ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gladiator939
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by gladiator939 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Howdy all..

A silent consumer of the wisdom on this portal, felt it would be useful to someone if I share my recent successful PSC experience for ILR. Please see below.

Date of application: 23/08/2018

1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2999
4. PSC: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
a) SET (O) - completed by hand, only discovered the online option a day before my appointment. Doesn't make an iota of difference as has been made out by a few. I also didn't submit Section 9 (didn't print off c. 30 pages as it would be pretty much useless) and wasn't challenged on this.
b) One Passport
c) BRP
d) Photographs: 2x latest not older than 6 months
e) Life in the UK pass notification letter - Note, I took this test in Nov 2017 as a friend was applying for ILR at around the same time, and he talked me into taking the test with him, just for laughs :) and said that the results are valid for at least two years. Am mentioning this just in case anyone is in a similar situation - the test results are valid for life and do not carry an expiry date, but I do stand corrected. In any case, they seem to be valid for two years as a minimum.
f) Proof of English Language proficiency - MSc Degree certificate.
g) Payslips: 3x most recent (had three more in my back pocket but as expected I wasn't asked for these). I also got my payslips stamped by my employer, not sure if that makes any difference.
h) Bank statements: 3x most recent (similar to payslips above, had three more but didn't submit them. I also got my bank statements stamped by the bank branch).
i) Letter from current employer (Salary certificate, No. of weekly hours, SOC confirmation and confirmation of requirement for the foreseeable future). No absences as yet in my current job as I've been working for my employer only for the past six months, so there was nothing to add here.
absences from work)
j) Letter from two previous employers - these are well known names in the market, including a high street bank. I had no trouble getting letters from them. My first employer, where I spent 2.5 out of 5 years on Tier 2G, very helpfully provided absences in a rolling format for the duration of my employment. That must have really saved the caseworker some time ! My total absences collectively across 5 years didn't even cross 80 so I wasn't at all worried about this.

One set of photocopies, in the same order as above.

Some additional myths busted:

1) Continuous economic residence: You can apply within 28 days of the 5th anniversary of your first Tier 2G visa 'valid from' date. The date of your actual entry to the UK has no difference, unless you have delayed entry to the UK by 180 days from your 'valid from' date. As an example, my first Tier 2G visa was valid from 16/09/2013, and I entered the UK with this leave on 25/09/2013. Therefore, I calculated the 5 year continuous economic residence qualifying period to be 16/09/2013 - 16/09/2018, and I counted 28 days back from 16/09/2018, which meant that I could apply on or after 19/08/2018. The gap of 9 days, from 16/09/2013 - 24/09/2013 is set off against your 180 days allowance, and goes without saying that you don't need to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.

See this link to HO-issued guidance which should put your mind at rest: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf

2) Speeding Offence: I was caught speeding for the first time ever in my life with less than a month to go for ILR ! I was doing 36 mph on a 30 mph road, and have been invited to attend a speed awareness course in my area. I did not declare anything on Section 7. In any case, the application form itself is very clear in that you don't need to declare speeding tickets. I don't even have any points on my license following this experience so there is indeed nothing to worry about.

3) Road Traffic Accident: Again, I can confirm that this has no bearing whatsoever on most applications, but make sure that you evaluate your individual circumstances properly. Getting a legal opinion (like I did) won't hurt.

PSC Experience:

Super smooth, straightforward and simple. Could not have asked for a better experience. I arrived at 8.30 am for a 9.00 am appointment. Reported to registrations at 09.00, was given a ticket and asked to wait in the cafe. Was called to the desk at about 09.20. I wasn't asked anything other than confirmation of my name, DOB and marital status. Took quite a while here as the gentleman I was dealing with was also simultaneously helping a colleague. I submitted my paperwork and was almost immediately called in for biometrics enrolment. Finished this and re-entered the cafe area by 10.00 am. I was told that the system was playing up so there was a slight chance that I would have to re-enter my biometrics, but thankfully nothing of the sort happened. My ticket moved to 'Under Consideration' by 10.15 am, which is when the waiting game began.

I spent the entire time inside the building as the weather was bad. I didn't give my phone number to anyone at registration / biometrics but did give my number on the application form. I got a call at 11.00 (yes, just 45 minutes later) from a caseworker who was very friendly and polite. He asked me why my wife and child weren't on my application, and I responded to say that I wasn't married long enough (!) and planned to go for British Citizenship for my son following a successful ILR application. He was perfectly fine with that and simply said that this is a mandatory question that they have to ask of all applicants, and that he could see our previous immigration history.

