ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application: But my wife is currently on a Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

22abhi22
Newly Registered
Mauritius

ILR Application: But my wife is currently on a Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Post by 22abhi22 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi All,

I am now eligible to apply for ILR as I have now legally been in the UK for 10 years. I am currently on a Tier 4 General visa which is due to expire in August 2020. My wife is on a Tier 4 dependent visa which also expires in August 2020. My wife will be eligible to apply for ILR in February 2019 (completing 10 years in the UK).

If my ILR application is successful in October 2018, it means that my visa status will change from Tier 4 General to ILR. My question is whether my wife can legally stay in the UK with the Tier 4 dependent visa until she waits to apply for ILR, even though I won't be on a Tier 4 General visa (as the main applicant)?

Please advise.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

eastwood
Mood:
China

Re: ILR Application: But my wife is currently on a Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Post by eastwood » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:33 pm

22abhi22 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm
Hi All,

I am now eligible to apply for ILR as I have now legally been in the UK for 10 years. I am currently on a Tier 4 General visa which is due to expire in August 2020. My wife is on a Tier 4 dependent visa which also expires in August 2020. My wife will be eligible to apply for ILR in February 2019 (completing 10 years in the UK).

If my ILR application is successful in October 2018, it means that my visa status will change from Tier 4 General to ILR. My question is whether my wife can legally stay in the UK with the Tier 4 dependent visa until she waits to apply for ILR, even though I won't be on a Tier 4 General visa (as the main applicant)?

Please advise.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
As far as I know she could stay on same visa if she does not plan to travel out of the UK. It is risky to travel out of the country. If she does plan to travel, she’d better switch to FLR(M)

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application: But my wife is currently on a Tier 4 Dependent Visa

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:40 am

DO NOT start a new post when you got advice in your previous post on the same topic :!: :!:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... 62645.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice