ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 newborn BRP application fees looks doubled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hilal
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Tier 2 newborn BRP application fees looks doubled

Post by hilal » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm on tier 2 (general) visa and had a newborn in the UK.
I'm applying to get a BRP for them in order to be able to travel outside the UK with them. I'm using this application:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

I have 2 years 1 month remaining on my visa (originally it was 5 years) so I assume my child would get a visa with 2 years length.
But at the payment stage the page displays the application fees as £1408 which I can see corresponds with a 5 year dependent visa rather than up to 3 years as indicated on this page:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

I don't think this is the correct fee but rather should be £704. Is there anything I'm not doing correctly?
At the first stage in the application it asked for my information (The person you are joining or accompanying) and the length of my CoS and I selected the original length "More than 3 years". Should I pick the option of "Up to 3 years" assuming it is asking about the remaining duration rather than the original length of it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hilal
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: Tier 2 newborn BRP application fees looks doubled

Post by hilal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi all,

Anybody had experience with this or is able to help?
In summary I just want to confirm if a dependent (newborn) is applying for Tier2 would they pay fees based on the length of the remaining visa for the main applicant (2 years remaining) or will they pay as the original length of the primary applicant (5 years original length of visa)

Thanks in advance

Shipporah
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 newborn BRP application fees looks doubled

Post by Shipporah » Wed May 01, 2019 9:57 am

Hi.

Is it okay to ask how much fees you had to pay because we will be in similar situation soon.

Thank you !!