ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stages Of Retention

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: EU5 Cover letter format

Post by Mal111 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:17 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm
@Mal111: there is nothing to catch and I never tried to give or write wrong information. on this blog i'm almost from more then 2 years.. my wife work as translator (can speak russian, polish, latvian and estonian.) these days originally from Estonia, born and bottom poland, holding polish passport, that was the reason I used baltic country first and then poland, and if I wrote somewhere estonia then this will truely mistake. I don't know should i call her estonian or polish.. anyways that's the details..
apologies if I gave you sceptical impression
thanks for your help

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:24 pm

no you are right.. there was mistake from my side..

whoever is applying for decree ask them to not sign anything, as i wrote what mess those solicitors can do.. all my divorce issue was handle from office on xxxxxxxxxxxx i can't write name.. so be carefull and be aware..

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:41 pm

so lets say if they havnt made that mistake on wording and the court issue you divorce on 04th june 2018 when would you have received the decree

all I am trying to get at is generally how long it take from court decision to receiving decree in your hand.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:20 am

4 to 6 weeks(including Hard copy, translation, apostile) that's what I heard from people who I'm dealing with. lets see I'm waiting. will update you once I get any update.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Stages Of Retention

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:56 am

I submit my Retention Application EU5 week ago. wondering now what to expect from Department?? any first Stage letter OR Straight away decision Approve OR NOT after 6 to 7 months?? do they send any temporary visa??

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Re: Stages Of Retention

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:13 am

Dear admins,

If you have to merge Same topic posts into one then please categories the forum on home Ireland homepage(below is the simple idea). that will save everyone's time. and people will type in that specific topic. Thanks.

1. EU 3
2. EU 5
3. EU 1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:17 pm

We don't need yet more topics that become a mishmash of posts and low value 'any updates', 'still waiting' comments. Some members seem incapable of posting correctly and sticking to their own topics so that any members who wish to answer can get the full picture of their circumstances.

Multiple Topics/Posts (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:04 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:56 am
I submit my Retention Application EU5 week ago. wondering now what to expect from Department?? any first Stage letter OR Straight away decision Approve OR NOT after 6 to 7 months?? do they send any temporary visa??

Hi Finalversion,

Personal experience, applied retention bases on divorced with eu got temp stamp4 for 10 months in 3 weeks, it's took 7 months for 10 years stamp4 eufam.
Make sure cover all with resided till divorced concluded and eu presence In state then you should be fine , if she left during divorce process till decree then is big problem ,

Good luck

Regards Grace

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks @Grace620.

To be really frank I'm lil confused how my solicitor was handling the case.. like, I bring big file of proofs Before and After Divorce and she returned almost half of after divorce documents(payslips, bills), and said for now we don't need this.. She wrote good cover letter, mentioned and add proofs that I was volunteer helping charity Organizations, Earn good and have lot to offer to state.. In cover letter she reference Article 8 of human Rights. I questioned her why we are not giving reference of EEA Regul 13 Reference?? she said I know what I'm doing. anyways lets see...

Any specific reason why they give 10 months stamp?? how much time retention took I remember you mentioned somewhere 6 months, is this correct??

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:37 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm
Thanks @Grace620.

To be really frank I'm lil confused how my solicitor was handling the case.. like, I bring big file of proofs Before and After Divorce and she returned almost half of after divorce documents(payslips, bills), and said for now we don't need this.. She wrote good cover letter, mentioned and add proofs that I was volunteer helping charity Organizations, Earn good and have lot to offer to state.. In cover letter she reference Article 8 of human Rights. I questioned her why we are not giving reference of EEA Regul 13 Reference?? she said I know what I'm doing. anyways lets see...

Any specific reason why they give 10 months stamp?? how much time retention took I remember you mentioned somewhere 6 months, is this correct??

Finalversion, I believe you chosed good credible solicitor firm !
Once someone applied for retention basis of divorced must have documents ( 3 different proof- PRTB lease, bills or p60s or P21 for established you been living together married to day of sepretion)

After divorce docs ( divorce decree + judgement translated in English and proof of EU spouse stated in country when divorce concluded date ) can be pay slips or letter from Employer of Eu spouse .

I have given all above in once office only requested me to if could send payslips from start of divorce to end of decree issued , I presented end of divorce 4 payslips and Letter from work employment .

All above accepted and issued 6 week stamp says retention accepted now process started EU3,

After retention 6 week stamp4 issued

EU3 applied same time revived 10 month stamp4 .
6th month time PR card issued 10 years

Hope all goes well for u

Regards Grace

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:54 am

Thanks @Grace620, really appreciate your detail reply, definitely helpful.

about solicitor firm is this question or your thoughts?? As I met couple of 4 to 5 famous solicitors but wasn't satisfied, as they gave me false hopes of workpermit and Other void ideas and then step back when i said okay lets go for it.. this solicitor who's dealing my case open new office, just one room.. but she have around 10 years of experience, and I heard positive response so far from everyone..