11.15 am - My ticket was announced on the tannoy and I was pretty shocked as the application was under consideration for just an hour. I was pretty sure that the caseworker had more queries but when I walked over to the desk I was greeted by another pleasant member of staff who gave me back my documents, and confirmed that my application was successful. I spent another 15 minutes or so just collating my original paperwork and ILR Approval Letter before leaving the building. Funnily enough I wasn't given any checklist or similar to sign (as has been mentioned by other posters).

Thanks again for all the nuggets guys, it has been very helpful and is truly appreciated. If there are any queries I can answer, please feel free to ask away and I will do my best to help.

MineLost
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by MineLost » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Nice one there, I enjoyed reading your post. All the best.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 pm

gladiator939 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 pm
Howdy all..

A silent consumer of the wisdom on this portal, felt it would be useful to someone if I share my recent successful PSC experience for ILR. Please see below.

Date of application: 23/08/2018

1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2999
4. PSC: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
a) SET (O) - completed by hand, only discovered the online option a day before my appointment. Doesn't make an iota of difference as has been made out by a few. I also didn't submit Section 9 (didn't print off c. 30 pages as it would be pretty much useless) and wasn't challenged on this.
b) One Passport
c) BRP
d) Photographs: 2x latest not older than 6 months
e) Life in the UK pass notification letter - Note, I took this test in Nov 2017 as a friend was applying for ILR at around the same time, and he talked me into taking the test with him, just for laughs :) and said that the results are valid for at least two years. Am mentioning this just in case anyone is in a similar situation - the test results are valid for life and do not carry an expiry date, but I do stand corrected. In any case, they seem to be valid for two years as a minimum.
f) Proof of English Language proficiency - MSc Degree certificate.
g) Payslips: 3x most recent (had three more in my back pocket but as expected I wasn't asked for these). I also got my payslips stamped by my employer, not sure if that makes any difference.
h) Bank statements: 3x most recent (similar to payslips above, had three more but didn't submit them. I also got my bank statements stamped by the bank branch).
i) Letter from current employer (Salary certificate, No. of weekly hours, SOC confirmation and confirmation of requirement for the foreseeable future). No absences as yet in my current job as I've been working for my employer only for the past six months, so there was nothing to add here.
absences from work)
j) Letter from two previous employers - these are well known names in the market, including a high street bank. I had no trouble getting letters from them. My first employer, where I spent 2.5 out of 5 years on Tier 2G, very helpfully provided absences in a rolling format for the duration of my employment. That must have really saved the caseworker some time ! My total absences collectively across 5 years didn't even cross 80 so I wasn't at all worried about this.

One set of photocopies, in the same order as above.

Some additional myths busted:

1) Continuous economic residence: You can apply within 28 days of the 5th anniversary of your first Tier 2G visa 'valid from' date. The date of your actual entry to the UK has no difference, unless you have delayed entry to the UK by 180 days from your 'valid from' date. As an example, my first Tier 2G visa was valid from 16/09/2013, and I entered the UK with this leave on 25/09/2013. Therefore, I calculated the 5 year continuous economic residence qualifying period to be 16/09/2013 - 16/09/2018, and I counted 28 days back from 16/09/2018, which meant that I could apply on or after 19/08/2018. The gap of 9 days, from 16/09/2013 - 24/09/2013 is set off against your 180 days allowance, and goes without saying that you don't need to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.

See this link to HO-issued guidance which should put your mind at rest: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf

2) Speeding Offence: I was caught speeding for the first time ever in my life with less than a month to go for ILR ! I was doing 36 mph on a 30 mph road, and have been invited to attend a speed awareness course in my area. I did not declare anything on Section 7. In any case, the application form itself is very clear in that you don't need to declare speeding tickets. I don't even have any points on my license following this experience so there is indeed nothing to worry about.

3) Road Traffic Accident: Again, I can confirm that this has no bearing whatsoever on most applications, but make sure that you evaluate your individual circumstances properly. Getting a legal opinion (like I did) won't hurt.

