ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - EUROSTAR travel ticket

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tomdavis

Schengen - Pregnancy Travel Insurance

Post by tomdavis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 am

Hi,

Me and my wife wants to visit European countries. She is 25 weeks pregnant. We live in UK but not it’s citizen. I contacted Mawista travel insurer (mentioned in schengen visa website) but they don’t cover existing pregnancy. We want to enter France or Switzerland first.

1. Can u plz tel which travel insurance company can cover pregnancy?

2. What other documents are required?

3. Does she need certificate of being fit by GP (doctor)?

4. Is it good to just reserve the hotel and flight booking OR shall we pay the actual ticket?

My mother is in our home country. She has 6 months Uk visa. She came to Uk last month and went back.

She will apply schengen visa from home country , then come back to Uk and we all go to France or Switzerland together.

5. Is it fine if she comes to Uk first or she has to go to France or Switzerland directly?

Thanks
Tom

Thanks
Sarah

tomdavis

Re: Schengen - Pregnancy Travel Insurance

Post by tomdavis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 am

6. Can we book Eurostar tickets for reservation or only flight tickets are required?

Thanks

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Plz correct me if I am getting confused.

Does my wife really need pregnancy cover travel insurance? I am unable to find the licensed travel insurance company in Uk whose insurance will work in all the European countries and which covers pregnancy.
(Just want to know if we don’t need pregnancy cover at all and a normal travel insurance is sufficient)

OR

Just A certificate by GP (doctor) will be sufficient enough stating that she is fit to fly.

Also, what should be the format of the certificate?

Thanks
Tom

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

A travel insurance with an insurance coverage of upto €25-30k (you should verify this) should be enough to get the visa. Never heard of a "pregnancy specific insurance" requirement.

No one will care if she is "fit" enough to travel re: immigration (ie: travel) purposes.

Your relative can come to UK first before flying together to any Schengen state.

Reservation should be good enough but embassy might want you to book the tickets

You should check the relevant embassy's / visa agencies website for documents you will need.
tomdavis wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm
Plz correct me if I am getting confused.

Does my wife really need pregnancy cover travel insurance? I am unable to find the licensed travel insurance company in Uk whose insurance will work in all the European countries and which covers pregnancy.
(Just want to know if we don’t need pregnancy cover at all and a normal travel insurance is sufficient)

OR

Just A certificate by GP (doctor) will be sufficient enough stating that she is fit to fly.

Also, what should be the format of the certificate?

Thanks
Tom

tomdavis

Schengen Visa - EUROSTAR travel ticket

Post by tomdavis » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi all,

I live in Uk.

1) Do I need to show only real flight bookings for Schengen Visa or dummy tickets are acceptable?

2) do I need to submit only flight tickets OR can I show EUROSTAR tickets?

We want to visit France by Eurostar. On google I can see only “flight bookings”.

Plz guide.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Schengen Visa - EUROSTAR travel ticket

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:08 pm

tomdavis wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:49 pm
2) do I need to submit only flight tickets OR can I show EUROSTAR tickets?
You should be able to show Eurostar tickets too.
tomdavis wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:49 pm
We want to visit France by Eurostar. On google I can see only “flight bookings”
Go to the Eurostar website directly?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.