ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant maintenance advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Venki8

whilst Main applicant awaits ILR card, Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by Venki8 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi how can I apply for my wife's tier 2 general dependant extension whilst I'm waiting for my ILR BRP card. It only got approved yesterday and says 7 working days to arrive.

two things

1) My wife only has 20 days on her current leave
2) I have funds maintained for 90 days but only until mid of August so considering the 31-day validity clause I can only make her application up to 10th of September, again which is a very short time to book a premium one day service?

Is there any way around to apply using my 'case ID'?, in the PBS dependant application it specifically asks for BRP card number.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: whilst Main applicant awaits ILR card, Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 am

You should wait for a week until your BRP arrives. your partner still has 20 days so you have a lot of buffer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Thank you for your reply, home office said the same

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:13 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 am
You should wait for a week until your BRP arrives. your partner still has 20 days so you have a lot of buffer.
Hi, One last question. My wife's previous visa was issued on 24th Aug 2016, So she just completed 2 yrs and whilst applying for the extension I'm selecting the option of " 3 yrs or less " instead of "more than 3yrs". please let me know if that's alright?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 am

yes. she can only be granted 3 years anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 am
Hi cyclina1 thank you so much for your quick and invaluable responses.

I received my BRP card yesterday ( at long last! :D ) and applied online today giving my visa expiry date as 3 years from her current expiry date & paid £600 IHS charge and booked a premium appointment in Birmingham, however, I'm trying to reschedule any appointment near London even if a couple of days away.

1) In my case, the bank statement I have has had funds for the last 90 days up to 13th August 2018. In the PBS guidance, it says Bank statements are valid up to 31 days from the date of application, which in this case is today or the premium appointment day?? (please advise me )

2) If it is treated as today, my bank statement is valid for up to 1st Aug 2018 my wife's current visa until 20th sep 2018, so I can reschedule her appointment any day up to 20th sep 2018?

dardar1
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by dardar1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:19 am

Venki8 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 am

booked a premium appointment in Birmingham, however, I'm trying to reschedule any appointment near London even if a couple of days away.
Hi Venki8 - could you please share info how difficult it is to get a premium appointemnt? What was the earliest possible date when you booked it today?

I will have to apply soon and would really appeciate if you could share this info with me.

Thank you in advance! And good luck with your wife's visa application!

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 am

dardar1 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:19 am
Venki8 wrote:

booked a premium appointment in Birmingham, however, I'm trying to reschedule any appointment near London even if a couple of days away.
Hi Venki8 - could you please share info how difficult it is to get a premium appointemnt? What was the earliest possible date when you booked it today?

I will have to apply soon and would really appeciate if you could share this info with me.

Thank you in advance! And good luck with your wife's visa application!
Hi for Tier 2 dependant premium appointments, at the time of writing this, I can see below available dates as the earliest

1) Croydon - sep 22nd
2) Belfast - sep 14th
3) Birmingham - Sep 13th
4) Cardiff - Sep 18th
5) Glasgow- Sep 15th
6) Liverpool - Sep 17th
7) London Victoria - sep 27th
8) Sheffield - sep 15th

Please bear in mind, these dates change regularly pretty much every 30 min, As everyone says HO releases new dates every night exactly @ 12 am so I'll have to see tonight if I can get any early dates!

But I personally found checking dates every 10minutes very helpful, that's how I managed my ILR appointment in 2 weeks time.

In simple terms, you need to start booking an appointment at least 3-4 weeks ahead for your desired date and center

hope this helps

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 am

Venki8 wrote:

Hi cyclina1 thank you so much for your quick and invaluable responses. I couldn't edit my previous post so posting again with 2 more bits

I received my BRP card yesterday ( at long last! :D ) and applied online today giving my visa expiry date as 3 years from her current expiry date & paid £600 IHS charge and booked a premium appointment in Birmingham for 13th September 2018, however, I'm trying to reschedule any appointment near London even if a couple of days away.