PSC Experience:

Super smooth, straightforward and simple. Could not have asked for a better experience. I arrived at 8.30 am for a 9.00 am appointment. Reported to registrations at 09.00, was given a ticket and asked to wait in the cafe. Was called to the desk at about 09.20. I wasn't asked anything other than confirmation of my name, DOB and marital status. Took quite a while here as the gentleman I was dealing with was also simultaneously helping a colleague. I submitted my paperwork and was almost immediately called in for biometrics enrolment. Finished this and re-entered the cafe area by 10.00 am. I was told that the system was playing up so there was a slight chance that I would have to re-enter my biometrics, but thankfully nothing of the sort happened. My ticket moved to 'Under Consideration' by 10.15 am, which is when the waiting game began.

I spent the entire time inside the building as the weather was bad. I didn't give my phone number to anyone at registration / biometrics but did give my number on the application form. I got a call at 11.00 (yes, just 45 minutes later) from a caseworker who was very friendly and polite. He asked me why my wife and child weren't on my application, and I responded to say that I wasn't married long enough (!) and planned to go for British Citizenship for my son following a successful ILR application. He was perfectly fine with that and simply said that this is a mandatory question that they have to ask of all applicants, and that he could see our previous immigration history.

11.15 am - My ticket was announced on the tannoy and I was pretty shocked as the application was under consideration for just an hour. I was pretty sure that the caseworker had more queries but when I walked over to the desk I was greeted by another pleasant member of staff who gave me back my documents, and confirmed that my application was successful. I spent another 15 minutes or so just collating my original paperwork and ILR Approval Letter before leaving the building. Funnily enough I wasn't given any checklist or similar to sign (as has been mentioned by other posters).

Thanks again for all the nuggets guys, it has been very helpful and is truly appreciated. If there are any queries I can answer, please feel free to ask away and I will do my best to help.
Congrats :) it was really nice and relaxing to read your writing...MaY I ask you please when your last salary increased under T2 and the percentage of increment? As its an very important factor i think for HO!

gladiator939
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator939 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 am

GMO wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 pm
Congrats :) it was really nice and relaxing to read your writing...MaY I ask you please when your last salary increased under T2 and the percentage of increment? As its an very important factor i think for HO!
Thank you so much, I am flattered haha ! :D

You would have obviously noted that I've had three employers on Tier 2G. My last salary increase was actually when I was working for employer # 2, where it went up by c.27% when I got promoted. This was the same salary level (well, approximately) at which I moved across to my current employer earlier in the year, and has remained static ever since as I've only been with my current employer for 6 months.

It is also worth noting that my salary, at all times, has been well above the threshold defined for my SOC code (I would say it is about 3x). Therefore in my case I don't think the caseworker would have really cared when I was last given an increment!

Just out of interest, why do you think it's such an important factor for the HO? Just curious...

gladiator939
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator939 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 am

MineLost wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:04 pm
Nice one there, I enjoyed reading your post. All the best.
Thank you!

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 am

gladiator939 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 am
GMO wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 pm
Thank you so much, I am flattered haha ! :D

You would have obviously noted that I've had three employers on Tier 2G. My last salary increase was actually when I was working for employer # 2, where it went up by c.27% when I got promoted. This was the same salary level (well, approximately) at which I moved across to my current employer earlier in the year, and has remained static ever since as I've only been with my current employer for 6 months.

It is also worth noting that my salary, at all times, has been well above the threshold defined for my SOC code (I would say it is about 3x). Therefore in my case I don't think the caseworker would have really cared when I was last given an increment!

Just out of interest, why do you think it's such an important factor for the HO? Just curious...
Thanks :) then it’s ok in your case mate . It is important cause if anyone’s salary increase more than 15% (probably!) just before the ILR then it’s suspicious.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Finally, I am in the position to give something back to this helpful community.

1. Category. SET(0) Tier 2, 5 years, Online application
2. Number of dependents. 0
3. Total cost. £2999 + £75
4. PEO branch. Solihull
5. Documents provided. Exactly as specified in the online application form. No more, no less.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. A lot less than 180 days
7. Any Additional Comments.

Overall I find my experience rather smooth. I find online application a lot easier to complete compared with the paper form. Plus the number of required documents is less for online application. Submitted the application just after midnight. To book an appointment I keep refreshing and changing between different PSC's; suceeded after 15 minutes. The day after I managed to reshedule to an earlier appointment. I didnt see any difference between using Firefox or IE.

