ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting my partner to visit the UK for a holiday

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Helen1981
Newly Registered

Inviting my partner to visit the UK for a holiday

Post by Helen1981 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi, I'm a British citizen and I'm wanting to invite my partner to visit the UK for Christmas. He has an African passport but he lives and works in France. At the moment he is in England studying until the beginning of December. Does he need to apply for a visa to visit me at Christmas or do we I just need to provide an invitation letter? Many thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Inviting my partner to visit the UK for a holiday

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm

He'd need a visit visa for the UK.

It will likely be declined if he tries to return to the UK almost immediately after leaving the UK at the end of his studies at the beginning of December.

You may want to look at spending Christmas with him in France.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

RockHouzy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by RockHouzy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 am

You can sponsor him, and go to UK visa council, don't to worry about any kind of paper work implementation because you are British citizen, Good Luck!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:07 pm

RockHouzy wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 am
You can sponsor him, and go to UK visa council, don't to worry about any kind of paper work implementation because you are British citizen, Good Luck!!
There are no concessions for a British citizen to be exempt from providing the required 'paperwork' to sponsor a visitor! There's no golden ticket :idea: :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.