ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mariola
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by mariola » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:48 am

shaz429 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:53 pm
Hi,

I recently filled online application but here it's asking for Two referee declarations, although I entered two referees details but now how did get them signed or signature field is appeared on the form after printing...?

Secondly, countersignatory must be professional for British Passport form or any British passport holder can sign ..?

Regards,
Shaz
Regarding Referees signatures, after you submit the online form, PDFs will be generated for Referees. You should print them and you can take their signatures.

Regarding Referees eligibilty, I believe there is information on this and other related threads on this forum.
Unfortunately, I can not remember the details.

Good Luck with your application.

Cheers

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Is there a timeline pattern from when the passport fee is taken to receiving the approval?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Ranna wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm
Is there a timeline pattern from when the passport fee is taken to receiving the approval?
No -the two are not related.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm
Ranna wrote:
But I guess it means they are processing the application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Ranna wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm
Ranna wrote:
But I guess it means they are processing the application ?
Passport fee being deducted is not an indication of imminent citizenship approval. If you applied using the joint process, the fees are deducted regardless. Please wait to hear back from HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Biika
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Biika » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am

Hello. My hubby now applying online for naturalization. He have Biometric permanent residence card , like EU family member. He stuck on question
"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No? "
What he should answer?Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 am

Biika wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am
Hello. My hubby now applying online for naturalization. He have Biometric permanent residence card , like EU family member. He stuck on question
"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No? "
What he should answer?Thank you.
It is YES and you list all applications he has made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stormystorms
Newly Registered

Post by stormystorms » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi there

In the question, "Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

Should I include my very first tourist visa application in 2012? (I moved to the UK via spouse visa in 2013).

Thanks!

Adamantium
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Adamantium » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 am
Mine referees were both British so I've included both passports details. One is a teacher and another a company director.
As for the question How do they know me I've indicated they they are both my friends - I think that should be enough. If HO wants to more they can contact them at any time.

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks. They only took 2 pictures. I've submitted my application on the 25th of July and it's a waiting game now :)
Hi Adamantium,

Thanks for the update, good to know, I will take the 3 that my Local Council has requested I take.

Just started filling in the Online Application, could I ask you some info please, just curious to know what you filled in Online for the Referees per my Topic I posted:-

british-citizenship/professional-refere ... l#p1666028

Appreciated if you could give me some feedback, having completed your Application Online.

Don't want to re-post and make trouble. :)

Thanking you,

Cheers
Hi Adamantium,

Thank you for the reply, appreciated.

Both of mine are also British so will give Passport details, the professional referee I will put Family Friend and Company Director, and the non-professional I will put Next-door Neighbour and IT Technician.

Thanks and cheers.
Just got my approval letter! 50 days after submitting application. Huge weight off my shoulders.

Thanks everyone, this forum was very helpful.

Good luck guys.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 am
Mine referees were both British so I've included both passports details. One is a teacher and another a company director.
As for the question How do they know me I've indicated they they are both my friends - I think that should be enough. If HO wants to more they can contact them at any time.

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi Adamantium,

Thanks for the update, good to know, I will take the 3 that my Local Council has requested I take.

Just started filling in the Online Application, could I ask you some info please, just curious to know what you filled in Online for the Referees per my Topic I posted:-

british-citizenship/professional-refere ... l#p1666028

Appreciated if you could give me some feedback, having completed your Application Online.

Don't want to re-post and make trouble. :)

Thanking you,

Cheers
Hi Adamantium,

Thank you for the reply, appreciated.

Both of mine are also British so will give Passport details, the professional referee I will put Family Friend and Company Director, and the non-professional I will put Next-door Neighbour and IT Technician.

Thanks and cheers.
Just got my approval letter! 50 days after submitting application. Huge weight off my shoulders.

Thanks everyone, this forum was very helpful.

