ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Romanian wife??

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clizzle19
Newly Registered

My Romanian wife??

Post by clizzle19 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi all i have just joined this site as i need some advice on something,
I have just married a Romanian woman i have been with for 2 years, she says she thinks that we need to register our wedding in Romania, but i dont think we do,
I am British and was born here in the UK she is from Bacau in Romania and plans to stay in the UK with me and our baby when he is born in November.
Do we need to get the marriage certificate translated and registered over there also when our baby is born (in UK) do we need to register him in Romania too??
Does she need to change her ID card??
We have asked the Romanian Embassy and they sent a massive email in Romanian and she doesn't understand it and obviously i can't read it..

its really confusing but I personally don't think we have to do any of this?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: My Romanian wife??

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:43 am

As your questions are about Romanian laws and procedures, moving this thread to the Europe immigration forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am

It is recommended to register but not an obligation:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/f ... dex_en.htm
clizzle19 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 pm
Hi all i have just joined this site as i need some advice on something,
I have just married a Romanian woman i have been with for 2 years, she says she thinks that we need to register our wedding in Romania, but i dont think we do,
I am British and was born here in the UK she is from Bacau in Romania and plans to stay in the UK with me and our baby when he is born in November.
Do we need to get the marriage certificate translated and registered over there also when our baby is born (in UK) do we need to register him in Romania too??
Does she need to change her ID card??
We have asked the Romanian Embassy and they sent a massive email in Romanian and she doesn't understand it and obviously i can't read it..

its really confusing but I personally don't think we have to do any of this?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section
Thanks

RockHouzy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by RockHouzy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 am

You sponsor through British council, and there are not an assumption to translated that certificate, there are some immigration laws that your wife also follow through Romanian council depart,.through your side this is quite easy to get your wife in UK.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:30 am

She is Romanian. She doesn't need him to "get in the UK".
RockHouzy wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 am
You sponsor through British council, and there are not an assumption to translated that certificate, there are some immigration laws that your wife also follow through Romanian council depart,.through your side this is quite easy to get your wife in UK.