.

my timeline

Applicatio sent to HO 25/05/18
Received by HO 29/06/18
Biometrics letter received from HO 08/06/18
Biometrics taken 11/06/18
Emails from HO regarding process of application 08/06,09/07,08/08
Approval letter recieved 24/08/18
BRp card received today 28/06/18

No lawyer used

Good luck everyone waiting.

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Congratulations to everyone who’s received ILR
just a quick question and sorry if I’ve missed information relating to my question..
Anyone applied for refugee ILR online?

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:09 am

hoods24 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:00 pm
Congratulations to everyone who’s received ILR
just a quick question and sorry if I’ve missed information relating to my question..
Anyone applied for refugee ILR online?
have you applied online yet ,
I think applying on line could be better than by post and it would speed the processing time

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 pm

not until next year...
i think most people apply by post..however online can speed the process up too..
ive not seen anyone on here whos applied online... or perhaps i missed their post.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:19 am

hoods24 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 pm
not until next year...
i think most people apply by post..however online can speed the process up too..
ive not seen anyone on here whos applied online... or perhaps i missed their post.
Hi hoods24 ,
I do not think anyone here has applied using online service , I have not seen any post about it yet , i missed the online application by 2 days , I applied on 16th of July , Online service started 18th July , but anyway you still need to post your documents EVEN if you apply online

dellman007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dellman007 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 am

Good news

Application sent : 31/05/18
Received by home office: 02/06/18
Bio metrics done : 15/06/18
Email received on 13th of july and August
Grant letter dated 29th August

All the best to everybody

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 am

dellman007 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 am
Good news

HI dellman007 ,
Congratulation on getting your ILR , was it only for yourself or did you have dependants on your application

dellman007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dellman007 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm

hi,

It was for just myself, no dependent.
Love_GB wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 am
dellman007 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 am
Good news

HI dellman007 ,
Congratulation on getting your ILR , was it only for yourself or did you have dependants on your application

Mahdis
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Mahdis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Just want to share my experience of application for ILR for me and 5 dependents :

Applied through solicitor:
Application sent 22/05/2018
Biometric done :08/06/2018
Home office approval letter :15/08/2018
BRP recieved by solicitors:16/08/2018
Timeline: 2 months and 3 weeks .
Wish all the best of luck and happiness .

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 am

Mahdis wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 pm
Just want to share my experience of application for ILR for me and 5 dependents :

Hi Mahdis ,
My congratulation to you and your family on getting your ILR ,
All the best to everyone waiting

Mahdis
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Mahdis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 am
Mahdis wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi Mahdis ,
My congratulation to you and your family on getting your ILR ,
All the best to everyone waiting

Thank you Love_GB and hope yours and others waiting come to an end and get you documents soon ! Thanks to admin of this site as well which helped a lot ! Take care and best of luck !

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

wd-ibrahim
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by wd-ibrahim » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 pm

wd-ibrahim wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 pm
Hi guys,
Are dependants (family reunion) allowed to go back to home country after obtaining ILR?
Could someone provide me with an answer, please :(

Peaceandlove444
Newly Registered

Post by Peaceandlove444 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 pm

:) I am new to this forum and I am posting my timeline to help others.
Application: set protection route for myself and my newborn son as dependent. My wife is eea national so do not require any application for her.
Application sent: 05th June 2018
Received by HO:6th June 2018
Acknowledgment email received: 15th June 2018
Biometric letter received on: 28th June 2018
Submitted biomatric on 29th June 2018
No email received any further.
Approval letter received with all documents for myself and dependent on: 31 august 2018
So all in all it took 12 weeks and two days to get ILR. No solicitors used throughout the whole process.
I hope and pray that all waiting will get good news soon God willing.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Peaceandlove444 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 pm
:) I am new to this forum and I am posting my timeline to help others.
Application: set protection route for myself and my newborn son as dependent. My wife is eea national so do not require any application for her.
Application sent: 05th June 2018
Received by HO:6th June 2018
Acknowledgment email received: 15th June 2018
Biometric letter received on: 28th June 2018
Submitted biomatric on 29th June 2018
No email received any further.
Approval letter received with all documents for myself and dependent on: 31 august 2018
So all in all it took 12 weeks and two days to get ILR. No solicitors used throughout the whole process.
I hope and pray that all waiting will get good news soon God willing.
Hi Peaceandlove444 ,
congratulation , Thanks you very much for sharing your timeline ,
all the best

Emraan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Emraan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm

This site helped me a lot so thanks everyone for such wonderful platform.

My timeline:

Method: Application for ILR as a refugee.

Application sent to HO 15/05/18

Received by HO 20/05/18

Biometrics letter received from HO 23/05/18

Biometrics taken 24/05/18

Emails from HO regarding process of application 20/06/18 and 20/07/18

Approval letter & old travel document recieved 04/08/18

BRP card received 14/08/18 (States: refugee settlement, indifinate leave to remain)

Total time: 2 months and 29 days

No solicitor

Sent work payslips, 6 months bank statements, Uni confirmation letter, 2 photos, expired travel document, expired BRP card

Good luck everyone, time to move on to travel document and citizenship thread here.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am

Emraan wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm
This site helped me a lot so thanks everyone for such wonderful platform.

My timeline:

Method: Application for ILR as a refugee.

Application sent to HO 15/05/18

Received by HO 20/05/18

Biometrics letter received from HO 23/05/18

Biometrics taken 24/05/18

Emails from HO regarding process of application 20/06/18 and 20/07/18

Approval letter & old travel document recieved 04/08/18

BRP card received 14/08/18 (States: refugee settlement, indifinate leave to remain)

Total time: 2 months and 29 days

No solicitor

Sent work payslips, 6 months bank statements, Uni confirmation letter, 2 photos, expired travel document, expired BRP card

Good luck everyone, time to move on to travel document and citizenship thread here.
Thank you so much Emraan for sharing your timeline and my congratulation to you on getting your ILR , I agree with you this forum is very helpful and moderators are doing lots of efforts to keep it in the way we see it ,
Emraan /I do not understand why you sent your payslips, i asked a lawyer about the work and she told me there was no need to send anything related to work as it would be not helpful in this route SET (P),
what you mean by Uni confirmation letter,