The day at the PSC went extremely well. The staff were extremely friendly. No single question was asked about my application. Got the approval after 2 hours. I only submitted the documents (and photocopies) which are required in the online application form although I did bring others just in case.

Good luck everyone!

Mercia300
Newly Registered

Post by Mercia300 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello,

I’ve been following this website ever since I came to the UK more than 9 years ago. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful information I’ve been able to freely obtain here to assist me in my immigration applications.

Sheffield PEO

Application: SET(M). 5 years
Citizenship: Non EU (African)
Fee: 2999 GBP
Documentation used: exactly as asked in the SET (M) guide, nothing more
Application date: 31/08/2018
Appointment: 11.40
Arrived: 11.10

I walked in and asked the security guard whether I could come in early as you are asked to come in only 15 minutes before your appointment. He said that was okay.

I went through airport style security and entered the PEO premises which are of moderate size and of similar design and smartness to most government offices I’ve visited.

I noticed that the counters where the applications are registered are of an open-plan type and rather close to the seating area so one can hear most of what’s being discussed with applicants without any effort.

Only before I left did I notice a small sign that said you can ask to register your application in a more private area. So if any of you are concerned about privacy, they are willing to accommodate that.

Application registered: 11.15

They were running ahead of schedule and for the rest of the day while I was there they were registering applications 30 mins earlier that scheduled.

The lady at the counter was kind and friendly. She asked me for my documents as she worked through a checklist and then told me to return to the seating area.

By the way, you don’t have to go with your partner, as mine sat at the seating area and didn’t even accompany me to register the application. Obviously you still need to have their passports etc. with you but the lady didn’t even ask me where my partner was.

Biometrics registered: 12.13

I was told I could leave if I wanted after leaving my phone number and return 1.5 hours later or when I got a call.

I decided to remain.

Called to the counters: 13.30

A kind gentleman told me right away that my application was approved. He told me a Biometric Residence Permit would be sent to me between 5 to 7 working days from that day.

Application processing time: 2 hours 15 mins

I’m so pleased to have obtained settlement and anyone who has had to deal with immigration bureaucracy and hurdles can attest, the sense of relief is tremendous.

It took me 4 days and multiple tries to be able to book a PEO appointment. The booking system is stressful and has clearly deteriorated over the last 5 years that I’ve used it.

I hope my post helps someone in the same way the multiple accounts posted on this forum helped me.

anonymouspen
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by anonymouspen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Long time lurker on this forum, all the insights have been invaluable for my application.

PSC: Croydon for SET LR
Appointment date & time: 10:30 on 3 September 2018
Reception: 10:30 (was not allowed to register any earlier, although arrived at 10:10)
Case Registration: 11:00
Biometrics: 11:25
Documents returned: 13:30

Entered UK in September 2008 on T4x2, switched to PSW then T2.

Following documentation were submitted along with copy in addition to standard:
- Copies of all visas held
- Transcripts (3x uni)
- Employer letter
- 3x payslips
- 3x bank statements

The copy of all the documents were taken with originals returned.

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am

1. Category.
SET(LR)

2. Number of dependents.

3. Total cost.
2999+75

4. PEO branch.
Cardiff

5. Documents provided.
App form
LitUK
Photo x 2
MSc Degree
Current BRP
Passport x 2
Police Registration Cert
Documents support other reasons to stay: property title
Proof of delivery of refusal letter in 2014
Copy of all entry/exit stamps (they kept this one so I assume it was useful)
Copy of everything (apart from application form)

Even though my checklist asked for documents and visa of my partner, it was irrelevant and I did not provide them (I did take them with me).

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
No

7. Any Additional Comments.
Appointment time was 8:10, got there at 7:45 but was told they open at 8. Security check at 8AM, reception at 8:05. Bio at 9:17. Decision at 9:58.

Cardiff centre is great. All staff friendly and nice. Smaller than Croydon, at roughly 10AM there were only 3 appointments on site (me included). Waiting area is with vending machine, couch, water and TV. Unlike Croydon, the staff actually come out of office and call the numbers. Process is a bit different too, reception includes documents check, meaning you don’t have to wait for documents check after reception give you your number.

