ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise on miscellaneous issue with Spanish Tourist Visa application!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vchavan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Need advise on miscellaneous issue with Spanish Tourist Visa application!

Post by vchavan1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:49 am

Hi,

I have an Indian Passport and am currently working in the UK and my work permit is valid for 10 more months.

There's an interesting event happening in Barcelona, Spain in the last week of October, and I'd like to apply for a tourist visa to attend the same.

However, my problem is that I have been working in the UK since over a month, and the
Schengen Visa Website (https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/) mentions that a non-EU citizens who have been staying in the UK for a minimum of 3 months should apply.

On the other hand, I have heard that they do make exceptions to this if it is clearly specified in the application.

I will have completed 3 months in the UK before my intended date of travel to Spain, however, I will have to start the application process much before that.

My question:
- Should I apply for a Visa before I complete 3 months in the UK?
- Should I wait and cancel my plans?

Any help/advise is appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Need advise on miscellaneous issue with Spanish Tourist Visa application!

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:17 pm

That is not an official website. This one is:
https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/tour ... e_visa.php

What they are trying to say there is that, you must be a UK resident as a foreigner in order to apply for a visa for Spain (and elsewhere) from the UK.

Residency translates to having the permission to stay somewhere 91 days or more within a 180 day period.

You have a residence permit so that covers you.

The only thing is they seem to require bank / financial information for past 90 days.
So perhaps try to include statements from your other accounts.
vchavan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:49 am
Hi,

I have an Indian Passport and am currently working in the UK and my work permit is valid for 10 more months.

There's an interesting event happening in Barcelona, Spain in the last week of October, and I'd like to apply for a tourist visa to attend the same.

However, my problem is that I have been working in the UK since over a month, and the
Schengen Visa Website (https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/) mentions that a non-EU citizens who have been staying in the UK for a minimum of 3 months should apply.

On the other hand, I have heard that they do make exceptions to this if it is clearly specified in the application.

I will have completed 3 months in the UK before my intended date of travel to Spain, however, I will have to start the application process much before that.

My question:

vchavan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vchavan1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the correct website.

Just to be clear on another thing you said, bank statements from my account in my home country (India) will be accepted?
The statement has been stamped and signed by the bank rep.

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:17 pm

What they are trying to say there is that, you must be a UK resident as a foreigner in order to apply for a visa for Spain (and elsewhere) from the UK.

Residency translates to having the permission to stay somewhere 91 days or more within a 180 day period.

The only thing is they seem to require bank / financial information for past 90 days.
vchavan1 wrote:
Hi,

My question:

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:48 am

I have applied for Spanish visas quite a number of times. They can be quite pernickety to be honest so I am not sure about bank statements from the home country but you can put that in your cover letter and hope they read it. They are a very lax bunch

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:46 am

May or may not be accepted.
But then may or may not be required.

You never know what they will want or do. Honestly.

Just send whatever you can and explain in a letter.
vchavan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:20 am
Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the correct website.

Just to be clear on another thing you said, bank statements from my account in my home country (India) will be accepted?
The statement has been stamped and signed by the bank rep.

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:17 pm

vchavan1 wrote:
Hi,

My question:

vchavan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vchavan1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks @Caravel88 and @IJOS for your advice.
Much appreciated!

I shall keep these things in mind when applying.

Cheers!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am

Please let us know how it goes. Good luck.
vchavan1 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm
Thanks @Caravel88 and @IJOS for your advice.
Much appreciated!

I shall keep these things in mind when applying.

Cheers!