ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Online Application Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IJOS

Help with Online Application Questions

Post by IJOS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Hello All,
I have just gotten my ILR and want to apply for naturalisation based on being a spouse and I have a few questions. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time? I have a husband,not sure if that counts as a dependant and a child both are British, do I answer yes or no to this question?

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? I am not sure if to say yes and select what best closely fits my case( I had a fine for prohibited right turn sometime in 2015 and was given a fine of 50 bucks, if i remember correctly the paper said conditional offer of fixed notice something like that. Do I say no and go somewhere and write about the fine or do I select the option that says A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance even though its not the same thing?

Also when it comes to employment, I have been with the same company since I started work though I got moved from one business entity to the other say ABC offshore services UK to ABC ltd UK, do i just write this as one employer or break it down.nothing else changed or can I attach my employer letter I used for my ILR where everything is clearly stated.

I will appreciate if I can get clear answers on this.
Thank you aall

IJOS

Re: Help with Online Application Questions

Post by IJOS » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am

Can someone help with these questions please? Thank you

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm

IJOS wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Hello All,
I have just gotten my ILR and want to apply for naturalisation based on being a spouse and I have a few questions. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time? I have a husband,not sure if that counts as a dependant and a child both are British, do I answer yes or no to this question?

If they both have British passports then the answer is NO.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? I am not sure if to say yes and select what best closely fits my case( I had a fine for prohibited right turn sometime in 2015 and was given a fine of 50 bucks, if i remember correctly the paper said conditional offer of fixed notice something like that. Do I say no and go somewhere and write about the fine or do I select the option that says A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance even though its not the same thing?

Select 'Something else' and explain in it.

Also when it comes to employment, I have been with the same company since I started work though I got moved from one business entity to the other say ABC offshore services UK to ABC ltd UK, do i just write this as one employer or break it down.nothing else changed or can I attach my employer letter I used for my ILR where everything is clearly stated.

If the name of the employer is same on your all pay slips then write the single employer.

I will appreciate if I can get clear answers on this.
Thank you aall

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:39 am

Hello Tier1g09
Thank you very much for responding.

As regards the driving offence question, something else is only an option after you have selecting driving penalty, it is not a stand alone option. So do I select yes then something else. I feel like i may be overthinking this. There is an option for NO but no where to explain