I thought my case was going to take long and I worried sick that it might not going to be dicided on site due to I have had a refusal in 2014 (I submitted a fresh app 10 days after receiving refusal letter and was granted). I initially prepared a lengthy cover letter to explain and to quote all the laws as suggested by a solicitor I consulted. But i decided to take advice given by the moderator @CR001 that if I had to have a cover letter, only state the fact. It turned out great. I got the decision within 2 hours and only took 30 minutes from taking my bio to the decision.

If your case is not complex and solicitor is saying that you should include all law quotes and be professional, he/she just want to sell you their application package, which is expensive. Don’t fall for that.

Thank all the good people and morderators (especially vinny and CR001) on this forum, you have been more than helpful. Thank you so much and all the best to all of you.

abrs8
Newly Registered

Post by abrs8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 am

anonymouspen wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:01 pm
Long time lurker on this forum, all the insights have been invaluable for my application.

Reception: 10:30 (was not allowed to register any earlier, although arrived at 10:10)

- Transcripts (3x uni)
- Employer letter
- 3x payslips
- 3x bank statements

congratulations! I have an appointment next week and pretty much exactly the same conditions as you regarding previous visas. Would you be able to kindly help me out with a couple of questions I have regarding the application form? Really stuck here :S

anonymouspen
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by anonymouspen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:21 pm

abrs8 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 am
anonymouspen wrote:

- Transcripts (3x uni)
- Employer letter
- 3x payslips
- 3x bank statements

congratulations! I have an appointment next week and pretty much exactly the same conditions as you regarding previous visas. Would you be able to kindly help me out with a couple of questions I have regarding the application form? Really stuck here :S
Hey - sure just post them on here!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:27 pm

anonymouspen wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:21 pm
abrs8 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 am
anonymouspen wrote:

- Transcripts (3x uni)
- Employer letter
- 3x payslips
- 3x bank statements

Hey - sure just post them on here!
Kindly respond to the users topic they already have instead of the user posting duplicate questions here which is a topic for successful applications only.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-lr-q ... l#p1677616
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mercia300
Newly Registered

Post by Mercia300 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Mercia300 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Hello,

I’ve been following this website ever since I came to the UK more than 9 years ago. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful information I’ve been able to freely obtain here to assist me in my immigration applications.

Sheffield PEO

Application: SET(M). 5 years
Citizenship: Non EU (African)
Fee: 2999 GBP
Documentation used: exactly as asked in the SET (M) guide, nothing more
Application date: 31/08/2018
Appointment: 11.40
Arrived: 11.10

I walked in and asked the security guard whether I could come in early as you are asked to come in only 15 minutes before your appointment. He said that was okay.

I went through airport style security and entered the PEO premises which are of moderate size and of similar design and smartness to most government offices I’ve visited.

I noticed that the counters where the applications are registered are of an open-plan type and rather close to the seating area so one can hear most of what’s being discussed with applicants without any effort.

Only before I left did I notice a small sign that said you can ask to register your application in a more private area. So if any of you are concerned about privacy, they are willing to accommodate that.

Application registered: 11.15

They were running ahead of schedule and for the rest of the day while I was there they were registering applications 30 mins earlier that scheduled.

The lady at the counter was kind and friendly. She asked me for my documents as she worked through a checklist and then told me to return to the seating area.

By the way, you don’t have to go with your partner, as mine sat at the seating area and didn’t even accompany me to register the application. Obviously you still need to have their passports etc. with you but the lady didn’t even ask me where my partner was.

Biometrics registered: 12.13

I was told I could leave if I wanted after leaving my phone number and return 1.5 hours later or when I got a call.

I decided to remain.

Called to the counters: 13.30

A kind gentleman told me right away that my application was approved. He told me a Biometric Residence Permit would be sent to me between 5 to 7 working days from that day.

Application processing time: 2 hours 15 mins

I’m so pleased to have obtained settlement and anyone who has had to deal with immigration bureaucracy and hurdles can attest, the sense of relief is tremendous.

It took me 4 days and multiple tries to be able to book a PEO appointment. The booking system is stressful and has clearly deteriorated over the last 5 years that I’ve used it.

I hope my post helps someone in the same way the multiple accounts posted on this forum helped me.
BRP delivered: 06/09/2018 4 working days after approval.

