ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What benefits can i claim?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tehan
Newly Registered

What benefits can i claim?

Post by tehan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 am

Hello Everyone,
I would like some help with information on claiming benefits. My current situation is :
1. I'm on ILR
2. My Spouse got dependent visa right now and says no resource to public funds ( eligible for ILR and will apply soon on long residency route)
3. I have 2 kids who are born in UK. one of them got dependent visa that says no resource to public funds and another one doesn't have any travel document right now as he was born after i applied for ILR. I will apply for their naturalization and passport soon.

Now my questions are :
1. what benefits can i claim?
2. as my spouse will apply for ILR on long residency route, will my claims effect on application?
3. can i claim child benefit for my kids?

It will be very helpfull if you can give me the correct information please.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What benefits can i claim?

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:57 am

1. Depends on your circumstances. Probably child benefit and the rest depends on your income.

2. No. However, if you claim child tax credits, this MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.

3. Yes in YOUR name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RockHouzy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by RockHouzy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:54 am

It depends on the facts on which you wants to claim your benefits, benefits is being promoted through out the session and then you'll start it under great estimations..

tehan
Newly Registered

Post by tehan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. I read that child benefit can be back dates upto 3 months. do I just change the date of the application when i Sign? or it will be back dated automatically? sorry if its a silly question. I'm very new to this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 am

Back dated automatically but only up to the date you got ILR if you got ILR recently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.