ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Halisonu5

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:41 am

I also recieved the not straight forward email...its my 2nd time applying maybe thts y

Blighty

Post by Blighty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:37 am

Halisonu5 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:41 am
I also recieved the not straight forward email...its my 2nd time applying maybe thts y
I posted about receiving 'application not straightforward' email on 30/08/18. The next day we were both contacted by email to have a telephone interview with the ECO on 06/09/18. Probably do not approve of our age difference and short relationship prior to marriage. Sadly, they do not understand the concept of immediate mutual attraction and chemistry! They cannot find fault with our application, and so we are getting well-prepared for the telephone interview.

MizzTracy89

Post by MizzTracy89 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Misskatie wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:29 pm
It's £5 for the first email and all emails after that are free. They have just replied saying my partners application was escalated 30.6.17 and usually it takes 10 w/d for a response. Looks like they're already sick of me :lol:
Hi misskatie what is the email address?

Amanij93
Newly Registered

Post by Amanij93 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Zweeto wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Amanij93 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:28 pm
Hi,

I am new to this so I am not sure if I have posted in the right place, apologies if I have not.

Timeline:

My husband and I made an application for him to join me in the UK
Application made on 28 January 2018
Biometrics - 6 February 2018
UKVI returned our supporting documents on 9 March 2018
Not straight forward email received on 27 April 2018

As you can see we have now waited 107 working days since the date of the biometrics. We have escalated the case 3 times - to which UKVI only respond by saying it is still being assessed. My MP also got involved and when UKVI got back to him they just said we have to wait as the case is complex. They have not contacted us asking for additional documents, nor have they contacted my managers. Our case is very simple and so I am not sure what is complex about it. Only thing that is making us very nervous and stressed is that my husband's visa in Australia expires in September 2018 and his passport expires in October 2018. We have informed UKVI of this multiple times but they really don't care. It doesn't really make sense because he wouldn't be able to travel with an expired passport anyway and it takes 3 months to renew his passport from Australia...

Has anyone waited this long yet? What is the maximum time UKVI can take to make a decision? We have lost hope and are now thinking to withdraw the application and for me to go to Australia then maybe apply to the UK again from there. Which I really don't want to do! Ah!

Thanks
Hi
We are exactly in the same situation as my step sons residence permit is on about to expire and ukvi are bothered? You have posted this in July? Any update on your application would like to know how you got on?

Thanks
Yeah UKVI are totally not bothered at all. They have literally ruined our life. So after several escalations and getting our MP involved we still heard nothing, then on 21 August we received an email saying that our case is not straightforward and they will take long to make a decision (we have received this email several times). We then decided to withdraw our application, so on 24 August we emailed UKVI and asked them to withdraw and return the passport asap. 1 min later we received an email saying that a decision has been made on our application. We called and sent several emails after and everyone we spoke to said that a decision has definitely been made and it was made on 21 August (same time as we received the not straightforward email). Anyway, now it has nearly been 2 weeks and we have not received an email from the Decision Making Centre confirming that a decision has been made, nor have we been contacted by the VAF centre in Australia. His visa expires in 3 weeks time so we are under so much pressure right now, he is not even able to leave the country because they have his passport. Stress!! Any update with you?

Amanij93
Newly Registered

Post by Amanij93 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:58 pm

San111 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:37 pm
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:52 pm
I had involved mp was enquired twice regarding employemnet and Alhamdulillah last week we got the visa; decision was made and next day my husband was told to collect passport
I am over the moon for you everyday I came on here to check for your update the wait is over. Congratulations
Hi Nabeela, I am so happy for you congrats!! Quick question - when and how did you find out that a decision was made? And how long did you wait after to receive the passport? I ask because it has been 2 weeks since a decision was made on our application and we still have not received anything!

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Blighty wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:37 am
Halisonu5 wrote:
I posted about receiving 'application not straightforward' email on 30/08/18. The next day we were both contacted by email to have a telephone interview with the ECO on 06/09/18. Probably do not approve of our age difference and short relationship prior to marriage. Sadly, they do not understand the concept of immediate mutual attraction and chemistry! They cannot find fault with our application, and so we are getting well-prepared for the telephone interview.
But its been 5 months since i n my employer was interviewed....they havnt contacted or asked for anything else...infact we have contacted them many times but no proper reply...anyway ihope it goes all well with u guys...

