ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Ranna » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.
I didn’t have a brp card before, just the permanent residence card.
So if I don’t get issued a brp card for naturalization, how am I supposed to send it back later?
Does anyone know why they took down the application status checking service?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:13 am

Ranna wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am
Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.
I didn’t have a brp card before, just the permanent residence card.
So if I don’t get issued a brp card for naturalization, how am I supposed to send it back later?
Does anyone know why they took down the application status checking service?
EU citizens do not have to send anything back!!!

No we don't know why it was taken down. We don't work for HO but the system was only a Beta system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:29 am

Ah ok, thank you so much for your help! I didn’t know ..
So now, I just wait I guess ..

Arsalan1367
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan1367 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Ranna wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:29 am
Permanent residence card is knows as BRP card and you have to send that back after you have had your ceremony for Citizenship and then you have to send it back with in 5 days.

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:37 am

Hi everyone,

I applied for citizenship using the online application form, NDRS + JCAP on 1st Aug 2018. I received acknowledgement email the next day after I submitted online application with my Case ID. The passport fee got deducted yesterday then I received another same acknowledgement email from Home Office today with a different Case ID. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Thanks!

Arsalan1367
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan1367 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm

bcappnil wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:37 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for citizenship using the online application form, NDRS + JCAP on 1st Aug 2018. I received acknowledgement email the next day after I submitted online application with my Case ID. The passport fee got deducted yesterday then I received another same acknowledgement email from Home Office today with a different Case ID. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Thanks!
I think it shouldn’t matter as long as you have received acknowledgment letter. Have you received you biometric in the post with the acknowledgment letter ? Because I received my acknowledgment via Email but no biometrics email and then 4 days later i received acknowledgment letter by post with the biometrics paper work inside.

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:16 pm

Arsalan1367 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm
bcappnil wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I think it shouldn’t matter as long as you have received acknowledgment letter. Have you received you biometric in the post with the acknowledgment letter ? Because I received my acknowledgment via Email but no biometrics email and then 4 days later i received acknowledgment letter by post with the biometrics paper work inside.
I applied online so the biometrics can be printed off from the website. I've never received any letter for acknowledgement or biometrics but just the email after submitting the online form and payments. Now I have two Case ID....

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Klarae » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:46 pm

UKVI will deal with naturalization application while HMPO will deal with passport issue so two different government departments will mean two case ID

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Klarae wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:46 pm
UKVI will deal with naturalization application while HMPO will deal with passport issue so two different government departments will mean two case ID
That is fair enough but the email is exactly the same in text and content as the original acknowledgement email from the Home Office. The new email is also from Home Office not the Passport Office.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi, This forum is really helpful. Whenever I've got issue regarding visa i take help from this forum.

Actually I applied for naturalisation (AN Form using NCS ) end of july 2018. It is 5 weeks now. I need to move the home since my wife has applied for Divorce. She applied divorce about 4 months ago. I am still living with her because i have not got any letter from the court for divorce. I want to ask

If i move home will it effect application process

2ndly can divorce cause any issue in naturalisation process.

3rd and last: Is it compulsory to inform Home Office regarding change of address. New address is not permanent. I am there for couple of weeks. I have already redirected the royal mail for further posts.

Please reply......

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:44 am

Arsalan1367 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Ranna wrote:
Permanent residence card is knows as BRP card and you have to send that back after you have had your ceremony for Citizenship and then you have to send it back with in 5 days.
Does the approval letter come through with normal Royal Mail or is it a special delivery ?thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:33 am

Ranna wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:44 am
Arsalan1367 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Ranna wrote:
Does the approval letter come through with normal Royal Mail or is it a special delivery ?thanks!
A5 Brown envelope by second class post!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsalan1367
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan1367 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:04 pm

EUPR wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Hi, This forum is really helpful. Whenever I've got issue regarding visa I take help from this forum.

Actually, I applied for naturalisation (AN Form using NCS ) end of july 2018. It is 5 weeks now. I need to move the home since my wife has applied for Divorce. She applied divorce about 4 months ago. I am still living with her because i have not got any letter from the court for divorce. I want to ask

If I move home will it affect the application process

2ndly can divorce cause any issue in the naturalisation process.

3rd and last: Is it compulsory to inform Home Office regarding change of address. New address is not permanent. I am there for a couple of weeks. I have already redirected the royal mail for further posts.

Please reply......
You have to tell the home office about the address change or any other changes. And your divorce shouldn't really matter as you are applying Naturalisation on your own accord not on behalf of you Mrs so it doesn't matter but you suppose to let them know that you are separated.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Arsalan1367 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:04 pm
EUPR wrote:
Hi, This forum is really helpful. Whenever I've got issue regarding visa I take help from this forum.

Actually, I applied for naturalisation (AN Form using NCS ) end of july 2018. It is 5 weeks now. I need to move the home since my wife has applied for Divorce. She applied divorce about 4 months ago. I am still living with her because i have not got any letter from the court for divorce. I want to ask

If I move home will it affect the application process

2ndly can divorce cause any issue in the naturalisation process.