I waited till 3 working days from approval then contacted DX on their website with my name, address and postcode asking for a tracking number which they emailed to me that day. I was then able to know which day my BRP would be delivered.

yadsa123
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by yadsa123 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm

ntt05r wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Overall I find my experience rather smooth. I find online application a lot easier to complete compared with the paper form. Plus the number of required documents is less for online application. Submitted the application just after midnight. To book an appointment I keep refreshing and changing between different PSC's; suceeded after 15 minutes. The day after I managed to reshedule to an earlier appointment. I didnt see any difference between using Firefox or IE.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats ntt05r...
Could you please share bit more on timings of application submission.
As PSC appointments are limited I want to submit application 45 days in advance of my 5 years (excl. 28 days), which probably would be at 5 years -28-45 days to book the earliest eligible slot (as those are released 45 days in advance). However online application says - you can not submit earlier than 28 days on the first page... I actually started it earlier and now it bit of worry what would be considered 'Submitted' - day of payment, day at PSC or day of initial start of the draft application.
In theory it should be date at PSC, but I am not sure...
How have you done it or have you completed application in one go and submitted it immediately?
Thanks
Denis

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Good News to share. Mashallah my ILR approved at Premium Appointment Centre Croydon on 05/09/2018

Application type: Set(o), Tier 2 (5 years)

Arrived at centre- 8:15am
Appointment time- 8:30am
Token Received- 8:30am
Documents Submitted- 8:35am
Biometrics done- 8:50am
Case Awaiting consideration from- 8:57am
Case under consideration from- 9:22am
Called for collection- 10:28am

Overall it was a very smooth and quick process for me

Documents submitted as per check list

**Passport
**BRP
**Pictures
**Life in UK test
**UK degree Certificate
**3 months payslip
**3 months bank statement
**Consent form for verification checks
**Letter from Employer
—1. Detailing reasons for absences
—2. Required for foreseeable future
—3. Detailing all absences from past 5 years

Photocopies of all the above

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:10 pm

nasmc92 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 pm
Good News to share. Mashallah my ILR approved at Premium Appointment Centre Croydon on 05/09/2018

Application type: Set(o), Tier 2 (5 years)

Arrived at centre- 8:15am
Appointment time- 8:30am
Token Received- 8:30am
Documents Submitted- 8:35am
Biometrics done- 8:50am
Case Awaiting consideration from- 8:57am
Case under consideration from- 9:22am
Called for collection- 10:28am

Overall it was a very smooth and quick process for me

Documents submitted as per check list

**Passport
**BRP
**Pictures
**Life in UK test
**UK degree Certificate
**3 months payslip
**3 months bank statement
**Consent form for verification checks
**Letter from Employer
—1. Detailing reasons for absences
—2. Required for foreseeable future

Photocopies of all the above
Congrats :) Can you please explain what did you mean by —1. Detailing reasons for absences

Thanks

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am

you need to submit a letter from employer that when were you out of country , dates and number of day.
this is a employer letter for absences

When you say you are out of country business/holiday then you need to show proof in form of tickets for holidays and employer letter for business trips. In both cases I used employer letters to explain where I went and for what reason

abrs8
Newly Registered

Post by abrs8 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm

I've been checking these boards for at least 7 years, possibly longer. A great deal of invaluable information especially considering Home Office does a terrible job at communicating with people who have any confusions or questions. Finally got my ILR approved and happy to share my details:

PSC: Croydon for SET (LR)
Appointment date & time: 9am on 11 September 2018
Reception: 9 (I got there at 8:30, was let through security but was told to wait until 9)
Case Registration: 9:50
Biometrics: 10:15
Case under consideration: 11
Documents returned: 11:55

Documents: Just the usual ones mentioned however I did include a letter of employment + copies of my last 2 p60s - they did keep the copies.

Most of the Croydon staff were very friendly and helpful. The cafe is reasonably stocked and enough space for everyone to sit while waiting. Even the coffee is not that bad!

gnij
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by gnij » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Been stalking this forum for a long time now, learning from the wealth of experiences here (which has saved me £1000+ on lawyer fees!). So here's my turn to share as a big thank you to the community here.

