ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collection problem

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jac_93
Newly Registered

BRP collection problem

Post by Jac_93 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 am

Hi There!

I have been successful in my Tier 5 VISA application. However, I picking up my BRP is an issue.
I land in London on the 20th June - then leave for Europe on the 26th June - my BRP will not be ready until the 27th June.
I will be returning to London on the 9th August, obviously this exceeds to 10 day period in which I am required to pick up my BRP.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
Jac

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP collection problem

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

Suggest delay your departure for Europe as you won't be able to re-enter the UK on your Tier 5 without your BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jac_93
Newly Registered

Post by Jac_93 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:10 am

Oh no! I already have a Topdeck Trip paid for!

Do you know if there is another alternative?
Can I nominate someone to pick it up?
Or pick it up early?

Stressing out haha

Your help would be much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:53 am

They need to confirm your identity when you pick up your BRP (letter and passport to be provided).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jac_93
Newly Registered

Post by Jac_93 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Thank for your suggestions!
Good news, UKGOV got back to me and are arranging an earlier collection :D

For people reading this in same situation I have come to the following conclusions:
1. I think this happens to a few people - I have talked to 2 others going through the same thing..you're not alone!
2.I suggest you email UKGOV as soon as you find out there is a BRP collection problem. Follow the links on their website. They then told me to email them within 7 days of arrival in UK to follow up the issue...I eventually I got a good response :)
3. A friend in the same situation was lucky enough that by chance her BRP was ready earlier than expected - she just went into post office and it was there!
4. If you are not confident in leaving it to the later stages of travel you can re-apply for Express VISA with new dates - unfortunately you will have to pay though
5. Before my confirmation email, I had come to terms I would have to delay Europe travel for a couple of days - yes - it's not ideal, but Europe will still be there a few days later!

Goodluck :)

sharonnie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by sharonnie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi,
I understand this is an old thread but desperately need answer as i have the same problem.

How did you get the UKGOV to arrange an earlier collection?

I emailed the UKVI (you have to pay to email now) and they just emailed back saying i can't collect earlier.

Should i try again? As i just need to collect it 3 days earlier than my stated date.