ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name and picture of each member state's Residence Card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Name and picture of each member state's Residence Card

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 pm

In Ireland it is called 4EUFam and the words "Residence Card" is not explicitly mentioned.

Any chance we can collect at least the names, if not sanitized images of Residence Cards from all member states?
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yasser::Norske

Post by Yasser::Norske » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:27 am

Would I also receive such Electronic residence card when I apply for in Finland, Norway or Holland or any memberstate?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 am

Germany: "Residence card for family members of a union citizen or a citizen of an EEA state" and "Residence permit for a citizen of the Swiss Confederation and their family members who are not citizens of the Swiss Confederation"

Austria: "Residence card" and on the backside "Residence card for (family) members of an EEA citizen or Swiss citizen", see list (first page, bottom).

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 am

This page hosts many example but also seems incomplete regards EEA residence documents.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Swiss example:

The whole thing is on paper, really huge hence totally unpractical.

The only difference between the EU-citizen´s permit and the family-member´s permit are the words I marked in red:

EU-Citizen´s permit: "allows working" (only)
Family-member´s permit: "Joining the family, allows working", the address is marked as "c/o".

FamilyMembers of Swiss Citizens get a different credit card sized plastic residence permit, which is only valid for 1 year.

I´d LOVE to know why family-members of CH-citizens get the different card. From experience I can say that it´s quite difficult to travel with the above paper, since most borderguards suspect that this is not a valid Schengen-residence permit. (Flying from Beirut to Prague with above paper was quite an adventure, we were nearly denied boarding in Beirut...)
Last edited by ca.funke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 pm

(mixed edit and quote - wish I could delete - sorry)

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 am

Here is a list of all Schengen resident permits/cards, just pick out the EU family member resident cards.

Annex 2 Schengen handbook (20 July 2011)
LIST OF RESIDENCE PERMITS ISSUED BY MEMBER STATES
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 054:EN:PDF
also at
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/dat ... itel-e.pdf

used 86ti link to find pics http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/EN/sea ... untry.html
make screen shot and crop.

(corrections welcome, please double check,
also didn't quote/copy all the list, e.g. France)
[quote]
SWEDEN
front
back

Uppehållskort för en unionsmedborgares familjemedlem (utfärdat i enlighet med direktiv 2004/38/EG artikel 10:1). Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen (issued in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC article 10:1).

Residence card for a family member of a European Union citizen; evidence for a third-country national who is a family member of a citizen of the EU, or of Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, of the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

Permanent uppehållskort för en unionsmedborgares familjemedlem (utfärdat i enlighet med direktiv 2004/38/EG artikel 20:1). Permanent residence card of a family member of a Union citizen (issued in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC article 20:1).

Residence card for a family member of a European Union citizen; evidence for a third-country national who is a family member of a citizen of the EU, or of Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, of the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

Validity: 10year(s)

ROMANIA
– Carte de rezidenţă permanentă eliberată membrilor de familie ai cetăţenilor
UE/SEE, seria RPT, eliberat în conformitate cu Directiva nr. 38/2004

(Permanent residence card issued to family members of EU/EEA citizens, series
RPT, issued according to Directive no. 38/2004)

– Carte de rezidenţă permanentă eliberată membrilor de familie ai cetăţenilor
români, seria RPR, eliberat în conformitate cu Directiva nr. 38/2004

(Permanent residence card issued to family members of Romanian citizens,
series RPR, issued according to Directive no. 38/2004)

– Carte de rezidenţă eliberată membrilor de familie ai cetăţenilor UE/SEE, seria
RTT, eliberat în conformitate cu Directiva nr. 38/2004

(Residence card issued to family members of EU/EEA citizens, series RTT,
issued according to Directive no. 38/2004)

– Carte de rezidenţă eliberată membrilor de familie ai cetăţenilor români, seria
RTR, eliberat în conformitate cu Directiva nr. 38/2004

(Residence card issued to family members of Romanian citizens, series RTR,
issued according to Directive no. 38/2004)

HUNGARY

front
back

TARTÓZKODÃ
Last edited by acme4242 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:53 am, edited 35 times in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:03 am

Belgian example:

This card is the coolest ever, since the only difference to a national Belgian ID is the heading "Carte F" vs. "Identity Card" & the line "Carte de séjour de membre de la famille..."