I didn't submit the divorce documents as I'm still waiting, hopefully in next 10 days documents will be issue. so do you think when I'll send the divorce documents should I also send her after divorce payslips, and GP Receipt, blood test reports? OR wait for department to ask?? if department not satisfy do they ask for more evidence OR just decision on whatever we sent?? now as I submit the application so what should i expect from department, Any Application Acknowledgment letter, Or any other letter??

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:54 am

about solicitor firm is this question or your thoughts?? As I met couple of 4 to 5 famous solicitors but wasn't satisfied, as they gave me false hopes of workpermit and Other void ideas and then step back when i said okay lets go for it.. this solicitor who's dealing my case open new office, just one room.. but she have around 10 years of experience, and I heard positive response so far from everyone..

I didn't submit the divorce documents as I'm still waiting, hopefully in next 10 days documents will be issue. so do you think when I'll send the divorce documents should I also send her after divorce payslips, and GP Receipt, blood test reports? OR wait for department to ask?? if department not satisfy do they ask for more evidence OR just decision on whatever we sent?? now as I submit the application so what should i expect from department, Any Application Acknowledgment letter, Or any other letter??

Hi Finalversion No problem.
I guess who can be dealing with case familiar to me , she is good if the one who I think.

You should waited for decree to arrived and then submitted file, but not too worry they will ask you about required doc's decree etc.

Just wait stay positive you will be hear back once they received your required doc's.

Whatever you have blood test , letter , payslips etc send them once they asked have them no excuse .

I would hold on for them for 6 months or timeframe then contact , ask them anything before time would be negative .

Stay blessed

Regards Grace

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 am

finalversion_2k wrote:

finalversion_2k wrote:

Hi Finalversion No problem.
I guess who can be dealing with case familiar to me , she is good if the one who I think.

You should waited for decree to arrived and then submitted file, but not too worry they will ask you about required doc's decree etc.

Just wait stay positive you will be hear back once they received your required doc's.

Whatever you have blood test , letter , payslips etc send them once they asked have them no excuse .

I would hold on for them for 6 months or timeframe then contact , ask them anything before time would be negative .

Stay blessed

Regards Grace

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks @Grace620.

I received the Scan copy of divorce documents and solicitor said he will post this week and end of next week or coming will receive here in ireland.

Kind Regards,

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:41 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am
Thanks @Grace620.

I received the Scan copy of divorce documents and solicitor said he will post this week and end of next week or coming will receive here in ireland.

Kind Regards,
Thats very good to hear- be positive will be good new.

Regard Grace

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:21 am

finalversion

can you tell me how the decree of divorce looks like from Poland ?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Send you message..

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi,

so I have received some response from Department about my EU5 application. wondering is it normal OR I'm in trouble??

they request to submit below documents. where as I submit some of documents already. but they request again.

- Evidence of date of initiation of Divorce. (Q: I submit the Divorce documents(translation and Original), and on that mentioned, the proceeding date of Divorce and decision date, do I need to submit any other documents?? OR or how can I prove date of initiation )

- p 60 for all previous years. (Q: I don't have all of those as she wasn't working for 2 years, I was working and we both were medically insured, will this work??)

- letter from landlord from 2015 to 2017 (Q: the time when we move to house, landlord give us Contract, PRTB.. and we didn't ask him to give new contract OR PRTB every year.. what to do?? will this be problem??)

- payslips for each employment. (Q: I can provide 2014, 2017 and 2018.. will this be okay or should i provide any other documents??)

- signed letter of employment with full contract details. (Q: she quit that job recently last month, so employer will give the contract OR should i attached P45?? )

- utility bills 2015, 2016 (I have all.)

thanks,
kind Regards

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:43 pm

ANSWER TO QUESTION 1) WHEN HER SOLICITOR SUBMITTED THE DIVORCE IN COURT THEY MUST HAVE STAMPED THE DOCUMENT WITH THE DATE AND THE SOLICITOR MUST HAVE A COPY YOU SHOULD PROVIDE THEM WITH THAT AND ALSO GET HER SOLICITOR TO WRITE A LETTER CONFIRMING THE DATE OF INNITIATION OF DIVORCE HAVE IT ALSO TRANSLATED

ANSWER TO QUESTION 2) PROVIDE THEM WITH YOUR P60S AND THE MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR BOTH OF YOU also Write a cover letter that for the period she was unemployed in those years your wife was residing with sufficient resources and you were the source of thosefunds ( there was a court case and the judge ruled that non eu income should also be consider as eu citizen resource of funds)

ANSWER TO QUESTION 3) ASK YOUR LAND LORD TO GIVE YOU A LETTER CONFIRMING YOU WERE RESIDING IN HIS PROPERTY FROM XXXX TO YYYYY THAT SHOULD SUFFICE ALSO PRTB IS NOT ISSUED EVERY YEAR BUT ONLY ONCE PER PROPERTY FOR FOUR YEARS