Category. Tier 2 (General) - 5 years (applied 23 days before 5th year anniversary)
Number of dependents. 0
Total cost. £2999
PEO branch. Croydon

Documents provided.
1. Set O form
2. Current passports
3. Expired passports held during my stay in the UK
4. Current BRP
5. Life in UK test pass notification
6. Original UK degree
7. Employer verification letter containing information on:
1) Salary 2) SOC code 3) List of days outside the UK 4) Start date and still employed 5) Still required for future employment in the foreseeable future
8. Ex-employer verification letter containing information on:
1) Salary 2) SOC code 3) List of days outside the UK 4) Start date and end date of previous employment
9. Two photographs with names written on the back
10. Payslips - last 3 months verified by HR
11. Bank statements - last 3 months printed in branch and stamped on every page by branch staff
12. P60s for the last 5 years (not required, but submitted)
13. Current company's contract + old contract + old and new CoS (not required, but submitted)

Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. No

Appointment time at 10:20am
Arrived - 950am. Was told a bit early - sat at the side until 10:20am
Received ticket - 10:20am
Case registration - Around 11:30am
Completed biometrics - Around 12pm
Received documents + success letter - Around 2:45pm

Everything went really smoothly and overall great experience. No additional questions or calls from caseworkers.

Called DX 2 working days after for a tracking number for my BRP, which is slated to arrive this week, 4 working days after my appointment

Many thanks again to all here!!

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 pm

I submitted the online form on day 5yr-28 days and my appointment is on day 5yr-10 days.

I have heard abt the application date being the PSC appointment date but I wouldnt want to risk it. Both of my dates are within the -28 days.
yadsa123 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm
ntt05r wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Congrats ntt05r...
As PSC appointments are limited I want to submit application 45 days in advance of my 5 years (excl. 28 days), which probably would be at 5 years -28-45 days to book the earliest eligible slot (as those are released 45 days in advance). However online application says - you can not submit earlier than 28 days on the first page... I actually started it earlier and now it bit of worry what would be considered 'Submitted' - day of payment, day at PSC or day of initial start of the draft application.
How have you done it or have you completed application in one go and submitted it immediately?
Thanks
Denis

deelazam
Newly Registered

Post by deelazam » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 am

This forum, and this post in particular has been incredibly helpful as I prepare for my ILR (SET O) application.

Would it be possible for anybody who has successfully secured their ILR to share the template of the absence letter they received from their employer? My employer has asked me to draft one - I have gone through ten pages of posts on this thread but couldn't find a template (apologies if it has been posted before).

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 pm

deelazam wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 am
This forum, and this post in particular has been incredibly helpful as I prepare for my ILR (SET O) application.

Would it be possible for anybody who has successfully secured their ILR to share the template of the absence letter they received from their employer? My employer has asked me to draft one - I have gone through ten pages of posts on this thread but couldn't find a template (apologies if it has been posted before).

Thanks in advance.
See link below of a sample.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html

Please also DO NOT post application queries in this thread, which is only for successful In Person ILR application updates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mercia300
Newly Registered

Post by Mercia300 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 pm

yadsa123 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm
ntt05r wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Congrats ntt05r...
Thanks
Denis
If you are using PSC then your application date is when you attend your PSC appointment not when you pay or make a draft online application.

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Arrived for the ILR appointment at 8:30 am for a 9 am appointment in Belfast . I was asked to take a seat, after 15 minutes a lady called me to the reception desk and took my application and documents and told me they will call in about 20 minutes for Biometrics. After 15 minutes I was called for Biometric and that was done. I was then told to wait in the lounge while the case worker looks at my application. She said it could take anywhere between 2 and 2 and half hours for the outcome. In the meanwhile if case worker has any doubt they will call me. After about 20 minutes of waiting in the lounge I was called in and she said my ILR is granted and I said thank you wow that was super quick :-) All in all a smooth experience, everything completed in less than an hour. I have been to apply for visas before but this one was hands down the smoothest experience I have had. Didn’t feel like a major appointment at all, I was the only applicant that was suited and booted there lol . I was Out of the building by 9:45 am. I was told BRP will be with me in the next 7 to 10 days. In the beginning I had handed them all the documents put in a folder labelled with sticky notes and photo copies were all done where required. You make their job easy its easy for them to reach a decision and that's what I believe helped them with finish my case quick. Another interesting thing, I never saw my case worker, all I had to interact was with the person who took my documents and did the biometrics. SET (LR) is very straightforward, didn’t feel the need to use a solicitor at all, I remember one of them quoting about £1000 damn what an easy £1000 it is for them for such a simple application. A big Thank you to this forum :D