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Country applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Visa Priority or Non Priority: Priority
Office Location Processing Visa: Sheffield, UK
Date Application Submitted Online: July 21st, 2018
Date Bio-metrics Taken: July 27th, 2018
Date Documents sent to Sheffield: July 27th, 2018
Date Documents were Received in Sheffield: July 30th, 2018
Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer": August 28 2018 ( very late)
Escalation: Not done yet but, as it's reaching 30 working days, might be escalating soon
Decision Made Email: Pending

Total Processing Time: 26 BD since Biometrics

afshin86
Iran

Post by afshin86 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:03 pm

hello
there is any body waiting since may
biometric dont 17 may
they called me and employer 10 august
then nothing more
still waiting

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Gujarkhan wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 pm
I have been waiting for over 5 months / 108 working days now. Biometrics done on 20th March! At my wits end really. Sheffield emailed 3 weeks ago saying they expedited it but still nothing. MP wont get involved till 6 months pass.
I've been waiting 8 months now and still no reply. My husband's passport has expired too they don't care. They called me and my employer on 2nd month and they sent docs back 2nd month and I have been waiting ever since

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Blighty wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:37 am
Halisonu5 wrote:
Please let us know how it goes and what they ask. I would love to know thanx

Gunner786
Mood:

Post by Gunner786 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 pm

mysterylady11 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:11 pm
Gunner786 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:27 pm
I have emailed them today. Been exactly 1 month since they signed for the supporting documents but no acknowledgnent email or anything till now. My friend applied same time as me but he got his supporting documents back after 2 weeks. Both of us did priority
Hi Gunner, did you get a reply ?
Finally got a reply.

Dear #######
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Regards,
####
UK Visas and Immigration

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 pm
mysterylady11 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:11 pm
Gunner786 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:27 pm
I have emailed them today. Been exactly 1 month since they signed for the supporting documents but no acknowledgnent email or anything till now. My friend applied same time as me but he got his supporting documents back after 2 weeks. Both of us did priority
Hi Gunner, did you get a reply ?
Finally got a reply.

Dear #######
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Regards,
####
UK Visas and Immigration

Same thing they been saying to me for the last week or two , waiting until the 30 days to escalate I hope we get our decision soon.

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 am

Khayrulewara wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm
Gujarkhan wrote:
I have been waiting for over 5 months / 108 working days now. Biometrics done on 20th March! At my wits end really. Sheffield emailed 3 weeks ago saying they expedited it but still nothing. MP wont get involved till 6 months pass.
I've been waiting 8 months now and still no reply. My husband's passport has expired too they don't care. They called me and my employer on 2nd month and they sent docs back 2nd month and I have been waiting ever since
I'm in same boat as u...been waiting since december last yr and 8 n half months have passed..they dont tell u anything other than "no decision made yet" n for the amount of money we pay n the stress we endure just to be told nothing about the case...genuine families are being torn apart...its making life difficult...they need to improve their services..
Where did ur husband apply n what date if u dont mind me asking?

Leah007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Leah007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:54 pm

We applied for my husbands visa in Izmir in January this year. Biometrics were done 5th Feb. I had a telephone interview 30th April and he was called for a face to face interview today. Still left hanging around waiting being told no decision blah blah blah. Lost count of the amount of times it was supposedly escalated by the call centre. Sad times :cry:

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:01 am

Halisonu5 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 am
Khayrulewara wrote:
Gujarkhan wrote:
I'm in same boat as u...been waiting since december last yr and 8 n half months have passed..they dont tell u anything other than "no decision made yet" n for the amount of money we pay n the stress we endure just to be told nothing about the case...genuine families are being torn apart...its making life difficult...they need to improve their services..

I know tell.me about it. It's so stressful I have a disabled daughter with a heart condition and they don't give a damn. I also have another son too. And it is so hard I need my husband's support as it's hard looking after a disabled and 1 year old at same time. Wish we all get some good outcome coz I can't take no more I even contacted local mp but they can't do much. My husband applied from Pakistan in January. I got my docs bak 2nd month we even got call 2nd month from HO for phone interview me and my employer but that was 5 months ago. Apparently it's still in decision making. Really stressed atm

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:40 am

To be called in for a face to face interview is very rare these days. Was there anything that was non-straightforward about your application?