ANSWER TO QUESTION 4) PROVIDE ALL THE PAYSLIPS YOU HAVE WITH A COVER NOTE THAT FOR THE PERIOD EU SPOUSE WAS NOT WORKING YOU WERE THE SOURCE OF HER FUNDS.
ANSWER TO QUESTION 5) ASK HER EMPLOYER TO GIVE A LETTER IN WHICH CLEARLY STATE DATE OF EMPLOYEMENT ENDED WITH THAT ATTACH A COVER NOTE SAYING THAT AT THE TIME OF DIVORCE YOUR SPOUSE WAS IN EMPLOYMENT AND WAS EXERCISING HEREU TREATY RIGHTS.

My recommendation: use your solicitor they have asked as many documents as they can from you this shows they are not looking at you favourably.
Also im no expert and above is only opinion so maybe wait for senior members

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:43 pm
ANSWER TO QUESTION 1) WHEN HER SOLICITOR SUBMITTED THE DIVORCE IN COURT THEY MUST HAVE STAMPED THE DOCUMENT WITH THE DATE AND THE SOLICITOR MUST HAVE A COPY YOU SHOULD PROVIDE THEM WITH THAT AND ALSO GET HER SOLICITOR TO WRITE A LETTER CONFIRMING THE DATE OF INNITIATION OF DIVORCE HAVE IT ALSO TRANSLATED

ANSWER TO QUESTION 2) PROVIDE THEM WITH YOUR P60S AND THE MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR BOTH OF YOU also Write a cover letter that for the period she was unemployed in those years your wife was residing with sufficient resources and you were the source of thosefunds ( there was a court case and the judge ruled that non eu income should also be consider as eu citizen resource of funds)

ANSWER TO QUESTION 3) ASK YOUR LAND LORD TO GIVE YOU A LETTER CONFIRMING YOU WERE RESIDING IN HIS PROPERTY FROM XXXX TO YYYYY THAT SHOULD SUFFICE ALSO PRTB IS NOT ISSUED EVERY YEAR BUT ONLY ONCE PER PROPERTY FOR FOUR YEARS

ANSWER TO QUESTION 4) PROVIDE ALL THE PAYSLIPS YOU HAVE WITH A COVER NOTE THAT FOR THE PERIOD EU SPOUSE WAS NOT WORKING YOU WERE THE SOURCE OF HER FUNDS.
ANSWER TO QUESTION 5) ASK HER EMPLOYER TO GIVE A LETTER IN WHICH CLEARLY STATE DATE OF EMPLOYEMENT ENDED WITH THAT ATTACH A COVER NOTE SAYING THAT AT THE TIME OF DIVORCE YOUR SPOUSE WAS IN EMPLOYMENT AND WAS EXERCISING HEREU TREATY RIGHTS.

My recommendation: use your solicitor they have asked as many documents as they can from you this shows they are not looking at you favourably.
Also im no expert and above is only opinion so maybe wait for senior members
Kindly refrain from posting in CAPITALS, it is difficult to read and the same as SHOUTING.

announcements/read-before-you-post-neti ... 75081.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 pm

apologies I didn't notice while typing il be more careful in future

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 pm

thanks Mal111 for your Answers. really appreciate that..

Question 1: divorce was initiated from my side and my solicitor already provide me letter but there isn't any stamp. should I submit that??

Question 2: would you know that court decision OR case history??

At the time of submission my solicitor submitted half of the documents and return remaining. I remember she told me let them review and com back to us.. if they will need anything we will forward them. but for now that's enough. today I heard another shocking thing, I asked her that am I trouble after that letter and she said no, this letter is sign we step in the right direction, as these days they are not processing some EU5 cases because of sham marriages..

normally first letter what they send, is always like that? requesting as many documents as they can?

Thanks once again Mal111.. will appreciate other member thoughts as well. :)

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:14 pm

yes get a letter from your solicitor

but i think you should send a PM to alixlboy he has his application of retention approved and his divorce was also in another eu country he will advise you better on initiation date
im looking for the court case you should google it too use words like ‘’ source of funds eu non eu citizen’’ im certain its out there somewhere because i read that whole article year ago

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:16 pm

thanks @Mal111.

will ping Alixlboy.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:20 pm

found it !!
look at obie post on main page Changes in relation to Retained Right following Divorce
go to the bottom of his post you will see The CJEU gave their answers in the Summer of 2015.

click on that then go to the bottom of that judgement and you will find this below

2. Article 7(1)(b) of Directive 2004/38 must be interpreted as meaning that a Union citizen has sufficient resources for himself and his family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State during his period of residence even where those resources derive in part from those of his spouse who is a third-country national.

I told you I have read it somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol: