ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character Concern

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jleeez
Newly Registered
Singapore

Good character Concern

Post by jleeez » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:49 am

Hi guys,

been pretty much a silent reader in this very helpful forum. I am planning to apply for BC in the future. However, I do have a few minor issues with conviction and ccj. Just wondering if anyone can advise me if my application will be refused.

Driving without insurance (2008) Young and stupid.
Council tax non payment x 2 (both in 2007) paid and settled very soon after
CCJ (2014) Paid and settled very soon after. Wasn't even aware of the judgement until much later.

PCN x 9 (2014) I sold my car and the new buyer drove past congestion charge zone without knowing he needs to pay in the first 2 weeks. I didn't challenged it because it was paid by the new buyer straight after and considered the matter settled.

PCN Parkings maybe 3 or 4 over the years. (all paid on time)

Late income tax payment fine (paid the fine)

To be honest, I am really concern that I may be seen as having a bad character (although I do try my best to avoid all of these).

I am particularly concern about the PCNs from TFL which are 9 of them (I can find any examples or similar situation from other post in this forum)

Can anyone advise or let me know if my application are likely to be accepted or refused ? it's honestly giving me a bit of a sleepless night at the moment. hence 3am post. Thanks.

Jean

IJOS

Re: Good character Concern

Post by IJOS » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am

i honestly cannot say yes or no, but in regards to the 9 pcns, since the car no longer belonged to you, why are you bothered about this. The PCN is to the registered driver. Can you provide proof of sale and transfer of ownership?

jleeez
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by jleeez » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:56 pm

thanks for your reply.

I believe, the contravention happened before the paperwork was updated. I gave the logbook to the agent who sold it. So, the PCN came to my address with my name. I am not sure If i can even provide a sale or transfer, I have a sale and return agreement (which doesn't say it was sold) just a piece of paper that says, they will help me sell it and if not, they will return the car to me.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Should not be problem as long as it's not issued by police