ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for dependent on T1 Ent - please advise

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Extension for dependent on T1 Ent - please advise

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:01 pm

hi all,

thank you for the previous support.

I am currently waiting for a decision on my Entrepreneur ILR, applied 3 months ago via post.

I have one dependent and she did not apply with me - not due for ILR as only entered route 1 year ago.

She needs an extension. Please advise what is the best way to proceed? Her current visa valid for only one more month.

- Wait another couple of weeks hoping the decision can be made and she can apply in person at the PEO office (subject to appointments of course).
- Or if applying by post while i havent yet got the decision - which form should be used please? I am a bit confused with a variety of them.
- Is there timeline for postal dependent?
- Until i get the decision on my application and if dependent posts her extension application, what happens in that case? Is the application shelved until main applicant ILR is decided?

many thanks for your help!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension for dependent on T1 Ent - please advise

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Please don't post PBS Dependent questions in the ILR sub forum. Topic moved to the Tier 1 Ent sub forum.
- Wait another couple of weeks hoping the decision can be made and she can apply in person at the PEO office (subject to appointments of course).
Your choice. She must apply before her current visa expires and you don't state what date it expires so we would just be guessing.
- Or if applying by post while i havent yet got the decision - which form should be used please? I am a bit confused with a variety of them.
Tier 1 Ent Dependent form.
It can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer (assuming your ILR is already approved). If your ILR is not approved yet, her application will be held until yours is decided. If your ILR is refused, her application will also likely fail.
- Until i get the decision on my application and if dependent posts her extension application, what happens in that case? Is the application shelved until main applicant ILR is decided?

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm
Please don't post PBS Dependent questions in the ILR sub forum. Topic moved to the Tier 1 Ent sub forum.
Your choice. She must apply before her current visa expires and you don't state what date it expires so we would just be guessing.
Tier 1 Ent Dependent form.
It can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer (assuming your ILR is already approved). If your ILR is not approved yet, her application will be held until yours is decided. If your ILR is refused, her application will also likely fail.

Yes.
many thanks for quick response. apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

She has exactly one month from today on her current dependent visa.

So T1 Ent Dependent paper form. I have found an option to apply online - is this also a correct one and an alternative? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Thanks for the approx timeline.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 pm

You can use the online form.

Hope you have been maintaining the maintenance funds for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 pm
You can use the online form.

Hope you have been maintaining the maintenance funds for her.
Thank you CR001, yes i was. We both maintained above £1000.

Can i double check just to be sure:
- The standard postal fee applying within the UK is £1,277 + £600 health surcharge?
- The maintenance required is £630 for the 3 months before application. Can this be in her account or mine, does it matter? We can show her or mine.
- It mentions also Priority service within 10 working days, but i can not find the cost of it online https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
- Do we need to submit anything else apart from maintenance, police cert, BRP, couple of bills at the same address, my BRP copy?
- What is the length of grant of leave if main applicant got ILR? is it 3 years?
- Do we need to do again documents as proof of relationship etc? we did the whole pack of that for initial PBS dependent.

many thanks! SR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:32 pm

- The standard postal fee applying within the UK is £1,277 + £600 health surcharge?
Correct.
- The maintenance required is £630 for the 3 months before application. Can this be in her account or mine, does it matter? We can show her or mine.
Doesn't matter, either account is fine.
- It mentions also Priority service within 10 working days, but i can not find the cost of it online https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
See point 3 below and the table.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -fees-2018
- Do we need to submit anything else apart from maintenance, police cert, BRP, couple of bills at the same address, my BRP copy?
Police cert from home country not required as far as I understand for extensions. Proof of cohabitation yes since she arrived. You need to reference your ILR application and case ID so they are aware.
- What is the length of grant of leave if main applicant got ILR? is it 3 years?
Yes three years as the immigration rules state.
- Do we need to do again documents as proof of relationship etc? we did the whole pack of that for initial PBS dependent.
No. Only proof of cohabitation within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 pm

thank you very much for your help CR001!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

good night everyone,

a quick question as i am a bit confused. Relates to this same topic.

When we would like to simply book an appointment for in person premium centre for PBS dependent extension same day application, how can we book it, without first filling in all online form? (opting out to bring paper one with us?).

Will appreciate an advise!

SR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 pm
Book an appointment per link below.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

Paper form link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

Pay IHS fee per link below.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
thank you so much - this is very useful!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi all, will appreciate quick check whether we have everything right for the pbs dependent extension application for my partner? recently received ILR on entrepreneur.

My documents

1. Recent ILR got on 5 years Entrepreneur tier 1 (dated sept 2018) – original and copy
2. Passport – original and copy
3. Last 3 months Payslips
4. Last 3 months statements
5. Proof of address (bank statement, council tax letter, water bill)

Dependent documents

1. Current passport original and copy
2. Current BRP original and copy
3. Paper application form
4. Police certificate
5. Proof of HIS payment and premium appointment form payment and checklist
6. Bank statement 3 months with maintenance funds (over £1000 across 3 months)
7. 3 months Payslips for employment
8. Letter from employer with salary and current residential address
9. Other address proofs –
10. Marriage certificate original and copy (already provided as part of initial in the UK switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1 E dependent)
11. 2 passport size photos

Do we need a criminal record certificate? My dependent was in country since 2010 continuously. My understanding is that not required due to in-country extension and was not needed at previous switch in sept 2017 too.

Also, please confirm we do not need to demonstrate relationship as this is an extension and we did demonstrate this before in 2017?

How many cohabitation bills do we really need and for how long a period? we do not have many actually (statements from banks really as we live in rented apartment with landlord paying for all bills).

thank you so much,

SR

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:42 pm

any help on the above list will be appreciated! :)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm

as our appointment date fast approaching, i will be hugely thankful for checking over the checklist please! :)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:50 pm

hello, any advise on the list above please? our appointment is next week..

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 pm

You literally only need the travel documents (Passport, BRP) for the two of you, maintenance funds, IHS, application fee and of course, the application form.

All other documents are optional
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.