ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen with Indian Wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobby_107
Newly Registered
Mood:

British Citizen with Indian Wife

Post by Bobby_107 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 am

Greetings All!

I am a British citizen holding UK passport, I am an IT-Consultant married to an Indian woman and we have 2 babies

The problem in applying for her UK spouse dependent visa is she is not meeting English language skills and she might need another year to complete her Bachelors degree in English medium (she is scared of taking IELTS English exam which is an alternative exam to meet English language requirements to apply for dependent spouse visa)

As Babies and Wife are in India , I am bit desperate to bring them t Europe,

*** Could you please suggest if I get an IT job anywhere in Europe, Do the companies sponsor family visa for my wife and babies? As I have British passport they may not need to sponsor my visa so I am confused if anyone can sponsor dependent visas for wife and babies Unless if any country sponsor work permit for me and then sponsor family visas too.

Any info is highly appreciated

Best Regards
Bobby

secret.simon

Re: British Citizen with Indian Wife

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:50 am

Bobby_107 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 am
she is scared of taking IELTS English exam which is an alternative exam to meet English language requirements to apply for dependent spouse visa
Why is she scared of taking the IELTS test? The threshold required for the spouse of a UK citizen is quite low (A1 on the CEFR scale, which is about 2 out of 9 on the IELTS scale, rising to A2/3 out of 9 at the time of spouse visa renewal in 2.5 years time). If she is doing a Bachelors course in English, she should easily achieve it.

Before Brexit day (March 29th 2019), as a citizen of an EEA member-state, if you move to a non-UK EEA member-state, you will have the right under EU law to have your wife and children join you in that EEA member-state, provided you are exercising treaty rights in that EEA member-state (working, seeking work, studying or being self-sufficient with private health insurance).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bobby_107
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Bobby_107 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks for the reply.

She can write exams in English but struggle with speaking which is why she is worried

She doesn't have any visa to European countries includes UK, so if I get a job in any EU country on my current British passport, can I directly bring them to that country ? some one should issue paperwork for her .Who is going to do that?

Regards
Bobby

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 am

If you move to Germany, Netherlands etc. you can easily get a job in IT and very easily bring them over.
Bobby_107 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:11 am
Thanks for the reply.

She can write exams in English but struggle with speaking which is why she is worried

She doesn't have any visa to European countries includes UK, so if I get a job in any EU country on my current British passport, can I directly bring them to that country ? some one should issue paperwork for her .Who is going to do that?

Regards
Bobby

Bobby_107
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Bobby_107 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks you Caravel88,

I am really getting some hope here. I am very confident about securing an IT job in one of the European countries as I have been working for major banks in London for last 15 years.

As I might secure a contract job in Germany/Swiss/Netherlands using my British passport, I am wondering who will issue paper work for my wife and children? The company I secured my contract would give me that OR directly I can send my wife application to these countries home offices?

If the company offers me job in Europe countries gives me work permit then its easy to get family/dependent visas for wife and children but I am not sure if they sponsor my work permit as I already got a British passport and legal to work in Germany/Netherlands/Swiss by using British passport...Bit confused here

Any info on this is really appreciated

Thanks
Bobby

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:12 pm

If you move to a non-UK EEA member-state before March 2019 and start work, your wife and children should be able to apply for a visa under Directive 2004/38/EC directly with the embassy of that country in India and move to that country with you.

You will need to do the applications directly with the relevant government bodies, not the company you deal with. You will be their sponsor, not the company employing you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.