ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse of british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rogerr
France

spouse of british citizen

Post by rogerr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:11 pm

hi to all

i have a friend who is a spouse of a british citizen since 2013 . he got ILR last week valid for 6 year and he want to apply for naturalisation through NCS .

1) how long ILR brp card suppose to be 10 year or 6 year ?

2) what he should to do to apply and what document required for him and how long have to wait from ILR issued to apply ?

3) what he should to prove to NCS he has right to apply immediatly for naturalisation without waiting to 12 month ?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse of british citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 pm

1. It is valid till 31 December 2024 as that is the time set for all biometric documents (passports and BRP cards) to be updated with new security features. It is the BRP card that expires NOT the ILR status.

2. Read form AN and the guidance and booklet. If he is married to a British citizen, he can apply immediately provided he meets the 3 year spouse of BC requirements.

3. Nothing he needs to 'prove'.

4. Why can your 'friend' not register on the forum and ask their own questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.