ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application(when did you first enter the UK)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rogerroger
Member of Standing

ILR application(when did you first enter the UK)

Post by rogerroger » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:20 am

Hi
My cousin is applying for ILR, there is a section in the application which asks when did you first enter the UK?
since he came in as a student, does he have to state that date or does he have to state the date when he started working?

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:42 pm

The date of entry which leads to your current ILR.

Cheers,

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Rog,

I have got the same situation since I was here way before the work permit employment. But it seems this date should be whenever the WP started from.

Quoting from FORM SET(O);

"Section 3 must be completed as indicated in all cases. The date needed in answer to the question at 3.1 is the date of the main applicant’s first entry to the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which theapplication is based."

But it is a bit confusing since the question should really be "when did you first enter UK, OR, start date of current immigration status".

[/u]