ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB - Citizenship approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rli0987
Newly Registered
Ireland

GNIB - Citizenship approval

Post by rli0987 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm

I submitted the gnib card to the citizenship office upon application approval, But now I need to travel outside Ireland would there be any issues upon arrival?

Has anyone without the gnib card traveled back to Ireland. Were there any issues at the immigration counter?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: GNIB - Citizenship approval

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm

rli0987 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm
I submitted the gnib card to the citizenship office upon application approval, But now I need to travel outside Ireland would there be any issues upon arrival?

Has anyone without the gnib card traveled back to Ireland. Were there any issues at the immigration counter?
Bring with you the letter of approval from the Citizenship Division, that should suffice the immigration officer to let you through.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:57 pm

you cant travel now
gnib will not issue you with a new card and citizenship office will not return your card it says something like that on the letter

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THE APPROVAL LETTER YOUR NOT AN IRISH CITIZEN YET THAT LETTER WILL NOT GET YOU ANY EXEMPTIONS.

you should have thought of that before submitting your GNIB so either cancel your travel plans or if its an emergency contact immigration office they might issue you a card or emergency purposes only
thanks

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Feel free to travel as long as you bring your letter that your naturalisation has been approved.

It's not your fault that there's no upcoming ceremony, and if it is the case, they need to issue you a new GNIB card. I have a few friends that have travelled with the letter only, and they didn't say anything. So don't worry about it.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:57 pm
you cant travel now
gnib will not issue you with a new card and citizenship office will not return your card it says something like that on the letter

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THE APPROVAL LETTER YOUR NOT AN IRISH CITIZEN YET THAT LETTER WILL NOT GET YOU ANY EXEMPTIONS.

you should have thought of that before submitting your GNIB so either cancel your travel plans or if its an emergency contact immigration office they might issue you a card or emergency purposes only
thanks
This is incorrect! @rli0987 feel free to travel but make sure you are carrying the letter of approval.

Several others in the forum have travelled abroad and entered the country just with their passport from country of origin and the letter of approval.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:36 pm

rli0987 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm

May i ask when did you get the approval letter asking you to submit GNIB card?

max2211
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by max2211 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:43 am

I have same issue, i send email to gnib office and they told me to get re entry visa if you surrnder your gnib card to citizenship office.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm

max2211 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:43 am
I have same issue, i send email to gnib office and they told me to get re entry visa if you surrnder your gnib card to citizenship office.
These are two different things though, if you are a visa required you will need a reentry visa to Ireland unless you hold a Stamp 4EUFAM.

If you are a visa required and hold a Stamp 4 then a reentry visa to Ireland will always be required.

laetianaB
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by laetianaB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi,

Happy Friday :)

I have travel plan this Sunday and I received the invitation letter for the next ceremony which will be on the 10 of September.

Do you think there will be an issue to come back in the country with only the stamps on my passport (including stamp 4 and re entry visa which will expire next year) and the invitation letter.

I went to immigration for advices but the information desk was already closed.

Please can you advise if you know, if anyone one of you has travel in this situation.

Many thanks,
Laura

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:43 pm

laetianaB wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:28 pm
Hi,

I have travel plan this Sunday and I received the invitation letter for the next ceremony which will be on the 10 of September.

Do you think there will be an issue to come back in the country with only the stamps on my passport (including stamp 4 and re entry visa which will expire next year) and the invitation letter.

Please can you advise if you know, if anyone one of you has travel in this situation.

Many thanks,
Laura
You will be fine with your current passport and the naturalisation approval letter, no issues whatsoever.

laetianaB
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by laetianaB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Thank you Max 😁.

Have a great weekend

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:56 pm

laetianaB wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:28 pm
Hi,

Many thanks,
Laura
Congratulation laetiana8@
can please tell me the about approval letter which you got today
you received in regular Post or you received in registered post
thanks

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:37 pm

They come with normal post. They will only register post when returning your passport or when they need more information.

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:39 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:37 pm
They come with normal post. They will only register post when returning your passport or when they need more information.
Thank you Rosay36@