Hang in there you'll be fine. Looking after disabled kids is not easy and you are obviously strong person for coping all this time.

Once husband is here am sure he will contribute to up keeping of the family and things will get better. Just remember after Hardships come ease so hang in there.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Gunner786
Mood:

Post by Gunner786 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Finally got the email 4 weeks after sending supporting documents

Dear ######,

Regarding Visa Application: ######
For: #######

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer........

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Dear ######,

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer........

Same got mines after a month too which I thought was odd,Friday makes the 30 days so let’s see what happens.

Anisa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anisa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 am
@anisha. Yes, we used the savings route which we thought would be the easiest. Clear evidence of the money needed, all they would do is check marriage papers and my wife's record, right?

On day 108 now.....
Yeah we have waited over 120 days now.. must be because of the savings route then

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:01 am
Halisonu5 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 am
Khayrulewara wrote:
Gujarkhan wrote:

I know tell.me about it. It's so stressful I have a disabled daughter with a heart condition and they don't give a damn. I also have another son too. And it is so hard I need my husband's support as it's hard looking after a disabled and 1 year old at same time. Wish we all get some good outcome coz I can't take no more I even contacted local mp but they can't do much. My husband applied from Pakistan in January. I got my docs bak 2nd month we even got call 2nd month from HO for phone interview me and my employer but that was 5 months ago. Apparently it's still in decision making. Really stressed atm
Yh that must be so hard...I look after my disabled mum...I work n also look after my little one...thats why life would be much easier and better with my husband around..n his support would mean alot to me....yh i had an interview 5 months ago too and then no contact at all...the guy who interviewed did say this is the last contact u will recieve n decision will be made shortly...which really got my hopes up...i also got mp involved but its like HO dont want to listen...they need to communicate more with us...but i do hope all of u waiting here get a good outcome insha allah

Gunner786
Mood:

Post by Gunner786 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:52 am

mysterylady11 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm
Gunner786 wrote:

Dear ######,

Same got mines after a month too which I thought was odd,Friday makes the 30 days so let’s see what happens.
Hopefully it was just the holidays that delayed it

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:52 am
mysterylady11 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm
Gunner786 wrote:

Dear ######,

Hopefully it was just the holidays that delayed it
Received an email today requesting additional documents as they were assessing the application .

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:24 am

Hope everyone is well!

Just wanted to ask if anybody who did their biometrics in Feburary 2018 has got a reply back.

Mine was done in 19-Feb-2018 and we are still waiting.

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 am

Very good news!!!! My husband was called to pick his passport on friday but the office was closed so he had to wait until today...went early in morning n visa is granted alhamdulilah from 5/9/2018!!!
Its been 8 n half months and 200 working days today....very long wait for us but really worth it....below is my timeline

Online application: 18/12/2017
Biometrics appointment:21/12/2017
Not straight forward email: 7/3/2018
Me n employer phoned for interview: 9/3/2018
Emailed and called them a few times...got mp involved with no success...last time we called was 3 weeks ago. Told decision will be made soon
Visa granted: 5/9/2018 went to pick up at 10/9/2018 (today)

Alhamdulillah so happy n thanks to u all here who have helped me alot n i will pray for u all too....have patience

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am

Halisonu5 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 am
Very good news!!!! My husband was called to pick his passport on friday but the office was closed so he had to wait until today...went early in morning n visa is granted alhamdulilah from 5/9/2018!!!
Its been 8 n half months and 200 working days today....very long wait for us but really worth it....below is my timeline

Online application: 18/12/2017
Biometrics appointment:21/12/2017
Not straight forward email: 7/3/2018
Me n employer phoned for interview: 9/3/2018
Emailed and called them a few times...got mp involved with no success...last time we called was 3 weeks ago. Told decision will be made soon
Visa granted: 5/9/2018 went to pick up at 10/9/2018 (today)

Alhamdulillah so happy n thanks to u all here who have helped me alot n i will pray for u all too....have patience

Mashallha that’s great News!!! very happy for you both.

Remember us in your duas and pray who ever is waiting for long get positive decisions soon.