1) In my case, the bank statement I have has had funds for the last 90 days up to 13th August 2018. In the PBS guidance, it says Bank statements are valid up to 31 days from the date of application, which in this case is today or the premium appointment day?? (please advise me )

2) If it is treated as today, my bank statement with required funds maintained is up to 1st Aug 2018 is enough? (in my case I have until 13th Aug).

3) My wife's current visa until 20th sep 2018, so I can reschedule her appointment any day up to 20th sep 2018?

4) one last question, when I'm enclosing my bank statement funds in my account gone to £70 on Aug 14th, so should I specifically order my bank statement up to 13th Aug 2018 or I already have a statement up to 18th Aug 2018 with less closing balance, can I use that one?

sorry about too many questions and thank you

dardar1
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by dardar1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:38 am

Venki8 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 am

Hi for Tier 2 dependant premium appointments, at the time of writing this, I can see below available dates as the earliest

1) Croydon - sep 22nd
2) Belfast - sep 14th
3) Birmingham - Sep 13th
4) Cardiff - Sep 18th
5) Glasgow- Sep 15th
6) Liverpool - Sep 17th
7) London Victoria - sep 27th
8) Sheffield - sep 15th

Please bear in mind, these dates change regularly pretty much every 30 min, As everyone says HO releases new dates every night exactly @ 12 am so I'll have to see tonight if I can get any early dates!

But I personally found checking dates every 10minutes very helpful, that's how I managed my ILR appointment in 2 weeks time.

In simple terms, you need to start booking an appointment at least 3-4 weeks ahead for your desired date and center

hope this helps
Thanks v much! It is very helpful!! :)

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 am

Venki8 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 am
Venki8 wrote:

Hi cyclina1 thank you so much for your quick and invaluable responses. I couldn't edit my previous post so posting again with 2 more bits

I received my BRP card yesterday ( at long last! :D ) and applied online today giving my visa expiry date as 3 years from her current expiry date & paid £600 IHS charge and booked a premium appointment in Birmingham for 13th September 2018, however, I'm trying to reschedule any appointment near London even if a couple of days away.

It doesn't matter, your bank statement is up to 13 AUG so it still valid anyway.

2) If it is treated as today, my bank statement with required funds maintained is up to 1st Aug 2018 is enough? (in my case I have until 13th Aug).

3) My wife's current visa until 20th sep 2018, so I can reschedule her appointment any day up to 20th sep 2018?
Yes. as long as her visa still valid.

4) one last question, when I'm enclosing my bank statement funds in my account gone to £70 on Aug 14th, so should I specifically order my bank statement up to 13th Aug 2018 or I already have a statement up to 18th Aug 2018 with less closing balance, can I use that one?
I think you better not show any number fall below the maintenance fund, within 90 days of the application.
And, the money from multiple bank account can be combined, including money from your partner.

sorry about too many questions and thank you

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Thank you so much

Venki8

Tier 2 dependant maintenance advice

Post by Venki8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi
I'm really desperate for an answer for this urgently, please help me.

I received my ILR last week through Tier 2 general 5yr route. Now I'm applying for my wife's extension under PBS dependant.

Her statement has funds maintained for 90 days but unfortunately, the balance has fallen below £630 for 4 days after the 90 day period, I have asked HSBC bank to split the statement up to that particular day but they say they can't because it's already generated.

I'm really nervous now, even though she maintained for 90 days, just because the closing balance for the last 4 days on the statement is less than £630. sadly for those 4 days, all of our accounts combined didn't have £630.

Please advise me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant maintenance advice

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 pm

You risk her visa being refused for not maintaining the maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Thank you for your quick reply CR001, can you please advice me any way around this?

can my Tier 2 sponsor give her a letter for funds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm

There is no 'way around this'. The rules are clear that funds must be maintained for 90 days.

Unless you have money in overseas bank accounts you can use, I have no other suggestions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi CR001 and cyclina1 thank you for your advise.

Since I can't make an application for my wife's tier 2 dependant extension because of bank statement problem, can she travel to India before her visa expires and make an application from there? she will be making the application within 60days of her visa expiry and total absence from the UK would be less than 180 days.

please advise me.