3rd and last: Is it compulsory to inform Home Office regarding change of address. New address is not permanent. I am there for a couple of weeks. I have already redirected the royal mail for further posts.

Please reply......
You have to tell the home office about the address change or any other changes. And your divorce shouldn't really matter as you are applying Naturalisation on your own accord not on behalf of you Mrs so it doesn't matter but you suppose to let them know that you are separated.
Thank you Arslan. But i am still looking for permanent residence. I am living with a friend at the moment. As soon as i find some room I will update HO. In given circumstance, i could only redirect the mails using Royal Mail. I requested my wife to keep my posts just in case. Frankly I am totally blank at the moment :? .

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Want to know can the two Referee form used for Citizenship application also be used for Passport application. I got a appointment for NDRS+ Passport next week.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Arsalan1367
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan1367 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 pm

aakkoo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Want to know can the two Referee form used for Citizenship application also be used for Passport application. I got a appointment for NDRS+ Passport next week.
No, different form is used for passport.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Arsalan1367 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 pm
aakkoo wrote:

So I have to fill two Referee forms for Citizenship and two for Passport application. Also where to get the Referee forms for Passport application. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:20 pm

aakkoo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 pm
Arsalan1367 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:

So I have to fill two Referee forms for Citizenship and two for Passport application. Also where to get the Referee forms for Passport application. Thanks
You have to complete the separate PAPER passport form if you are applying for the joint scheme. You cannot use the online passport form. The form has a referee section in it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:20 pm
aakkoo wrote:
Arsalan1367 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:

You have to complete the separate PAPER passport form if you are applying for the joint scheme. You cannot use the online passport form. The form has a referee section in it.
Thanks for your reply but sorry my confusion still exists. I already filled the Referee section in the Citizenship online form. I want to know can I use the same Referees and the Referee letters for my Passport application or do I have to fill separate. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 pm

aakkoo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:
Arsalan1367 wrote:

Thanks for your reply but sorry my confusion still exists. I already filled the Referee section in the Citizenship online form. I want to know can I use the same Referees and the Referee letters for my Passport application or do I have to fill separate. Thanks
You only need one professional referee for the passport application. It can be the same professional referee you use for the citizenship form. You also do not need 'referee letters' as such, they only need to complete the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 pm
aakkoo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:

You only need one professional referee for the passport application. It can be the same professional referee you use for the citizenship form. You also do not need 'referee letters' as such, they only need to complete the form.
Thanks

The pictures of the applicant need to be signed by the Referee as well?? Someone mentioned to me the back of the picture are required to be signed by the Referee.

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 pm

bcappnil wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:16 pm
Arsalan1367 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm
bcappnil wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I applied online so the biometrics can be printed off from the website. I've never received any letter for acknowledgement or biometrics but just the email after submitting the online form and payments. Now I have two Case ID....
It turned out the Home Office has not got my biometrics and sent me another biometric letter to enrol. This may be why they gave me a new Case ID. I applied online 31-7-2018 then did the biometrics enrolment on the same day with the printed letter followed by NRDS + JCAP. Now the Home Office said I did not comply with the 15 days rule to enrol biometrics... this is just annoying!!

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:19 pm

EUPR wrote:
Hi, This forum is really helpful. Whenever I've got issue regarding visa i take help from this forum.

Actually I applied for naturalisation (AN Form using NCS ) end of july 2018. It is 5 weeks now. I need to move the home since my wife has applied for Divorce. She applied divorce about 4 months ago. I am still living with her because i have not got any letter from the court for divorce. I want to ask

If i move home will it effect application process

2ndly can divorce cause any issue in naturalisation process.

3rd and last: Is it compulsory to inform Home Office regarding change of address. New address is not permanent. I am there for couple of weeks. I have already redirected the royal mail for further posts.

Please reply......
I am still looking for permanent residence. I am living with someone temporarily. I have royal mail redirection from my old address.
Is it ok if I dont update for couple of weeks.

Please shed some light on it. I hope CR001 will come to rescue me out of this situation.

I am waiting for your suggestions.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 am

I have got a very brief question, which should be easy to confirm, just to be absolutely sure, apologies if this has already been answered!

The online application form says
You must send your checklist and supporting documents within 10 working days
I assume this means I would be okay sending the documents on the 26th if I file my online application on the 16th, even if Royal Mail only send the package out the day after then? I do have an NRDS appointment, but if anything goes wrong with this, I still want to be able to send the documents myself rather than just having the application not be considered.

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello,

I’m a bit confused, again.
I got a letter from the council congratulating me on my application being successful yay!! and they gave me a date for a ceremony, but I haven’t received a letter from the Home Office yet? I need to confirm the ceremony date, but I can’t until I get the letter as they are asking for a poll number and a reference number which you can only find on the Home Office letter.
Has this happened to anyone? Shall I wait a few more days in case it shows up in the post or should I get in touch with the Home Office ?
Thanks!