Good luck guys.
Congrats and well done Adamantium, good going, well done mate.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Hello All,
Can someone advise me who has used the NDRS-JCAP arrangement if they needing three or 4 passports. I am getting conflicting information all over.
Thank you

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:05 pm

IJOS wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 pm
Hello All,
Can someone advise me who has used the NDRS-JCAP arrangement if they needing three or 4 passports. I am getting conflicting information all over.
Thank you
Check your Local Council's website, my email confirmation said 3 as did their website initially, and on a later look back it had changed to 4. I then phoned them and they confirmed I needed 4.

Cheers

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 am

Hi

Anyone having issue with MN1 online application payment page. I was trying since 1 hour but it won't go further after choosing card type and than error ?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 pm

regularuser wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 am
Hi

Anyone having issue with MN1 online application payment page. I was trying since 1 hour but it won't go further after choosing card type and than error ?
Hi regularuser,

Did you come right with the online application payment page, or still an issue? Is it perhaps a browser issue or not?

Cheers

Ancestor

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Looks like technical issue after around 2 hours finally card details page appeared.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm

regularuser wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:55 pm
Looks like technical issue after around 2 hours finally card details page appeared.
Thanks regularuser, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

lileyla
Newly Registered

Post by lileyla » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:15 am

Dear all,
Quick question - I'm filling out the AN form online and with the question about your whereabouts / absences of the country it won't let me add more than 31 entries / 131 days of being absent - but this time does not cover the last 5 years. Do you think I should send another list of my absences for the remainder of the 5 years as part of my evidences? Or is that not needed?
Many thanks!

abby2shabby
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by abby2shabby » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi, I'm a bit stuck. Under the address section, it has asked if I have lived at my current address for 5 years... and I have but when I was at university, I lived in halls and student accommodation as well. Obviously, these addresses were my temporary addresses but I'm not sure how to put them in or if I should even put them in. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!

Adamantium
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Adamantium » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Weatherwitch wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm
Fffv wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi ! I have completed my online application form and I have all the necessary documents sorted and ready to go.
I'm using the NCS so I have to wait a few weeks before submitting it.

There's one question that i'm not to sure of:

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Does the application for the RESIDENCE CARD counts ?

Thank You!
Any and all applications you have made to the home office
Oh bugger. I selected "NO" because I thought this was asking if I'd tried to apply for citizenship before. I'm an EU citizen and do have a permanent residence card that I applied for through the home office. This is really confusing though as I obviously entered the number in the online form so they do know I've got it. Am I totally screwed now???
I wouldn't worry about it, I've made exactly the same mistake and application was still successful.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:08 pm

IJOS wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you
For my application required 3 photographs (2 for referee and one for passport). My method was online+NDRS+JCP. But please check with your local council.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:23 pm

vaibhavg18mau wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:08 pm
IJOS wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you
For my application required 3 photographs (2 for referee and one for passport). My method was online+NDRS+JCP. But please check with your local council.
My email confirmation from the council said 3, their website said 3, I happened to look back on their website, saw it had changed to 4, so I phoned them (registrar) and confirmed they needed 4.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:23 pm
vaibhavg18mau wrote:
IJOS wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you
My email confirmation from the council said 3, their website said 3, I happened to look back on their website, saw it had changed to 4, so I phoned them (registrar) and confirmed they needed 4.
ok, good. Remember all 4 photographs should be same (i.e from same set of photographs)

kh2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by kh2018 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 am

Apologies if this question has been answered before (I did try looking but couldn't find the answer). I am submitting an online naturalisation application for myself, wife, and son. The online application clearly allows me to fill in details for all three of us, and shows fees appropriate to 3 applicants. However, on looking through the NDRS guidelines for the local council, I am told that I need to fill out a *separate* application form for each adult. Clearly I am misunderstanding something - do I need to fill out another online form for my wife?
Thanks.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 am

vaibhavg18mau wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:23 pm
vaibhavg18mau wrote:
IJOS wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you
ok, good. Remember all 4 photographs should be same (i.e from same set of photographs)

Thanks all for the response