We successfully entered Gibraltar with this card, flashing my "national ID" and my wife´s "Carte F" just after each other. The borderguard just waved us through.

I wish to try to enter the UK with this, but since my wife is naturalised by now we don´t have above card anymore...

skele

Post by skele » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Wow, so they're all completely different! My husband has one for France which is again different to the rest, shouldn't they all look the same? Don't have access to a scanner at the moment to put it on here, will try to at some point.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:07 pm

A UK issued Residence Card looks like Image.

It is a passport vignette sticker. If UKBA has the passport, it will put the vignette into the passport. If they do not have the passport, they will put the vignette onto an A4-sized piece of paper called a "Immigration Status Document".

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:17 pm

UK Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National
notice, the problem, it does not actually say "Family Member of an EEA National"

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

acme4242 wrote:Image

notice, the problem, it does not actually say "Family Member of an EEA National"
You say "problem", how do you mean? If this is your PR sticker, have you found it 'tricky' at the UK borders or otherwise?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

The uncertainty (problem?) comes when you consider whether the holder is allowed visa free travel in the rest of the EU.

Specifically most embassy web sites talk about no visa for holders of a Residence Card that mentions "family member of an EU citizen" (which this card does NOT say!)

tanim_84
Newly Registered

Post by tanim_84 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Just came across this topic and would be very grateful for clarification of a few things. I do realise it is quite an old post but still giving it a go.

I have got one of these:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:A UK issued Residence Card looks like Image.

It is a passport vignette sticker. If UKBA has the passport, it will put the vignette into the passport. If they do not have the passport, they will put the vignette onto an A4-sized piece of paper called a "Immigration Status Document".
I am looking to apply for one of these:
acme4242 wrote:Image

I would greatly appreciate input from everyone. My questions are as follows:

1. When did you, acme4242, receive your PR Card? Meaning is it recent; is this what I can expect to receive if I apply soon?

2. Am I right in assuming the "Document Renewal Date" is 10 years after the date of issue?

3. Has it always been 10 years endorsement for Non-EEA family members of EEA nationals? Or has it been changed recently?

4. What happens after the 10 years is over, I mean, what next?

5. Will or can this be revoked if you split up from your EEA national spouse or they leave the UK?

A big thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time out to reply.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:15 am

tanim_84 wrote:Just came across this topic and would be very grateful for clarification of a few things. I do realise it is quite an old post but still giving it a go.

I have got one of these:

It is a passport vignette sticker. If UKBA has the passport, it will put the vignette into the passport. If they do not have the passport, they will put the vignette onto an A4-sized piece of paper called a "Immigration Status Document"

I am looking to apply for one of these:

notice, the problem, it does not actually say "Family Member of an EEA National

I would greatly appreciate input from everyone. My questions are as follows:

1. When did you, acme4242, receive your PR Card? Meaning is it recent; is this what I can expect to receive if I apply soon?

2. Am I right in assuming the "Document Renewal Date" is 10 years after the date of issue?

3. Has it always been 10 years endorsement for Non-EEA family members of EEA nationals? Or has it been changed recently?

4. What happens after the 10 years is over, I mean, what next?

5. Will or can this be revoked if you split up from your EEA national spouse or they leave the UK?

A big thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time out to reply.
1. will be issued within six months of applying.
2. yes
3. It should be automatically re-issued, but in the UK you'll have to apply again.
4. As above.
5. No.

Also, you may consider applying for British citizenship later.

ck4137

Re: Name and picture of each member state's Residence Card

Post by ck4137 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 am

Does anybody know average waiting time for resident card (for the family member of an EU national) to be issued in belgium?

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:46 pm

ck4137 wrote:Does anybody know average waiting time for resident card (for the family member of an EU national) to be issued in belgium?
according to directives 2004/38/ec RC should be issued in 6 months.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:04 am

More images.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Federa
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re:

Post by Federa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Yasser::Norske wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:27 am
Would I also receive such Electronic residence card when I apply for in Finland, Norway or Holland or any memberstate?

Federa
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re:

Post by Federa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:42 pm

86ti wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 am
Germany: "Residence card for family members of a union citizen or a citizen of an EEA state" and "Residence permit for a citizen of the Swiss Confederation and their family members who are not citizens of the Swiss Confederation"

Austria: "Residence card" and on the backside "Residence card for (family) members of an EEA citizen or Swiss citizen", see list (first page, bottom).

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.