ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call recived from home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Call recived from home office

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am

Hi everyone i was wondering if someone know how long after home office make decision after calling you. Basically i have applied for my wife and daughter visa joint application. Online application 19 july 2018 .. biometric done on 24th july documents sent same day . Got an email from home office on 19august to make ihs payment for kid within one week otherwise your application will be refused i made payment on sameday(before it was showing kids exempt frm ihs which is a bug on homeoffice payment site) anyway got a call from home office 26august 8:30 in morning. She asked me few questions about applicants and then about job.as I have rental income which im paying tax on and self-employed aswel (taxi driver) she asked so many questions about taxi job from a to z every single thing.(which is unusual thing if u self-employed my solicitor said) she never asked me about my rental income thn i mentioned myself when she was about to say bye she asked 2 3 questions about that thn and thats it.. question is has anyone been through this and when does home office ring u ? Is it when they considering your application? And how long after they give decision after ringing u.i have applied non priority service

janie123
Newly Registered

Re: Call recived from home office

Post by janie123 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:40 am

Hi
I am on the same boat. I have applied for my child settlement visa (from India - non-priority) on 5th April 2018.

Since then waiting with no luck. paid ihs on 30 June (after receiving same email as you)

Called once (waste of money) they sent a general email syaing as below settlement applications takes 12 weeks(which already passed 12 weeks ago :wink: )

=================================================================
Thank you for your enquiry

UKVI aims to complete all settlement applications within 12 weeks. The priority service allows settlement visa applicants to pay to have their application placed at the front of the queue once received by the UK Visas and Immigration Decision Making Centre (DMC) in Sheffield, and assessed ahead of standard settlement visa applications. On our Commercial Partners’ websites, you can find timescales for processing priority settlement applications. Please note however that these timescales are indicative and in peak periods applications may take longer to resolve. If you have paid for the priority service, please be assured that your application is being dealt with as a priority and we will inform you that it has been resolved as soon as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK
==================================================================

Just be patient and wait ...that is all we can do :|

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:26 am

Have u received any call from home office if yes when? And have u received your documents back yet or not? If yes when

janie123
Newly Registered

Post by janie123 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Application Category: Settlement Child - Non priority

Application Submitted Online: 02 April 2018

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): 05 April 2018 (VFS Hyderabad, India)

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 17th April 2018

Recieved email on 30th May 2018 :
Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 30th May 2018

**update** recieved email 27.06.18
- Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

**UPDATE**
recieved email 29.06.18
Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed
Unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request.

**UPDATE** : (IHS) payment made on 30/06/2018 and email sent on 02/07/2018

Decision Made : Still Awaiting....as on 31/08/20118

Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): Not that I am aware off...

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): No

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Is it child only application or partner aswell?

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Leeds121 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am
Hi everyone i was wondering if someone know how long after home office make decision after calling you. Basically i have applied for my wife and daughter visa joint application. Online application 19 july 2018 .. biometric done on 24th july documents sent same day . Got an email from home office on 19august to make ihs payment for kid within one week otherwise your application will be refused i made payment on sameday(before it was showing kids exempt frm ihs which is a bug on homeoffice payment site) anyway got a call from home office 26august 8:30 in morning. She asked me few questions about applicants and then about job.as I have rental income which im paying tax on and self-employed aswel (taxi driver) she asked so many questions about taxi job from a to z every single thing.(which is unusual thing if u self-employed my solicitor said) she never asked me about my rental income thn i mentioned myself when she was about to say bye she asked 2 3 questions about that thn and thats it.. question is has anyone been through this and when does home office ring u ? Is it when they considering your application? And how long after they give decision after ringing u.i have applied non priority service

Hi, I also received a call about 8 days ago and was interviewed. I was on a holiday and inside a car when they called me. They mostly interviewed me about my work. They also asked me to provide an alternate number as they cannot get through my employer. I made few mistakes and In the end the interviewer told me they will update me in the coming weeks. The interviewer seemed relaxed and friendly. Later my employer called me and told me they received a call from home office and was interviewed aswell. I also have been waiting don’t know what is going to happen. Hope they issue me a visa and I do hope they issue you a visa aswel. Let me know if your interviewer said anything similar to you like me or not

manomzd
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by manomzd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Guys

Did HO call you from unknwon id or any specific number ? Sponsor has received documents back on 4/8/18 though no one called yet.

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 pm

Which service did u apply? When did u apply any other emails?? Your timeline please

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 pm

It really is not possible to say how long things will take.

We are on day 110, also got the not straightforward email on day 59. My gut feeling is the office cannot cope with its workload and is not efficient enough. There is simply no way checks on us can take months in these days of instant communication.Add to that the outrageous price of the visa and it is all nothing short of a disgrace how people are treated.

It is also very 'British' to say the case is complex rather than admit they cannot cope, as it stops investigations and management interference at a higher level.

Impossible to prove and hey, maybe our cases are complex.... I seriously doubt it!

Why we cannot be told ' we just need so and so checked then we are able to make a decision' is beyond me. Simple updates cannot be too much to expect.

manomzd
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by manomzd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:21 pm

I applied online on 4/7/18, biomatric on 09/7/18 documents sent on 11/07/18 documents received back on 04/08/18 e-mail received on 07/08/18, no call yet. Could you please tell me, does HO call from unknown id or any specific number as i dnt want to miss the call if get any.

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:36 pm

It was from private number .they asked few details about applicants and took 30mins asking question about my job.and thats it

Leeds121
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Leeds121 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:20 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 pm
It really is not possible to say how long things will take.

We are on day 110, also got the not straightforward email on day 59. My gut feeling is the office cannot cope with its workload and is not efficient enough. There is simply no way checks on us can take months in these days of instant communication.Add to that the outrageous price of the visa and it is all nothing short of a disgrace how people are treated.

It is also very 'British' to say the case is complex rather than admit they cannot cope, as it stops investigations and management interference at a higher level.

Impossible to prove and hey, maybe our cases are complex.... I seriously doubt it!

Why we cannot be told ' we just need so and so checked then we are able to make a decision' is beyond me. Simple updates cannot be too much to expect.
When did u apply and did u get any interview call from home office ..and when did they sent u acknowledge email that your application has been received and blah blah... Can u tell your timeline

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 pm

No 2 applications are the same - do not stress over by trying to predict and second guess what is happening in your application behind the scenes.

If you really want to know then contact UKVi and ask the question to be forwarded to the relevant department in Sheffield.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Sumit_chopra
Newly Registered
India

Re: I saw missed from home office

Post by Sumit_chopra » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 pm

I had applied spouse visa. I saw missed call from unknown number. I downloaded turecaller checked name of number. I checked number was from British high commission delhi. Almost 6 days gone. still i am waiting call from home office.
Please anyone can tell me what will happen now.
Thanks